2015-02-14 20:05:31

Alter Aeon is a well established MUD with a long history.  It is set in a world of magic and dragons, with regular updates and system-wide events.  The game is blind friendly for the visually impaired.

Updates -  Febuary 2015

Here's a list of changes since our December posting:

New and updated areas:

- The Bonechewer Gnoll camp, a total level 130 group area in the wastelands west of Elborat, built by Valront and Corallon.

- The Ash Desert Astral Codex, a total level 130 area near the northern edge of the Ash Desert.  Area built by Draak.

- The city of Dorna, a level 35 area west of Elborat.  This area was built by Tanthas.

- The Fire Swamps, a total level 115 group area on the Trollway near Dikeman's Atoll.  Area built by Kagome.

There have also been a lot of updates and improvements to the island of Archais, including new microareas, questlines, and better organization to make it easier to find things.

Server code updates:

- Lots of druid updates:  8 new spells and skills, including a new tincture, new called animals, new carving options, and two very high level starcatcher spells.  Druids also saw a lot of quality of life fixes such as minion updates, brewing improvements, and new 'gather' command options.

- Clerics got improved holy weapons, a new 'revocation' curse, and a cursebreaking ability to uncurse items.

- Necromancers now have some very powerful disenchanting skills, allowing them to remove effects from items. They also received the ability to shatter soulstones.

- New warrior skills included a low level knockback effect, a high level 'reinforce armor' skill, and a 'shield block' skill to work in tandem with the parry defensive skill.

Not including the above, there were minor updates to skills in all the classes, along with improvements to bottling, the check commands, lock picking, and more.  For the full server changelog, please see:

http://alteraeon.com:8080/changelog/1931-1975

Lastly, there's a new Mush-Z release which adds new sounds.

We hope to see you there!

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com

2015-02-15 00:24:21

Yay I'm so excited I love new alter aeon stuff. Thank you dentin!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-02-15 01:27:04

Hello! I love all the constant changes and updates to AA, and it's the first mud I ever found back ten years ago, and I always eventually have come back to it; however, the major cleric stat changes leve me kind of high and dry. I don't have the time to devote to training charisma up, and having several characters who I enjoy playing around total 105, losing the ability to heal is something I'm not sure I would enjoy. I know you can switch stats for gold, but most of them are primary spellcasters, and they have just enough of other stats to make them not completely suck, or limit equipment choices. Since there weren't many tangible benefits to raising charisma, I, like many others, have neglected it for the more combat oriented stats, and I'm really not willing to swap.

In short, I love AA, but the effort involved to update my characters at the moment isn't worth the amount of time I would need to put into them.

thanks,
Michael

2015-02-15 18:14:24

Something that a few people have done is swap charisma with one of their combat stats, such as constitution, instead of cratering their intelligence.  Remember that we're also still in the transition period - you can boost chr really high with equipment right now, and simply changing out a few pieces of equipment could get you back in the game without too much hassle.

Do you have suggestions that might help make it easier for characters like yours?

2015-02-16 21:27:09

I guess, the only suggestion I can come up with, which I'm sure has been tossed around, is maybe instead of completely swapping, to split the difference.

For example, I think one of my character's con is maxed, and charisma is at 13. If I say wanted to not drop con below 18, then charisma is as high as it could go with the amount of pracs left over. I'm not sure that's feasible, but that's the best I can come up with at the moment.

thanks,
Michael

2015-02-17 11:26:09

Well I was thinking of a sum-up-and-swap thing, where:
Say my con is 26 (max), and my chr is 14. If I swap normally I'll get: 14 con and 26 chr. (of course though, I wonder who would swap con for that... since HP is important). Anyway, the sum up and swap thing that I'm thinking is like this: add up both stats, then divide it by 2, E.G:
con+chr=26+14=40
40/2=20, so each stat would be 20. I don't know whether this is possible to be implemented though...

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2015-02-17 13:28:33

The problem I see is that you might be able to cheat the system because middling stats cost fewer pracs to raise than stats that are overly high or low. SO you might be able to not have to spend as many pracs by splitting the difference between stats like that.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-02-18 14:48:59

Dentin do you have any plans to do some new attack spells for mage? I have tried to kill the keeper of the shrine in gith territory, but I can't kill him. It would be great, if you do some improvements for single players. some new minions, or something good. to play alone. big_smile. thanks for reply.

2015-02-18 15:35:31

I've got to mention a bug for Mush-Z and it would be awesome if it were looked at:
When you log into AA and find yourself on the dragon tooth waypoint, no ambience will play. You have to go to another waypoint like Gad's landing and back to dragon tooth to make it work again. Yesterday I didn't even get an ambience sound when doing that, pressing F10 until I reached ambience only let me know that there was no ambience sound found, neither on Gad's landing, nor on dragon tooth. I haven't tried any other waypoint, since those two already have different ambience sounds and those sounds are the ones most frequently used. Logging out and back in fixed the issue.

Errare humanum est!

2015-02-20 19:30:20

gd, you'll have to talk to the mush developers, probably athlon, slej, or xvordan, about getting the login ambience cleaned up.  I won't have time to look at it for a while, and I'm not that great with mush stuff anyway.