2015-02-06 16:44:24

Hi.

I'm surprised no one has asked about this before.

Would it be possible to come up with an addon for NVDA, that would tell you how much upload and download speed you have when using bit sync?

This could be really handy, for those of us who want to quickly check but not go to the system tray and check.
I can't make it myself since I have no patience for programming.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-02-06 18:14:52

All you have to do Brad, is go to a tab in the tab selector within the program, which you can easily open by clicking on it's desktop icon if it's already open, and then use the review cursor up and right, so, NVDA shift up arrow, then NVDA shift right arrow, and if your ever looking at something inside a tab, you can just shift tab back to the tab selector and do it from there again.

2015-02-06 19:09:41

Hi.

Thanks. I understand that and it works quite nice. But I was thinking more along the lines of. If I was reading or listening to a book and could press NVDA plus shift B for example. It could tell me what is being uploaded and other info like that.

Do you see what I'm saying? Kind of like the dropbox addon.

2015-02-06 21:23:16

I do, yeah, that is faster, maybe ask the people that made the DB one?  It's the same process.

2015-02-06 22:43:08

Come on man, pressing Windows b and looking at the system tray is not hard at all.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-02-06 23:03:57

Hi.

No it's not hard. Lol maybe I'm just super lazy. As for windows B. I didn't know that was a shortcut. I press window d then tap twice then arrow. Or you can press windows d tab twice then press B for bit sink.

Thanks for all the answers.

2015-02-07 08:22:18

Goo idea, but why not make a shortcut to create a system tray list? With JAWS, it's JAWS key and F11, so doing NVDA-modifier and F11 should do the same thing, especially since many of the commands found in NVDA derived from JAWS.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2015-02-07 09:00:58

I might consider making an addon for BTSync that would tell you what's being uploaded/downloaded. Would that help?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-02-07 12:30:03

HI

Yes, please. It would help a lot. I'm sure it wouldn't help only me. I know a lot of people would benifit from it.

You might want to not make it yet though, since NVDAs next version is coming out soon and i'm not sure if your addon would be compatible with it, if it was made for this one.
As for the system tray idea. It's already been done.

2015-02-07 15:10:58

the addon for system tray, is already been done. you could download from the NVDA addons site. the addon is called systray list.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-02-09 08:05:41

Here you go. Modified the dropbox one to work with BTS.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227 … nvda-addon

Hope this was what you wanted.

2015-02-09 13:44:43

hi. what's the keys to use the addon?
Thanks for the help, I'm sure  this will be awesome!

2015-02-09 16:16:32

Hi.

Yep this is exactly what I wanted. Thanks. Could  you add to it what file is being uploaded and what file is being downloaded?
Or is that not possible?

Thanks for doing this, this is awesome that we can have these kind of addons. I only wish I could make them myself, but I don't have the patience for it.

2015-02-15 05:59:18 (edited by brad 2015-02-15 06:01:42)

Hi.
I don't understand bitsinks 2 kb's upload and one kb download for example. I've cut the folder from my friends folder and put it into my hardddrive. I'm hoping it will remake that same folder in his folder and download the rest of his stuff to it. But here's my question, how can it still be uploading when all of his uploading is done as far as I know?