2015-01-04 00:52:27 (edited by brad 2015-01-04 00:54:05)

Hi bogdan.

I'd recommend the youtube.dl program. It's a command line program which means, you'll have to run it from the command line. It doesn't crash and is sort of fast, it can take time to download all videos depending on how many videos you have. There is also winff which was mentioned in the Youtube.dl topic. The buttons aren't labeled but once you get used to it, there should be no problem.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-02-10 18:17:09

Well I just remembered about this and tried it, it's awsome! a great way of getting some of the things I've wanted from youtube, and it'll be very helpful when I'm next having to learn a song and use youtube for a performance.

Is there any chance searching youtube directly could be added in the future? That might be helpful when looking for things, obviously there are other programs such as net browsers, but it'd be nice to have in one package, plus Pontes media downloader could likely do a better job with displaying search results than youtube sometimes does.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-02-11 06:28:34

I only wish it would let me download more than one file at a time, instead of finishing one and starting the next.

2015-02-11 10:36:55

I never minded that myself personally, sinse the one time I did download an entire playlist I could just leave the thing running, and luckily my connection is rather fast so the downloads were complete in seconds.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-02-11 10:47:32

For some reason my program keeps freezing when I try to download a long list of videos, such as channels or huge playlists. It's rather annoying... Looks like Free YouTube to MP3 Converter has the same problem, so might just be something with my machine, not sure.
It's a great program though, I especially love  the support for multiple sites.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2015-02-11 13:03:51

I haven't tried with an entire channel, and the longest playlist I tried was 15 items, indeed it was the soundtrack to the 1977 Hobbit from rankin bass which has some surprisingly nice songs (including the awsomeness of down down to goblin town!).

Eddit: ooooh, I thought they'd have it, Donald Swan's song cycle the road goes ever on, a set of songs based on tolkien's poetry, wow, I've been looking for a digital copy of that for years!

2015-02-11 18:50:46

Hi.

I'd recommend youtube-dl for downloading a lot of videos. then converting them using free audio converter. It's a command line program and is very fast.

2015-02-11 23:48:54

To be honest brad,it sounds like from reading the docs Pontes downloader just uses both of those programs, just together and with a good interface, and is also very fast, so I'll stick with it for now sinse it's doing more than what I want, indeed I'm introducing my mum to the program who is no where near computer literate, but won't have a problem with basic edit areas and list boxes, and is a big fan of listening to music on youtube.

2015-02-11 23:58:47 (edited by brad 2015-02-11 23:59:35)

Hi.
@dark. Yeah this won't help you or your mum.

It was for AlixN94 who said he was having trouble with downloading a lot of files at once.

I hope you and your mum enjoy downloading and listening to awesome music.

2015-02-13 00:54:39

I'd like the ability to search for items on youtube with this downloader as well.

2015-05-16 04:43:50

Hi the program keeps on crashing when I try to download a playlist for example when I try to download an album from youtube.  I'm using windows8.1 with Jaws 14 on a 64 bit machine.  Thanks for any help.

2015-05-17 14:06:55

HI.

I'd highly recommend trying out youtube-dl. sometimes you get problems but if you do, just re download the URl, if the program is in the same folder as the url, the program will remember what URLS have been downloaded. It's a great little command line program and is very fast.

2015-08-04 00:34:37

I use youtube-dl now that dvd video soft software has been garbage (and has been for the last 2 years for me).
After they attempted to get you to instal malware to download their product, to failing to download a youtube channel and or stopping in the middle, to failing to convert files to mp3 with free video to mp3 converter and other programs did it just fine, I'm done with that company.  This after buying 2 premium licenses to, apparently, get youtube videos to download faster when I first started using it.
What I end up doing now is using youtube-dl to download my youtube channel in mp4 and get foobar2000 to convert it to mp3 so it uses all my cores.  I'll probably end up trying this guy out here to see what it does, but I have my commands for youtube-dl right here ready to rock.
I also use format factory to convert video that isn't mp4 to mp3.  Why companies can't make their converters use more than 2 or 4 cores is beyond me, especially nowadays, but what do I know?
Anyway, looking forward to trying this program out and seeing what it can do.

thanks

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2015-08-06 08:30:22

Hi.

I've heard about foober2000 and played with it a bit but, what's the difference between converting using free audio convert from dvd soft and foober 2000? Is there actually a difference? I mean is it faster or something?
Also, what do you mean by cores? I know that being an NVDa user I can download an addon to check ram and other things, which I have, do you mean the CPU load? I don't fully understand what that means, but is that what you're talking about? When it says core one 20, core two 10 and so on?

2015-08-07 19:10:37

Hi everyone.
I haven't tried this... But I can honestly say that Youtube-dl (YDL) is way better...
Or... If you're lazy like me, try it's new NVDA Add on.
I've also made modifications to that add on, and you can find them here on my git hub branches page for that repository
Pull requests to my repo are welcome, I've kind of split off development of this guy's add on into my repo, though I still pull in his changes.

Regards,
Blademan
Twitter: @bladehunter2213

2015-08-07 19:15:14

Also... You guys do know that Youtube-DL supports video to audio conversions... You don't really need to outsource that to another program... Just download the FFMPEG binaries and put them in you're path (system32 or syswo64), and pass the -x --audio-format "mp3" args to YDl, then -k if you'd like to keep the video files as well.

Regards,
Blademan
Twitter: @bladehunter2213

2015-08-08 03:32:31

That's an awesome add-on. I will definetly download it.

2018-05-04 18:43:05

Hello to all. I had to reinstall windows 10 and can no longer get this program to run. I keep getting the program can not be executed  because of the msvcr100.dll error. I even installed the microsoft visual studio 2010 and dot net 3.5 framework and nothing. I can't remember what I did to make it work. I had this problem last year when I first got this computer and managed to fix it but I have no idea what I did. LOL Thanks for the help.

2018-07-16 20:21:12

Hi!
I have a question.
Have You also problem with Downloading multiple clips at once, like me?
It doesn't work.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.