2015-02-24 16:58:38

Hi,

I'm trying to get a replacement registration key for Judgement Day, and Liam never responds to my messages. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried emailing him at all the LWorks  addresses, and he never replies. This is my second time trying. I tried about six months ago, and he never replaced my key, still to this day I haven't heard from him. I'm not sure what's going on, because I'm friends with him on Facebook too, and he doesn't answer me on there either. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. It's not fair though, I just need one key, it's not like I'm asking him to do a whole lot of work. Has anyone else tried to get replacement keys and not heard back from him?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-02-24 20:04:57

He is currently working on making Judgment Day freeware, which will negate the need for replacement keys. Super Liam is already freeware. He announced several months ago that he was discontinuing sales of these games.

2015-02-25 00:13:33

I know that, but he also said that requests for product registration keys would still be accepted. Since Judgement Day is not freeware yet, I'm asking for a new registration key. I have the free version of Super Liam.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-02-25 10:16:03

Yes, this is sadly quite known that people are having issues on getting in touch with Liam.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-02-26 04:38:49

Yes, this has been a known issue for years now.
A similar thing happened to my friend. This was before Super Liam became freeware. He needed replacement keys for both Super Liam and Judgment Day. After many months, which is unacceptable, he finally got his keys.
Then he went on vacation, and while he was away, his laptop was stolen, along with a bunch of his family's other possessions. So he needs a new key for Judgment Day again. This whole fiasco happened last summer, and he's still waiting.
Whether Judgment Day is released as freeware or not, this is disgraceful. I understand that life commitments have gotten in the way, and that Liam probably isn't going to develop any new games. But really, how long does it take to generate a replacement key?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-02-26 09:25:06

Just cause Liams computer takes months to generate a new key. Lol. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-02-26 17:42:20

Hi,
Yes, this is stupid. In fact I actually baught judgement day and didn't get my key for like a month or so. Then I just requested the money back from paypal. Honestly, liam should just have an automatic generater or something like paladin does where it just generates a key right when you buy it, at least that's what I remember paladin doing.

2015-02-26 19:02:47

Well, that answers the question of whether or not I'll be buying super egg hunt plus.
big_smile

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-02-26 20:06:38

Hello, I believe super egghunt plus actually does have an automatic key generater, but I'm not sure of that.

2015-02-26 23:01:52

yeah, i'm pretty sure that super egg hunt plus has an automatic key generator. My friend bought it for me as a gift and I got the key right away.
I agree with everyone else that liam should just have an auto key generator like he does with super egg hunt plus. I'm kind of glad now that I didn't by sl or judgment day. I was considering it for a while, but I was afraid to because of all the problems I heard of from people when they got keys, it would take up to weeks or even months to get one.
I also hope that liam has not stopped trying to make judgment day freeware and that he has not just said to heck with it and dropped the whole project. He does sadly have a reputation for that.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2015-02-27 15:17:21

Yes, super egg hunt plus does have automatic key generator, after you buy the game, you will get the key emediatly.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-02-28 03:58:06

I can confirm this. Super Egg Hunt Plus does have an automatic key generator. This is because the key is based on your name, and not on some arbitrary computer ID. For this reason, once you have a key, you have it for life, or at least for as long as the game will run on current hardware.

2015-02-28 09:27:51

i dont think liam is making judgement day for free

2015-02-28 09:31:22

here is what is on his website Since the announcement that I will no longer be selling Super Liam or Judgment day, I have received a lot of email asking what exactly is going on. My answers to some common questions are below.

1. What's the deal here?

Super Liam and Judgment Day were written 10 and 8 years ago respectively. The technology that they run on is both outdated and difficult to program for. Both games were written with visual basic 6 which is now considered Legacy software. Being able to both support and make updates to these games is difficult at best.

2. Why don't you just set them free?

One of my major decisions in not making these games abandonware is there are customers who have spent their hard earned money in purchasing these games, and I feel making the game freeware is a huge slap in the face to them. I don't want to punish people for helping to support game development.

3. Now that the games are no longer being sold will you give me a free key?

No. Please see answer two above.

4. What will happen to these games?

As I know there are people who still want to purchase and play them I have a couple of options. My first option is to try and sell them again. This opens a few challenges as the system that is being used for computer ID's is a pain. Having to make a customer re-register every time he or she changes computers is ridiculous. I also work a full-time job so creating keys when machines change can be time-consuming. My second option is to release them as freeware. Answer two explains why I really don't want to do this.

I realize that this is frustrating for many people, so I would love to hear from you. Do you feel that if you're a previous customer it is fair that future generations be able to play for free? Send an email along letting me know why or why not. I'd love to hear from you.

2015-02-28 15:15:47 (edited by Socheat 2015-02-28 15:16:50)

this is the old news... actually, I believe he is working on jd to make it free.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-02-28 15:59:07

He is, and you can read his LWorks twitter, he said he's working on making JD free as he did for SL. I'm seeing people asking the same question over and over while the answer is pretty clear I think

2015-02-28 16:38:35

Here is directly from Liam's twitter feed:
Feb 11 2015
Will be doing some website maintenance this week. Hope to also have Judgment day converted over this weekend. No promises though.
https://twitter.com/lworksgames

2015-02-28 22:28:55

I can see how this confusion came about. The post that's still on his news page was his original take on the matter. Then, after apparently several people, myself included, Emailed him and encouraged him to make the games freeware, he reversed course, but hasn't posted that to the news page.

2015-03-01 03:43:57

I've been searching for lWorks twitter account. and finally, I got it! thanks Phil!

Follow me on Mastodon.