2015-02-28 04:27:49 (edited by blindncool 2015-02-28 04:28:47)

In all of my vm's (except my Win XP vm), there is no sound. I checked the settings for all of them and the sound card is enabled. I tried using a custom VM (supplied by Gelman), and I still do not have sound. Not to mension that the sound on my XP vm is scratchy and distorted. Does anyone know what is behind this?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-03-01 07:17:15

Try to run the talking WinPE  in the custom VMWare machine supplied by me.

But I suppose you have already tried this and it doesn't work ;-)

Now uninstall all VMWare products, and do a thorough housecleaning.

Errors in VMWare products can be really annoying and hard to debug.

If you think sound is bad, you haven't experienced unsolvable network issues with VMWare Player/Workstation.

But one thing before going nuclear maybe, check in the VMWare Player's preferences that your default sound card is set to your default device.

m

2015-03-01 22:43:19

ok, I was going to make a separate topic for my issue with my xp virtual machine, but figured i'd ask on this topic since it's already been created. In my win xp virtual machine, whenever I load it into the memory, the sound sounds extremely crackly, distorted, and staticky. The machine itself doesn't seem to lag badly, just the sound. oOdly enough it seems to not do that if I'm in Skype when running the vm.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2015-03-01 22:57:57

I have the same problem. I even tried updating my video card drivers. Nothing works!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-03-07 00:03:43

Oh joy! I've fixed the problem with the win xp vm. Install Super Liam and start it up. Either start a game and pause it or turn off background music (to avoid getting anoyed by the main menu theme). Voila! You've got normal sound in a win xp vm!