2015-01-23 23:42:41

Hello all,
One thing I've really enjoyed on here is seeing people's signatures, and it's got me curious and interested how you came up with them.
People that come to mind are dark, although I've got a pretty good idea. A quote from a Phantom of The Opera Song, Music of The Night, and honestly that is very great to read. I have listened to an album of Phantom this year (live at the royal Albert hall) and I really enjoyed it, I'd now like to definitely go and see the show. That song is definitely a show stopper and, indeed, very famous. Here's a YouTube vid for those who might not know what this song is or sounds like, it's quite slow, very dramatic. Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86uFsfbFYbs
There's a forumight here who references a few games, I remember there being something about stomping in the swamp or something similar, nice wordplay and pronounciation usage there.
The one that has completely stumped me for now though is, I think it's Soul Keeper. I had a read of the signature then tried to search for the words, but no luck. Is this "go, balloons" thing from anything or just a made up signature? It's got me very curious and interested, it reminds me of a cartoon for some reason, in a good way, and makes me think of happy thoughts. The only balloon related audiogame things I can think of are the balloons in the new breakout rewrite, and a game that Ghorthalon once made called Bust a Balloon which was a stereo targeting type of thing, although it had quite nice background music.
Interestingly, I've yet to actually come up with my own signiture. I guess I just can't think of anything even after all these years.

2015-01-24 00:08:04

It's a reference to a random quote from lost souls. The full quote is:
"
Go, balloons.  I don't see anything happening.  Go, balloons.  Go, balloons.  Go, balloons.  Stand by, confetti.  Keep coming, balloons.  More balloons.  Bring them.  Balloons, balloons, balloons!  More balloons.  Tons of them.  Bring them down.  Let them all come.  No confetti.  No confetti yet.  No confetti.  All right.  Go, balloons.  Go, balloons.  We're getting more balloons.  All balloons.  All balloons should be going.  Come on, guys!  Let's move it. Jesus!  We need more balloons. I want all balloons to go.  Go, confetti.  Go, confetti.  Go, confetti.  I want more balloons.  What's happening to the balloons?  We need more balloons.  We need all of them coming down.  Go, balloons.  Balloons.  What's happening balloons?  There's not enough coming down.  All balloons!  Why the hell is nothing falling?  What the fuck are you guys doing up there?  We want more balloons coming down.  More balloons.  More balloons.
"
Yep...

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-01-24 11:08:56

I wrote my signature because it is true.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-24 11:12:49

@Aaron, I will confess I have display of forum sigs turned off for the sake of speed, so if I want to look at anyone's sig I have to check their profile individually.

Music of the Night is a favourite song of mine (you can download a version of it sung by me Here on sendspace), sinse I'm a huge fan of Phantom and have seen the broadway production at the liceum, (which was awsome sinse I got to sit in the royal box thanks to my mum's guide dog).

I have however recently been considering changing it for something else. I've used several signatures for e-mail which I rather like:

The first is from Avatar the last air bender, from crazy king bumi:

"Take them to the refirbished chamber that was once bad!"

Though in fairness you probably have to hear how he says this line for it really to be funny.

The seconed is part of the zagreus rhyme from the Doctor who audios, which is much darker but wonderfully strange, and sinse I was one of the few people who really enjoyed The Zagreus plot it'd be nice to show my loyalty):

Zagreus sits inside your head,
Zagreus lives among the dead,
Zagreus sees you in your bed,
And eats you when you're sleeping.

Zagreus at the end of days,
Zagreus lies all other ways,
Zagreus comes when time's a maze,
And all of history's weeping.
Zagreus seeks the hero's ship,
Zagreus needs the web to rip,
Zagreus sups time at a drip,
And life aside, he's sweeping.

The third (and the one I've been using for most mails recently), is the last sentence from George R R martin's world of ice and fire:

There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.

Amusingly enough I forgot to clip this from the end of a mail I recently sent with a new book review for http://www.fantasybookreview.co.uk/ and the site owner printed it by mistake! very weerd as an end to a review of Roald Dahl's The Twits big_smile.

