2013-01-28 15:24:30

Oh, the irony.
smile
Regardless, youtube hasn't shut allconversions down. It is easy to do it with websites, but I know of at least one thrd-party aplication that can still do it.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-01-28 21:56:56

Same here... some programs are actively being updated to make sure they work. I'm not sure if the devs are updating because of legal things or for more general maintenance, but there are definitely still ways to do it. Even if all conversion was banned, there are still ways to record videos. Anyone can hold a microphone up to a speaker or use a camera to record it...

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2013-01-30 16:56:34 (edited by jaksenmiken 2013-02-02 15:44:03)

Thanks for allowing copyright holders to receive revenue from their videos.It is a big business deal specially for the people like me.

Thanks again. I am new here.

intellectual property law firms

[mikebee

2013-01-30 18:00:39

Exodus... about your story about how piraters actually end up buying things... your quote about it being proven time and time again... is that anactual stat, or just from your own experiences? Because in mine, it's the opposite... lol. People pirate one thing, like it a lot... so they start looking for everything from that company they might like... yet don't buy i. I'm not challenging you, just curious is all.

Discord: clemchowder633

2013-02-01 11:01:15

assault_freak wrote:

To those who wonder what is copyright... essentially everything that isn't made by someone personally is copyrighted. Ifyou make a music video, that song you're using is copyrighted... and game walkthroughs as someone has said is borderline. Songs, episodes of tv shows, etc are all copyrighted of course. Quite frankly, I'm in two minds about this... and will be for a long time. I don't agreewith people who say that copyrightand piracy shouldn't matter or are being used as an excuse. They are legit problems... how do you think people / companies go out of business? From lack of profits... and at least in the case of games and multimedia, it's mostly because of, shocker, piracy. Yet I do a fair bit of it myself, because it's convenient. All I can say is I'm surprised Google didn't do thi sooner.

So you are just a hypocrite or a psychopath. You condemn piracy or copyright infringement, but do it yourself because it it's convenient for your bottomline.

To make an analogy, your argument is like saying that rape is wrong, but I'll do it myself because I enjoy it. Of course, anyone making such an argument is a hypocrite or psychopath, but according to the "logic" of copyright nazis illegal copying is theft, so you should either live according to your own principles or turn yourself into the RIAA.

By the way, I think that everyone caring about their right to privacy and freedom of speech should get a VPN subscription.

m

2013-02-01 11:07:33

Total Recorder is capable of doing almost perfect conversion of the audio from the sound card. What I particular like about the program is its  ability to isolate and record an audio stream from a specific program.

For example, if I want to record flash played in Internet Explorer, I record all audio from iexplore.exe.

Total Recorder can also remove pops and clicks in an recorded transmission.

It's commercial software but worth paying for.

m

2013-02-01 14:52:58 (edited by Hayden 2013-02-01 14:58:13)

Hi,
Just a suggestion, I'd avoid triple-posting like that.
As an aside, thanks for mentioning total recorder; I've been looking for something that could extract audio from particular programs for some time now.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-02-01 15:35:37 (edited by Exodus 2013-02-02 02:25:34)

I wouldn't out and out post something like that if I didn't  have the stats to back it up. There have been masses of research projects done over the years that all come to the same conclusion, Pirates do actually go out and buy stuff. When I am not running about like a headless chicken I wil furnish this post with links for further reading.
Here's the links as promassed
First up a survey from the Dutch Institution for Information Law and CentERdata
Then there is this
This one was done by OFCOM
Let's go back in time with this one
The list goes on and on and yet all this research get's ignored down to pure greed.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2013-02-01 18:55:59 (edited by musicalman 2013-02-01 18:56:43)

Lol Exodus! Just like it's reasonable to say that people who do 99 percent of their stuff legally, may go out and do that 1 percent illegal thing. Not everyone will, but there are a few that will. Calling someone a hypocrit or psychopath or whatever because of that isn't going to do anyone any good.
The rape vs. piracy  analogy is not very adequate. Software piracy and rape are not the same things, just like convenience and joy are not the same things. People pirate for convenience, because we all like conveniente things. Many of us have lines of what we will and will not do for convenience. It can be uncomfortable to do copyright infringement and for some people that is enough to stop them, and for others it isn't. But rape is not convenient because it is uncomfortable physically, which is a far louder cry and takes a lot more work to get through. That is why many of us don't do it, and that is why they shouldn't be compared.

2013-02-02 02:27:36

I updated post 59. Just in case anyone missed it tongue

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2013-02-02 18:05:25

Thanks for those links... it was interesting to read. And Jailman, while I don't appreciatebeing called either of those things... I do see your point. However, there are lines where I won't cross when it comes to pirating. I will only pirate for convenience sake, or if I seriously can't afford something. If I can afford t go buy an album, I will buy it. And as I said in my previous post, I neither condemn nor support it. I am fully aware of the fact that I do it so have no right to speak out against it... and I don't do so. I don't agree with people who call it an excuse for companies to oversecure their products. I do think it can be an issue, and I think there are certain circumstances where piracy shouldn't happen, as with the case of music. But for something like a screen reader that could potentially cost at least 900 dollars? Different scenario... especially for the blind people who generally pay rent with the same 900 dollars they could spend on Window-eyes. So no, I don't condemn it or support it, and I would appreciate you being more careful about calling someone a hipocrit... or a psychopath.

