2015-01-18 19:19:14

I know people have been passing their finished swamp campaigns around with dropbox, bt sink or thwatever, but that limits their avaialble to only people on the forum who happen to see the given topic and grab the stuff in time.

As swamp has an official site and so on, it'd be nice if there was some central place to stick campaign map files where people could download them, rather like the way you can download Tactical battle and Sound rts maps from the respective developer's websites.

Even if Aprone wasn't able to host such an archive, perhaps someone else could setup the site and Aprone could link to it?

Either way, as Swamp has the capacity to make campaigns it's a shame that so many of them don't get the airing they deserve, ---- the same is true for Adventure at C: extra stages, but that is a different topic.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-19 07:07:04

Hi,
I created a dropbox folder to do just that, have a place that would contain all the swamp campaigns, bunch of code that would be useful to campaign writers, I.E item list,special items etc.
However, what with uni extra classes and stuff, I really haven't had the time to keep it organized, and it has turned into quite a mess.
However, it still has some good campaigns like the pyramid, Fyquest (one of the campaigns I really like, I would go so far as to say the best out of them all.) and quite a few more that I can't remember right now.
At first I had decided that all campaigns would be compressed with all their files and sounds,and in order to keep the folder small,  campaigns that were quite big would have a file containing a link to them
Now its random campaign text files,with just their sounds zipped and unnecessary sounds which were already included in swamp were included as well for some reason that is not clear to me.
If someone is willing to reorganize it and stuff, I am willing to pass on ownership and admin rights to them, as it stands I hardly do anything with it at all. Not that I wouldn't like to,but alas I don't have the time to
Of course, if you just want to create a webpage for them, host them somewhere, feel free to do so, and if you don't already have access to them write to me to get a invite
E-mail preferred as I don't really check my pm that often
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2015-01-19 07:16:13

I hope to see a central place for downloading completed swamp campaigns too.
thanks dark for creating a topic about it

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-01-19 10:07:33

Hi.
I have to talk to my friend about this, but we might be able to host such a site on our already running website. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-01-19 12:43:27

My problem with dropbox Grryf is as you said people need invites. Suppose joe blogs who has never heard of this forum comes along and wants to play swamp campaigns, where does he get them? Heck, I! sinse I haven't been keeping up with the Swamp topics am not sure who has created what in terms fof campaigns which is why I would like a better organized archive of where to get them similar to the ones for Sound Rts and tactical battle maps.

That's why even if dropbox hosted the files I'd prefer a propper page with download links and no invites or accounts required, or similar that Aprone could put a link to on the swamp section of his audiogames page and that I could put a link to in the Db.

After all what is the point of making a campaign if only your four or five forum buddies who you send it to play it?

@Slj, if you could see about hosting and some sort of centralized archive that would be awsome.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-21 19:52:29

Hi.
I can host such a site on my website. It would be nice if I could get an invite to the Dropbox folder so I can download the campaigns, and it would be great if someone would sort the stuff in the folder.
My mail address is: slj at coolfortheblind.dk

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-01-21 20:23:08

Total noob question: are these campeign files the ones you can freely play offline

2015-01-22 10:36:09

@Hacker, yes. As far as I know, the Swamp campaigns are all offline maps, just like the tutorial map you get with Swamp.

Actually, you highlight another advantage of more of these campaigns being available, giving more expantion to the offline demo version of the game as well.

2015-01-22 23:16:57

would bee nice if you coult add me to that dropbox folder too. My E-Mail is: [email protected]

