2015-01-30 11:11:43

I'm way behind on my Windows 7 X64 updates, I have SP1 I'm pretty sure. I heard last Summer that the JAWS Keyhook is broken on some systems with newer updates, does this apply to 7 or just 8? I want to keep my system up to date if possible, but don't want to sacrifice Keyhook to do it. Thanks.

2015-01-30 12:08:31

Moderation!

I don't believe this is related to games, though not being a jaws user I can't say for certain. Either way, if it's a general Jaws question, it belongs in the offtopic room.

If indeed this is related to games in some sense let me know and I will move the topic back.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-30 12:39:08

I figured this topic might be moved, and it's a grey area. You could say it doesn't relate to games since Jaws isn't a game. But then again, probably the most frequent use of the keyhook is to give another program, say, a game, full access to the keyboard without Jaws messing it up, so in that way, it is very much related to games.

2015-01-30 13:18:46

That is what I thought, though being as this is A, a specifically jaws question (it doesn't come up with other screen readers), and B, not actually related to games in particular (sinse it could relate to any program needing the keyboard), I think offtopic room is the right place, after all there are enough other topics here about different screen readers generally.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-31 18:14:03

I have tried running jaws on my windows 7 systems tat have all of the windows updates on them and it works fine.