2011-06-25 23:36:55

Hi everyone,
When I downloaded colour watcher or what ever it's called from aprone's websight I clicked run on the colour watcher item and it gave me a runtime error. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening.
Help would be apreciated.
Best regards,
Lauren

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-26 00:15:16

Lauren, what did the error say?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-06-26 10:54:17

Hi aprone,
The error says:
run-time error 53: file not found.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-26 18:21:38

Are you trying to run the program from within the zip file?  I would imagine that is the problem, but if not, please let me know and I'll try to help.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-26 20:49:08

yeah where else am I surposed to run it from there isn't a set up file is there?

2011-06-26 21:21:01

extract the files into a folder first, then you can run it and it should work fine.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-06-26 21:27:27

thanks for your help

2011-06-26 22:07:51

You're very welcome.  Let me know if you have any other problems, or questions.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2012-12-20 15:09:57

Hello, I downloaded the color watcher, and am having some issues. It loads fine. When I hit the space bar to read a color, it brings up a box, asking which camera I want to use. I click on hte intigrated one in my computer already, then click apply, then click ok. It says the camera is having problems, and I can't do anything else after that. Does anybody know how I could get this to work?

Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are hummbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours.

2012-12-22 01:32:16

I had this also, but I think it might have to do something with the camera working with a bunch of hp programs, and the fact that there are many different cameras.

2015-02-28 04:17:44

I don't know if anyone else has messed with this in a while, or if anyone's had luck getting the program to work. I'd like to try it out. Here's my problem.

Unzipped it. Ran the colorwatcher.exe. Get a blank dialogue screen. hit space. "Camera not responding, please try again." I ran it as admin with the same results. If I try to do any compadibility troubleshooting, I get runtime error 53, file not found. I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell with "Laptop intigrated camera" and JAWS 14.

I'll mess with it, try out NVDA, see if I can fix it.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....