2015-01-23 07:31:41

Hi
AT SLJ, I do believe that you happen to be a member of the folder, but anyway,invite sent.
Last poster, invite sent to you,too.
At dark, a centralized place to get the campaigns is a good idea I do not disagree with this, however dropbox shared folder which we have acts in a similar manner,but yes one of its limitation Is it needs invites.
And it can get a bit of a pain in the arse to manage when there are ideots who can not read a few lines and understand them. Unfortunatly for the folder, when it was created the right access system wasn't in place,so that one could limit members rights to just read and not edit the files.
The idea with this folder was the same,of course. People could share their campaigns with their fellow players,without those players going on a long hunt for their topics, links or what have you.
Btw, I haven't checked but the folder has around 100 members but its not so active anyway. With swamp having gone paid (a move with which I agree 100% although can't get access due to creditcard) I would have thought the campaigns would be played more,but ey. I haven't really had the time to be around as I said in the post above.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2015-01-23 08:55:28

@Grryf, I do see your point with the dropbox folder, and if you could just bang a link to the folder on Aprone's website and people grab the downloads it'd be fine, but it's all this invite business that causes the problem. After all not everyone who plays swamp is on this forum, or is willing to download a program like dropbox and mess with it.

I wonder if this is partly why you haven't had as many downloads as you might've otherwise, heck, I'd be glad to play some campaigns myself but I can't even remember if I have a dropbox account, let alone want to prat around with all the invite and transfer shenanigans, plus I do worry with dorpbox about how long hosting will be available.

I will say this is an advantage of sendspace, you can have a folder of streight up downloads, though ideally it'd be better if the files were hosted somewhere with no adds or lag for none members like Soundrts maps.

2015-01-23 17:53:42

I guess I could host some of the smaller ones. My host is unclear about their bandwidth policy, so I'm afraid of those that include bunches of additional audio. (Ironically, that includes Fyquest, since it has some Castaways sounds, an extra song, etc.)
I should upgrade my dropbox. Bandwidth limitations are a pain. But money is a pain, likewise.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-01-24 11:16:49

speaking of swamp campaigns, does the new 3.4 version of swamp support the use of all the new weapons in campaigns like the striker? and the combat master? And the other kinds of enemies like raiders?

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-30 22:25:15

Greetings.
Can you add me to this folder please?
My mail address is
[email protected]
Would be very nice if you could add me.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-01-30 22:42:06

I haven't checked the Title Weapons, but the raiders work. Here's a simple test campaign I made that got kinda addictive for a little while (Incidentally, it convinced me to start playing with armor skills, which is the only way I made it past 20):

map=lastman0
x=10
y=50
set music=music\lastman.mp3
starting gear
give item 1 AK47
give item 1 Short bayonet
give item 1 Small bayonet
give item 1 Short Bayonet
give item 1 Small Bayonet
give item 9000000 7.62mm ammo
give item 1 Field kit
give item 9000 Med kit
give item 1 Riot Shield
give item 1 Machete
give item 1 Flamethrower
give item 9000000 Gas
give item 1 Leather jacket
give item 1 Paintball mask
give item 1 Running shoes
give item 1 Running shorts
give item 1 Bunny Slippers
give item 1 Combat boots
give item 1 Apronic Armor
give item 1 Adult diaper
give item 1 Apronic leggings
give item 1 Apronic helmet
give item 1 Work jeans
give item 1 Riot face guard
give item 1 Military helmet
give item 1 Apronic vest
give item 1 SWAT vest
add items 20 1 1,1,00,00 *
add random Raider=5

+-1+block kill event=any
level up
open store
add random Raider=1
end event

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-02-04 03:02:41

Not sure if this is  still going, but if so please add me to the folder the Email is [email protected] Thanks.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2015-02-04 20:28:07

Preview:
This is still in progress; this is not the final link (in fact, the primary and mirror links are exactly the same, because this is just me editting it in my dropbox until I sort out what to upload where):
Swamp Campaign page preview
It only has my campaigns in it right now; the link to Pyramid will work in the real page. I still need to sort out which campaigns people do and don't want mirrored, and for some reason my site won't upload Fyquest even though it had no trouble with something 5 times the size in 2004, so I'll probably need to mirror it elsewhere (assuming that's even the latest version... I feel like I've made changes since the timestamp on that.).
I'll probably try to upload everything 1MB or less first. Everything else can get in line. (Yes, yes, I know that Fyquest is 14 MB. It, too, can get in line, now.)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-02-04 21:52:04

Kae that looks nice.

