2015-02-23 04:19:38 (edited by Lucas1 2015-03-16 23:27:14)

Hi all,
So after about 2 months of developing this media player off and on, I decided to release it because I think I've fixed most of the bugs and such. You can download it from: http://lucasspace.x10.mx/downloads/mediaplayer.zip This is primarily a first alpha. I will write up a more detailed post sometime in the next fiew days when I release the first beta, 1.10 which may have some bugfixes and possibley even an updater. This mediaplayer is coded in bgt so the only file types you can play are wav and ogg, but nevertheless it can still be fun to play around with. Again, I will be writing a more detailed post about this later when the first public beta is released. I hope you enjoy the mediaplayer!
The first public beta, version 1.10, has been released! Download it from the above link.

2015-02-23 04:58:41

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with games?
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like this would be suited for off topic room but that's just me.
It's up to the moderators.

2015-02-23 06:36:03

Moderation!

Audiogamer is correct, a media player is not a game, and the new releases part of the forum is for game related things only, so this topic is being moved to the offtopic room.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-03-02 18:50:33

Hi all,
The update is coming soon, maybe tonight or tomorrow. There are exciting new features though such as the ability to run the mediaplayer from the command line with the name of the file as an argument and it will open the file for you. There is also the ability to stream files instead of just loading them. There is also an updater, and the game will be hosted on my website instead of dropbox.

2015-03-16 19:33:03

Hi all,
The new update is here! This update also includes an updater so if I ever release any updates you can get them when you launch the program! Download the new version from: http://lucasspace.x10.mx/downloads/mediaplayer.zip