Discord: clemchowder633

2013-02-02 21:31:47

Totally agreed Asault. I know it's not cool and all but I do it for those reasons. Lately I've been staying away from paid stuff entirely when it comes to the PC because there is a load of free stuff to sort through, some of it being very good. And that is why, if I ever sell some of my stuff, I will try to satisfy people who would want to pirate it. Like if I was a music producer, which I am hoping to be at some point, I would have some free stuff on my site. I know from experience that if I see something free I like, I will feel a stronger need to support the developer, whether it's through donation, or simply not pirating their stuff no matter what.

2013-02-04 04:07:45

raygrote wrote:

The rape vs. piracy  analogy is not very adequate. Software piracy and rape are not the same things, just like convenience and joy are not the same things.
People pirate for convenience, because we all like conveniente things. Many of us have lines of what we will and will not do for convenience. It can be
uncomfortable to do copyright infringement and for some people that is enough to stop them, and for others it isn't. But rape is not convenient because
it is uncomfortable physically, which is a far louder cry and takes a lot more work to get through. That is why many of us don't do it, and that is why
they shouldn't be compared.

No, my point was not that copyright infringement is equivalent with rape, but rather to point out the inconsistency in the attitude of some hypocritical copyright infringers.

If you honestly believe that copyright infringement is morally equivalent with theft, but you do it anyway, you are at least according to your own ethic a thief and possibly a psychopath.

The fallback argument that you do it anyway because you can get away with it is no more ethical than saying that you go out and commit rape or any other crime because you can get away with it. It's the attitude of a psychopath or morally depraved mind.

Note that I do not argue in one word that copyright infringement is wrong. I personally believe that
copyright is a violation of my human right to communicate freely.

But those attempting to justify their own behavior ought at least to act consistently with their own purported ethic.

m

2013-04-29 12:11:13

I dont know what you guys are making such a big fuss about... there are still dozens of youtube to mp3 converters and as soon as one
gets closed there will be a new one, like im currently using http://youtubemp3x.com/ which i think is quite new. so yea even if google will shut down all sites there will always be ways to convert youtube to mp3 no matter what ^^
regards
ashley

2013-04-29 14:25:59

Hi Cofree,
Welcome to the forum! Myself I've also found other ways of converting to mp3 sao I'm all set for now.

2015-02-25 23:04:46

Hi, thing about this topic I am very curious is legal thing about that. Do you think is it really legal to convert videos from youtube to mp3? Anyway, I use this online converter ... I hope they will never ban these sites..

2015-02-26 14:41:26

this post is old, but I'd recommend using YTD video downloader, it is inaccessible at some points, but you will become accustomed to it easily. If anybody over there is interested, further help will be given.

2015-02-26 14:44:11

Another suggestion is using an application and not an online site. The reason is clear; more speed, more options and more comfort.

2015-02-26 17:14:42

hello all we all have an all new site
which can convert from all video sites  check it out!

http://convert2mp3.net/en/
and don't forget to spread about it in case all goes

my d b invitation
to all   
hi make a new account   by going to this link and get 500 MB extra   go grab it
https://db.tt/eiWBLCJn

2015-02-26 22:28:26

Hello all, you can also use pontes media downloader. go to, pontes.ro to download it.

2015-02-28 13:03:44

Unfortunately, I was using a really awesome program called YTD Video Downloader, and it was work with me fine, but now, any video url I paste in this program, unfortunately this following message apears: Videos cannot be recorded from this site.
Please check a list of streaming sites here: http://www.ytddownloader.com/video_sites.html.
Now converting youtube videos to mp3 will be more difficult, what unfortunate thing.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-02-28 14:50:26

Hi, guys.
Why don't you use Pontes Media Downloader?

2015-03-01 09:27:36

Hello Muhammad,

I'm using YTD video downloader as well. I had a problem which was fixed by just updating it, or uninstalling the actual version, download the latest one and install it. The problem will be fixed. I don't know when was the last update of your software, but if it's old, then it's supposed not to work if it's old. for example I hadn't updated YTD since June on my laptop, and I couldn't download videos anymore. So I updated it and now everything works fine.

2015-03-02 19:29:40

Hi.
You could use youtube-dl. It's small, fast, awesome, free, and a command line program. What I personally\ do is this; download the playlists using youtube-dl, then convert the videos into mp3 files using free audio converter from dvdsoft.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-07-30 14:19:04

There are many YouTube mp3 converter now. One can find some browser add-ons, online downloading sites, video downloaders/ converters over there. Right now, I prefer to download via: http://convert2mp3.net/en/   and this one when I need more formats and higher resolution: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/ti … ative.html
Just want to share with you.