Will you add this? provided it's worth adding big_smile

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/492 … g%20mania2
Oh and this as well.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/492 … 0steve%201
Ironically, I posted all these on my podcast page, and found them in the show notes sections of various episodes. lol

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-02-04 22:13:38

Hi Cae.

That is awsome, and just the sort of thing I was thinking of when I made the suggestion, I also love the utter pointlessness of the "tell me which link to use" buttonn. You might consider a "contact me if you want your campaign here" type of message with your e-mail, particularly sinse if this is! going to bhe the sort of official home of swamp campaigns, I would like to add a link to the db Swamp Entry and maybe Aprone might stick one on his site too.

This is also the first I've heard of several of these  campaigns too, so thanks on that score as well, I'll have to give some a try.

2015-02-05 05:38:14

Hi all.
Well I think all you needis a website could be a static ip or whatever, and well who knows.
A .tk domain is free.
You can store the website on any number of places,something like a 000webhost domain crappy though it is can host html custom download scripts.
You should be able to have dropbox google drive or other cloud sources, ofcause paying for space on the cloud unless its ms is quite cheap between 9 and 10 bucks for most will give you 1tb which is more than enough per month.
A redirect from onj.me and zz.cc if you want and you have a basic server.
Or you can if you don't give a stuff use a free blog like wordpress.com and a cloud service to host the campaigns.
Right now, all the campaigns we have up are  in the dropbox cloud and are 119mb in size.
There I guess is no issue with inviting those that want direct access and then mirroring the entire dropbox folder  as it stands giving that it does have a structure though you would probably want to take all the download links and I can't be stuffed weeding all that out as it stands.
Saying that  if someone wanted to host the thing, you would only have to allocate 1-2gb to the project, 2gb is plenty at this stage 1gb maybe all we need campaigns don't grow expenentionally.
There have been a few larger ones with sounds but most are maps and such.
One thing to note though.
I had a user on the dropbox upload campaigns in .exe extractors.
Msse immediately said it was a virus and dropbox couldn't sync the file after fiddling with dropbox linking and such I had to turn off all my security antivirus, malware and firewall, open my system to the hackers and let dropbox sync turn it back on and then clear the caches.
The issue was tracked down to the swamp folder and the file was archived but Its safe to say that any huge campaign would need to be zipped.
Said repo should also include links to 7zip and WinRAR because windows zip program can't unzip anything bar zip files.
A repo should have campaigns organised by author with descriptions and pages for every author including an email at least to contact the author other things, ie twitter/facebook/ wordpres Skype etc can be added in I guess.
Oh and if they have a name on the ag forum that should be added I guess for those that want to pm or use the ag forum system for contact.
The swamp campaigns won't take that much to host.
My concern would be traffic, dropbox is not really good with public traffic unless you pay.
I am not sure about any cloud users.
We really need a couple ftp servers but who the heck has that kind of cash.
I'd say bt sync folder but the only semi accessable version is 2.0 beta and 1.3.09 is the only one that works.
Right now I wouldn't recommend bt sync as a stable option, its an option but not stable at all.
There is git since its semi opensource not sure about audio, and then there is the just bunging up a zip with the campaigns somewhere and updating it which is currently not that bad of an idea since the folder hardly gets updated at all

2015-02-07 11:00:43

Nice website. Better than I would have made it. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2015-02-15 14:10:23

hi,
why not create a bt sync for it?

2015-05-28 07:13:34

Anything new happened with this?

there was just someone who wanted to create  first person games on the  audeasy list and I was trying to explain about swamp and how the campaign scripting could be used to make things other than zombie infested fps maps, but when I tried the link to Cae's above page I got an error, and also I'm not sure if people are contributing more campaigns to the page.

2015-06-05 03:54:16

I am also interested to know if this is still going.

2015-07-16 02:23:37

Hello.

These links give 429 errors. I want to try the fyquest campaign.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.