2015-03-16 22:19:17

actually, that sounds like a great idea! This post starts page 24, a new page of the topic, so on to the normal topic.
Anyways. yes. the wonders of planet cracking: I wish I could actually do that, but I'll have to get credits first. You should seriously implement a molecular disruption device. That's where it basically goes in and splits molecules, and as it does, the field expands to encompass other nearby objects. That would be neat to destroy bounty pirate ships, or rogue planets, but it would cost like 1 trillion credits or something so it would be extremely rare. Or perhaps 1 billion?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-03-16 22:20:36

Awsome idea dude! How far would the range of this new weapon be? I estimate it would take a loooooong time to charge up.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2015-03-16 22:24:08

Yeah. It would take a long time, perhaps 1 hour or 1 and a half hour real game time, to make it be used sparingly and only if needed; we don't want this to be buy once, use every time type of weapon. I think the range should be if there's not another ship near the one it is acted on, it will discipate. I think the field should only reach out to the length of 2 ships away from a target. After it expands this much, if it doesn't make any more contact with another ship, it goes away.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2015-03-16 22:25:20

In the book from where I got it, you would launch the device, and have to pilot the ship out of range, or else your ship could also be destroyed

2015-03-16 22:26:09

Thanks for the idea, i'll sirtenly add it to my list. This sounds like a demolishing beam of some sorts, or I could actually convert this to the anti matter beam.

Thumbs up

2015-03-16 22:34:07

Yeah, you most certainly could. That actually does sound like an antimatter beam, because it, well, destroys matter

2015-03-16 22:59:34

I'm surprised the way this topic has gone. First, Tyler, I'm happy you've finally shut the hell up. You were starting to grind on my nerves.
I will suggest a few tips for you, though:
1. Grow up. People don't like others who always want things to go their own way. Your little act of "OMG! I'm the best!" seriously needs to stop. Oh, and, BTW, did you know that girls don't like people with this attitude? Just show them this topic, and show them what you've posted and see what happens.
2. Enough with the protest shit. That's bullshit and you know it. Do you know how many people would join your little protest group? I'll tell you: 0!
3. Stop acting like a 4 year old on steroids. Your seriously pissing me off, and I'd really like to keep my emotions in check and not blast off into a fit of rage again, thank you very much. No one would really want that, would they, now?
@Danny, RS, and the rest of you:
All of these suggestions sound like good ones. Here's one: Perhaps have a pure material destroyer? (Call it El Puro materia Destruir, which is "The Pure Material Destroyer" in Spanish.)
Or, have an item that costs about 1500000 credits called the Objeto Replicador (Object Replicator in Spanish). The El Puro materia Destruir would destroy any form of matter: matter, dark matter, atoms, molecules, etc. The Objeto Replicador does what its name implies: It replicates any form of matter.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2015-03-16 23:07:44

Ok I have an idea. I don't know if it would work at all or what ever but here goes. another type of bounty mission could be You could fly to a pyriate ship, but instead of shooting it down you could bord it but instead of killing the enemies inside you could capture them and then bring them back to any Planet/space station for a reward. Someone suggested something similar on the game accept I think the idea was that you could kill the pirate when bording the ship. Not trying to steal anyones thunder just putting my own spin on things.

Audio game king

Thumbs up

2015-03-16 23:14:59

Wow, this topic has gone into quite a viral stage. It went from 519 to 582 posts today and still counting. I personally couldn't stand his constant basic, stupid question asking when most of the questions he was asking the admins and other players were answered on this forum, the in-game help system, and if he looked hard enough, he could find the information.txt file which provides some introductory information on game play. Anyway, I'll be on the server shortly and can't wait to actually be able to do another bounty mission; this time I will bring other players along because the one I attempted last night was a complete disaster and I had to teleport off of a ship that didn't even belong to me.
As for these new features, I can't wait for them to be implemented. Ground combat with vehicles with weapon systems sounds very intriguing and would surely bring another alternative to constantly piloting ships. I think planet exploration definitely could be expanded in the future to include ground missions as well. Boarding a pirate ship and killing the ship's crew would be a great alternative to chasing down the pirate ship with your own ship. Getting in their face with a plasma rifle, a fusion cutter, or any other weapon that may be added to the game would be very satisfying.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up

