2015-02-03 03:16:35

Hi Everyone.
Well I just got a playstition 3 and I've struggling to play for a while. I've come to this conclusion I can't play anything without a headset because I can't hear a thing. I've seen headsets at the store and I found one it says it's for chatting but can you also use this kind of headset to hear a game your playing? Then I also found a bluetooth that say it can be paired with a ps3 so is that a better choice?
Thanks.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-02-03 04:44:34 (edited by defender 2015-02-03 05:15:27)

In looking for a good, cheap gaming headset with wide compatibility between devices, ruggid and portable construction, above average audio, and a clear mic, I found something that exceeded my expectations considerably in the SteelSeries Siberia v2.
It's compatible with PS3 XBox 360, Windows, Mac, and Linux, has a built in 5.1 USB sound card, fold out mic, and folding, mostly metal construction, surprisingly good audio reproduction specs for a headset, and a decent warranty.
For the price, it can't be beat.

2015-02-03 15:00:24

Turtle Beach make some decent and reasonably priced headsets as well.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2015-02-03 19:51:17

Yeah I second CX2, though it's a less known brand with less local support, and I don't know if their headsets are as widely compatible, but the audio is pretty great so I've heard.

2015-02-03 22:18:27

I have a Steelseries H Wireless  myself so I can second defender when it comes to Steelseries. They do indeed build a good headset.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-02-03 22:22:23

Well Turtle Beach are actually pretty well known, and they made headsets specifically for consoles you just need to make sure you get the PS3 version and it'll have all the adapters you need in all likelihood.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2015-02-04 13:09:02

Ah okay, yeah I guess I've seen Turtle Beach at a few mauls here and there in the US a few times, I just don't think they are common in many other places, but your in the UK right? so maybe it's just Canada and other parts of the US that don't have them as much.

2015-02-04 15:46:33

They are quite popular in the UK. The couple I've had a shot of weren't all that good though. I've not tried any of the latest offerings that support DTS headphone X though.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-02-05 10:47:28

Depends what you want it for and what your standards are. My X12s worked pretty well as a general purpose headset, and at £40 I couldn't complain. The ability to throw in the DSS2 surround sound emulation box in later on was just a bonus, though it probably still wouldn't be up to the standards of an audiophile it's pretty good for an average person and really quite affordable.

cx2
-----

2015-02-07 22:03:56

I just realised, I have one of the Turtle Beach DSS2 units and it can be used with pretty much any console and any standard 3.5mm headphones. It connects via optical toslink so it should work with pretty much any modern console out there whether it be the newer X bone and PS4 or the older X360 and PS3. It won't give you a headset microphone if you do it this way but you can use whatever headphones you already may have, or may buy in the future. It requires a USB port purely for power since it does signal processing and creates virtual surround as well as generally enhancing the audio, and yes it does make a difference even just listening to music, and it also gives you a USB pass through port for power in case your headphones use USB for a power boost. You could even get a toslink switch so you can swap the optical input source, and it has a 3.5mm auxiliary input if you'd rather just plug your computer in with a 3.5mm male to male cable and swap between the sources with the box, plus an old fashioned volume knob.

cx2
-----