2015-03-07 02:25:43

If only we who aren't admins could make our own ships,

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2015-03-07 02:27:03

@447 Yes, and I'm on every day. Ok, k I've kept my cool about this in the comment file but that's it, every dam has cracks and this one's burst wide the fuck open. Crashmaster, shut the fuck up and stop fucking whining all the time! Jesus fucking christ man, all you do is drone on and whine excuses and excuses and what's this, "let me know when it's safe bullshit"? Why don't you grow a pair, say what you really think instead of having these little whining sessions, I mean damn, enough is enough already. I'm sick and god damned tired of reading your wishy-washy crap in the comments file and now I have to read it here. Just walk away if that's what you want, Danny's had enough too so just walk away, you don't have to justify your actions to anyone but yourself.

Ok, rant over. I really really do try to be a decent person in this community but sometimes I just get pushed and pushed until I just snap. I think RS's main problems right now are the people who are testers and never come on, and all the damn drama, which, by the way, I don't like to start or be involved in but I'm not leaving the game because some people want to act like jackasses. Secondly, I think Danny is too nice at times and allows people back who should not ever come back again and we all know who they are, no need to mention names.

Guys, the game is for people to come and get together and chill and get to know one another. Starting a bunch of shit basically reverses all of that so if you really are working in the game's or the company's best interest, put an end to that.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-03-07 02:27:22

Hi Crashmaster.
Well I think it's safe to come on dmnb now. I was on there yesterday and things seemed pretty cool.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

Thumbs up

2015-03-07 02:28:31

@ethin
First, there was no call for 448; Danny did explicitly say admin forum and it does make sense for him to do so in context.  Secondly, if you actually want to be helpful, 450 is the last thing you should be doing; private wars stay private if you actually want to genuinely help in any way.
personally, this whole thread shows the immaturity of a great many people.  If people want to start pointing fingers at other people and call them out for showing immaturity, that only shows me that you are yourself immature.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2015-03-07 03:26:35

@Camlorn, I did not point fingers at certain people. I said "some of us." Learn the difference, please?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2015-03-07 03:58:17

yes, including at least two names.  I think I do know the difference, thanks.

My Blog

2015-03-07 04:40:57

mm... another flaming session? Good glory. Do I want to chip in with an argument? *tick tick tick... hmm* how's about no.
  Fact is, everyone who's put their 2 sents into this arguments has at least one slip that discredits at least some of their post. So no, I will not, chip in to this discussion. As for bounty missions, they really sound cool. I will try one of them tonight, perhaps. What kind of ship do you need in order to run one, or does it matter?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-03-07 05:19:38

I said two names. Is that a problem, Camlron, cause I don't see it is one. I did not point fingers at them, either. I just said who started it and who ended it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2015-03-07 17:26:43

Well. Yes, actually, it is.  But I see no sense in continuing to argue with you.  Saying who started it and who ended it with a comment about immaturity is pointing fingers at those people.  But whatever, I'm sure you're right and no one else in this thread agrees with me.
I'm really surprised we haven't had moderation here yet.  This is almost 300 posts of immaturity and uncalled-for finger pointing and argument.  Except for Danny who gets points from me for keeping his head.  I'd have nuked the thread from orbit long ago, personally.  I'd probably have also nuked the project or taken it offline for major security and logging upgrades by now.
I've tried to not say anything, and I can't believe I lasted this long.

My Blog

2015-03-07 18:37:25

Ok. No need for a flame war?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2015-03-07 22:30:17

I have no intent to start one.

My Github

Thumbs up

2015-03-08 01:02:54

Moderation!
I think the intent to start or not start a flame war has been well past now. I don't know exactly who has started this, but I will say this: eveyrone needs to try to keep a cool head. I will be watching this topic much closer from now on, and if this continues I will not just close this topic, I will delete it. This has to be sorted out, and soon. This is divolving into name calling and finger pointing, which is against the forum guidelines.

Thumbs up

2015-03-08 01:07:40

It's literally to the point where you can't even ask a question and get an answer because people are too busy fighting. *yawn
  Guess it's a good thing I talk to the game's creator regularly...

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-03-08 20:54:17

Yesterday, there was a certain player who got on DMNB and kept connecting himself without disconnecting. Now the server is down. I thought I had been banned, so I tried multiple different IP addresses. No connection. The server is down.

Thumbs up

2015-03-08 21:10:28

Hello,
I've noticed the server going down lately too, but maybe it's just being maintained.

Thumbs up

2015-03-09 00:00:28

Does anyone know when it will be back up?

Thumbs up

2015-03-09 00:09:47

Oh know! I'm terrified the best game in the world besides swamp is down. Well I guess we'll just have to wait until danny can bring it back up again. I'm sick of these nasty hackers!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

Thumbs up

2015-03-09 00:22:07

I know what happened to the server. It's currently stuck in a runtime / crash loop. Danny is the only person who can bring it back up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-03-09 22:12:44

@camlorn Thanks for the compliments, I do try to stay as com as I can with these sorts of situations. @ethin Wow, dude, and this is why, I kicked you out of reality software. This is why no one want's you back in reality software. I leave for 3 days do to getting a new place and come back to this? Anyways, to answer your question severe storm steve, you can do bounty missions with any ship which has weapons. I'd personally suggest them with a battlecruiser or hire, I intend to try and get through one with a dwarf corvette layter.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up +1

2015-03-09 22:42:11

Look, Danny. I'm sorry about this. I just specified two names and people got pissed at me. What's so wrong with naming people who started or ended something. I'm not namecalling. I'm just saying things. Is that illegal? Is it illegal for me to specify specific names of people?

My Github

Thumbs up

2015-03-09 23:05:47

Ethin, when its a private matter in the comments file, yes! Didn't anyone ever teach you not to go stick things where they don't belong? To the rest of you, I deeply apoligize for this matter, and I intend to try and sort this out off the forum.

Thumbs up +1

2015-03-10 04:12:24

Yay dmnb is back up! I almost wish it wasn't only because I played way too much today lol.

Guitarman.

Thumbs up

2015-03-10 14:57:58

Oo, someone is seriously adictied to the DMNB universe... Oh no!

My Github

Thumbs up

2015-03-10 15:47:33

yeah. except it seems to have gone down again today? was online earlier today, and then it just froze up and died, and i've not been able to connect again.

Thumbs up

2015-03-10 16:49:12

Note to self, never, ever, ever specify the rong directory for entering names, it apparently caused a massive loop which knocked my internet and the server offline. Also, i'm implementing an in game help system accessed with f2, like the help system seen in most muds. You choose a help topic and it reads it.

Thumbs up