2015-03-16 23:19:42

Wow, guys just wow.
You realise its this sort of thing that makes me not want to play.
Anyway a refueler or reserve would be good.
I'd also like some sort of autopilot added or maybe a destination finder, maybe you could set it to find the closest station to refuel and repair.
Another thing I thought could be done is when you get the tracter system installed, you could take a ship out and tracter it into your dock bay.
and take it back to a station.
Ground vehicles would rock, but what are their fuel, I assume batteries or something, how would they be charged though.
On big ships especially corsairs it takes a lot of time walking to your ships unless you set a teleport in one if you have one.
Selling ships, wow, that actually will solve a lot of the lag, if I have a miner I won't need my fraiter, if I have a heavy fraiter I won't need my fraiter.
If I have a Lockheed I may not need a cruiser, etc.
I could also sell ships for extra cash.
how is that selling system put?
In smuglers I think I am not sure but you get half of your ships price for selling the ships but I am not sure.
Also I heard about the antimatter beam, I don't as of now have a good sound for it unless I want to rip off starwars or something, but I can sertainly look at that unless someone gets to it first, well actually I may have one already.
I may come on later on.
one thing I have noticed is if you are mining asteroids or fueling and leave the ariea or ship the asteroid mining sound continues, if you exit the game and come back and you are on your miner not all sounds start you still get the collection sound for material.
When refuelling if you exit and reenter your ship all refuelling sounds stop.
Not sure if this is good or not but I know in smuglers you can buy components, newer and faster engines, or engines with extra abilities etc.
You can also buy better weapons and extra things like shields and cloaks etc.
Another thing I have been thinking about is crafting items and or tuning your ships and vehicles.
Also what about ship junkyards, you would have to learn how but you could salvage bits and bobs and put them in your ship.
These are just ideas I am not sure what is and what is not good.
Also, I'd like to be able to drink beer eat food etc, yes I know you can buy it, but you can't do anything with it.

Thumbs up

2015-03-16 23:30:00 (edited by Dgleks 2015-03-16 23:34:18)

Dear god, is this still going on?
@Ethin Keep in mind girls also don't like people who constantly agrivate the attacker and keep on talking shit to them if they've already quieted down.
I don't usually have a problem with general swearing, but you have a reputation of overusing it. Girls also don't like that.
It's clear to all of us that Tyler isn't the most prefered person to be around.
But what you did was continued the discussion further than it needed to go.
Sometimes you got to sit back and think, "Is what i'm about to say right? Is it going to help the situation or not?"
And if it's not going to help, you just got to shut up and move along.
This isn't ment as anything against you, but if Tyler comes back with saying something else, it will be your fault. It doesn't make it right, but it would still be because you decided to make that post.
Thanks!
-Dgleks

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

Thumbs up

2015-03-16 23:36:25

It's like talking to a wall with Tyler so going on and on and on is pointless. Let's just put an end to this discussion because he won't take anything from it. Generally, people do not change so yeah. He will try to make this into a huge flame war, don't give him the satisfaction of having that happen.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-03-16 23:39:52

Greetings all, i've been fixing a few more bugs with the game and have patched up most of the bugs that were caused when I fixt the ships getting destroyed lag.

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 02:31:23

@ironcross32 Making assumptions about me won't solve the matter. I can change if you punks let me! Excluding me from things won't help the matter.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 03:58:21 (edited by Ethin 2015-03-17 03:58:58)

OK. I guess my post was rather rude. But it points out three basic points: Tyler won't ever shut up, he wants to start a flame war, and he wants a utopia of his own. (That utopia would be being Danny and banning everyone he hates.) I was going to play, but forgot about it because I had some other things to do tonight. I'll play tomorrow, though, as I'll have a free night then! Hurray!
@Tyler, calling everyone names won't solve anything either, dude. Grow up and stop acting stupid. This isn't your world, you know.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 04:08:55

This is a shame. what a crying shame.
Danny posts this wonderful creation here, and it truly is wonderful! I, in fact, don't think I could creat something that equates to it, it is just... amazing! But of course, trolls, who have regard for only themselves, come and post here. We all try to end the discussion, but then more trolls come on and decide "nope, the discussion will continue."
It's getting to the point that Danny can't even! Post anything relating to death match without it getting overlapped by trolling, trolling, and more trolling!
Danny, I just want you to know that I, and many others really appreciate this grand masterpiece you made for us. And if another troll posts, let's all ignore him/her, and instead hit the report button.

