2015-02-19 19:12:26

5 extra seconds of bomb time does wonders... Now I can at least disarm most of the 8 number ones.
The game really does get way too easy once you spent a few coins in the store...
Maybe if you were to add new obstacles, make them only appear after you spent a certain amount of coins in the store? That way it would still be quite comfortable just starting out, but the more powerups you get the tougher the game becomes. Although being able to get so many coins in such a short amount of time once your lucky cross chance is way up there would probably still make the game really easy.
The traffic jam idea does sound pretty fun for example. Sadly I currently don't have the creativity to come up with more interesting stuff. I'll try again later!

2015-02-20 12:28:18

Like a few others here, I've essentially broken the game. I have over ten thousand health, so I'm just not going to die. I could conceivably play for hours, or days, and get millions upon millions of points, and I'd only get hurt very sparingly. Given the number of health bonuses vs. the number of times I get hit, it would take me an extremely long time to die. I've also got an extra 180 seconds on bombs, just because I can, have over 100% on lucky cross chance, and have walking speed maxed. Makes a huge difference.

A few suggestions:

1. Every x levels (say 20 or 30) make more cars appear. Make them come from both directions too, so that sometimes there's overlap.
2. As suggested, maybe speed cars up every so often. Some are already pretty insantly quick, but some lumber soo slowly that I can cross in front of them twice, even after level 100.
3. Add more coin items, and max the percentage of the ones already here. For instance, max 30 seconds of boomb time, max 1000 health, max 50% lucky cross. Afterword, perhaps consider adding:
a) Bonus Spree (10000 coins), when bought will increase your chance for a bonus item by a small percent (max 25% increase)
b) Traffic Jam (25000 coins, one-time purchase), has a small chance to occur, and will cause all cars to stop on the screen for a few seconds
c) Garage Mode (100000 coins, one-time offer); would allow you to hear cars, including car death sounds, from some part of the "learn game sounds" menu once activated. A lot of games do a purchasable sound-test option of sorts.
D) Increased Metabolism (5000 coins per, can be bought up to 30 times); makes health-boost bonuses give you 1-5 more health when obtained (obviously this stacks, and when maxed means you will heal a hell of a lot better

Just a few ideas.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-02-20 12:56:01

Hmm
Interesting ideas. I do not understand how some people can play up to level 100 tongue

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-02-20 15:56:10

Because they're bored and because the game isn't hard enough to stop them. And because the idea of getting #1 appeals to them. I was at level 123 or something with over 6000 health, and I just hit the escape key because there was no way in hell I wanted to play another seven and a half hours or so in order for all my health to be gone. Haha.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-02-20 17:24:46

only 123? I just hit around level 165 and I only got to position 36 on the boards LOL. It didn't even take me that much time, I'd say less than an hour.

2015-02-21 14:42:58 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2015-02-21 14:44:16)

Hi folks
I really liked the game, and I have 3 questions:
1- Is there any way I can check how many road coins I have?
2- Does the thief steal all the road coins or most of them or a bit of them?
3- What lucky cross means?
I hope you answer my questions, and thanks to you, and to Oriol for the great game.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-02-21 15:47:43

You can press m to hear your road coins, this also works inside the game.
The thief steals only a small amount of coins, it's nothing to worry about really. In fact it would be nice if it could steal a percentage of your road coins but you would be given the ability to prevent the theft somehow. That way the thief would become a real nuisance if you don't act fast enough.
Lucky cross is explained pretty well in the readme, basically whenever you successfully cross the road there's a chance you'll get lots of points and road coins which goes up the higher your level is.

2015-02-21 17:20:49

Ah, thanks alot arjan for the informations, that's fine, I can check my road coins in the game and in the shop and this is good. Thanks.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-03-09 00:52:55

Hi,

the game is really fun, but I have to aggree it becomes way too easy if you spent some coins on upgrades.

In my last game I played to level 140 and basically broke the game, too. The game told me I got 1 points, but I got number 17 or something on the scoreboard. And it says I only have 5 roadcoins, but I can keep buying and buying stuff in the shop forever, so that the game now is kind of infinite for me, since I'm way too upgraded to ever die. big_smile

2015-03-09 15:23:13

@Tikki the reason for that is because the game doesn't have a million sound. You probably had somewhere around 5 million roadcoins when that happened.

2015-03-11 16:52:22

Hi,
If this game still is beeing updated, I would have a idea.
Like in beatstar, it would be nice if you could create your custom cars and upload them to a server.
That would abe a very fun idea I think.
Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-03-11 16:59:20

eh it's not a bad idea actually..

2015-03-11 23:58:47

That would be a pretty cool idea, actually. I hope it gets implemented.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-03-12 00:34:56

wooo new cars? very great.

2015-03-12 08:10:41

Yeah I like that idea as well.

2016-03-24 06:17:31

I had to dig way back to find this topic, but I found an interesting bug today while playing. It had been ages since I picked up the game, and I was determined to post a score that was at least in the top 5 on the server. So I was doing well until I got to level 255. I had just defused a bomb, and that made my score go up enough that I levelled up. Well, when that happened, it said that I was at level 0. I then couldn't move at all. Every time I did, I got hit by cars until I died, and the musical notes that indicate movement didn't play at all. So I posted my score, and it actually says on the server that I was at level 0, lol.

I just thought I'd share this interesting experience. I don't know if it was the bomb timer that freaked out or if you simply can't go past level 255 in this game. Oh, and the million bug that was present in Beatstar until recently is in this game as well. You can't hear how many roadcoins you have if you have over a million of them.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-03-24 20:45:10

I also hope it gets implemented. It could have some quite helarious results, like smashing someone's bus while a version of there are 7 days blasts from it's speakers.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-03-25 11:39:37

Oh the level
Yeah I need to fix that. I had set the level as a short variable so you couldnt go above level 255, it was actually done to save memory, I never thought  people would reach those levels. haha
I need to make that game harder...

2016-03-28 19:59:18

hi all. I love d o t r, or r s, what ever you want to call it. There should be a garage mode, where you can view every cars sounds, like when you shoot it, when you get run over by it, and when it is moving. Btw, are you gonna remove that debug feature? I tried to used it...nothing

stw is a game i play sometimes. If you would like to check it out, go to
http://www.samtupy.com