2015-03-17 04:24:14

right there Tyler, you cannot, it seems, grasp the basic concepts required of someone trying to be a decent human being. You whine and cry when things don't go your way, you put all these suggestions and ideas on Danny that go way way way beyond what he can deal with at the moment. Do you ever think of anyone other than yourself? I very much doubt it. We want you excluded! Why can you not just understand that. We, do, not, want, you, on, DMNB. Why? you are rude, inconsiderate, pushy, way past massively annoying and a big whiner. We want people to be a part of the community around the game. You cannot seam to do this, you are a disruptive influence and you refuse to change your ways after many warnings and a first ban, you were given a second chance and still you did not change. Why is it our fault if you behave the way you do? Why should we have to deal with a person like you? You think you are the center of the universe, which couldn't be further from the truth.So stop posting on this topic, we want nothing to do with you! Leave us alone and drop this because you're only hurting yourself in the end.

To the other players or potential players. We are not evil people. We have just had too much of this guy and have reached a breaking point.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-03-17 05:48:49

@post 592 that's exactly the point i've been trying to get across. I already admitted that trolling him like everyone including myself couldn't resist doing, and while it mainly was our falts for not keeping our virtual mouths shut, its difficult to do so when you've got an iron rod breathing down your nec, which is what tyler would consistantly do. And I know his exact intentions, and I sure as hell am going to report it to the mods. His intent was just because we made a big mistake, he is gonna start a massive war in the vane hopes that somehow people will turn against us, then when it all backfires in his face he'll start playing nice and suddenly after he said he doesn't want our games, after all that, he's suddenly gonna spring back up on dmnb. So tyler, this is my last question to you. Why, when you've already made it quite clear to us you don't want our games, why are you suddenly asking for an offline version of dmnb. Its not happening. I've tried it. It isn't fun. You won't run around making millions of credits. You'll run around half board out of your thik skull because their will be no one else to play with. Why dmnb, when we have at least 2 other games for you to pick from, project alpha and snow race? And how, do you expect to even get back on after doing exactly what you accused us of doing by calling us punks? I have no dout in my mined now that you are still the same person I blocked on skype, and if so, please leave this topic alone, so I can actually continue, away from this flamewar your trying to turn this thing into, and turn it back to dmnb. To the rest of everyone else. We are not crool like tyler makes us out to be. When we get over stressed, and you don't stop after we've asked you a billion times to knock it off. We get the server has bugs. But posting them 1000000 times over on the chat channel will not result in me going into the code to flick afew borg switches and correct said bug, and that's just life. Now, flamewar over. End of discussion, from now on, don't post back to tyler, and lets continue on with the normal discussion, thanks.

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 08:34:47

ok ok  danny. congratulations for your suggestions.
You can do it!
keep up the good work. i can't play but i'm reading this topic.

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 10:24:12

hi hi. who have this problem. when I connect to the surver, it crash the game not responding what I hear is music. and not try to connect. maybe my quota or whatever

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 11:38:09

Mike, what is your ship name.

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 14:44:03

no. my problem is not on my ship. my problem is when I try to connect it's stuck. deathmatch not responding.

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 14:45:07

hangon. let me try turn on my 3g on iphone let's see wether it works or not

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 14:54:38

ok danny. you're right. I think i'm stuck. try move me to mikecracker please

Thumbs up

2015-03-17 15:36:34 (edited by sid512 2015-03-17 15:37:49)

hi,
sounds like a really great game to play.    can't connect here though, downloaded the game from the db link and it is not able to connect to any server.
help appreciated in advance.
thanks

edit:  glad to be the 600th poster. big_smile

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up