Then again I do still like Phantom big_smile.
@Soul keeper, which lost souls is that? The mud, or a program? sounds interesting.

@KEyisfull, maybe we should call you cat is full from now on big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-24 19:46:05

Hello,
@soul keeper: same question as dark, which lost souls is this? I've heard of the mud, but didn't realize there was anything to do with balloons there, haha. Seriously, I'm laughing in a very good way at the sheer amount of randomness here, And the quote just gets funnier and funnier the more you read, Then the real hilarity of the situation is, because of the signature, it happens again, and so there I was thinking it was over but nope, here I go again laughing. Nice one.
@dark: wait, that last quote was the quote you sent to me in an email recently. It actually inspired me and I was actually wondering if you'd written it in yourself, even so it was absolutely epic for the message thread because it was so true, and it inspired me, so thank you.
@keyisfull: I also like your signature too. It can be both used in a heroic, and also a villain's, context, and for some reason someone like The Joker comes to mind when I read it. Hearing that in Mark Hammel's voice would be scary!

2015-01-24 20:38:12

LOL, CatIsFull. smile

My signature is game-related. I like it a lot, so I use it everywhere.

See if you can guess which game. smile

Just myself, as usual.

2015-01-24 22:41:31 (edited by Cinnamon 2015-01-24 22:42:49)

I don't know where exactly Cinnamon came from. It's the name of a female character from a smaller V. C. Andrews novel, and it's a spice I quite enjoy.
As for the signature, The thought process probably went something like this.
Cinnamon is sugar and spice. Sugar and spice, and everything nice. Except I'm not nice at all. Sugar and spice, and everything naughty. No, I'll just leave that off the end and leave the trailing elipsis. It could be sugar and spice and many other things... but definitely not nice.
wink

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2015-01-25 00:25:08

The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of sugar and spice, is the following youtube vid, which brings back so many memories:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mmCMUPCNgE

2015-01-25 01:39:56

@Aaron, while I have tried my hand at poetry, (usually to relieve my feelings), I can't claime the final quotation, sinse it belongs to George R R Martin, nothing I've written has been that epic big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-26 01:29:01 (edited by Lucas1 2015-01-26 01:32:07)

Well, I made my signature because, well, I really liked the website menschened in it a lot back then. Should probably change it one of these days.
<edit>And it is done, I have changed my signature. And my new one is kinda self explanatory...

2015-01-27 11:49:38

Mine  is the opening lines from William Blake's poem Auguries of Innocence.... Well, except the foxpart, that's just who I am on Swamp.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2015-01-27 14:00:09

Hi.
Well, my signature is just to remind people to have a nice day. But I think I'll change my signature to something game related.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-01-27 14:24:03

I have now changed my signature, a bit... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-01-27 18:27:56

lol slj I've just lost the game.. damn it... now I can't read any of your posts rofl.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2015-01-28 06:57:15

It's the Lost Souls mud. The head imm, Chaos, has a file with literally thousands of quotes, and that's one that can get pulled from it whenever you use the quote command.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-01-28 10:37:06

nin wrote:

lol slj I've just lost the game.. damn it... now I can't read any of your posts rofl.

Haha! big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2015-01-28 14:04:14

Hello,
@soul keeper: that is hilarious. I actually haven't tried out lost sols yet, I'm not sure what sort of experience I'll be in for. Is it a bit like alter aeon or is it somewhere where you ahve to rp a lot?
@slj: I saw your other topic about your signature too and have explained my thoughts.

2015-01-28 14:48:56

@Alex I definitely like the blake, though usually I associate blake with singing sinse I've had to sing some settings of his poems. For 19th century romantics I prefer Coleridge, and I have some definite favourite early 20th century ones like John Naisfield, and of course Robert E Howard and Tolkien.

I actually have looked through some of my favourite poems for correct quotes, but there isn't really anything I've seen in eight lines or less that would have the instant smack of a signature.

2015-05-01 12:13:12

Okay, threadcromancy time, just to say I finally! found a poem quote that worked as a sig.

Robbert E howard has some pretty good short oness, but all my favourite stuff of his tends to be rather too wordy for 400 chars and four lines or less, heck I even tried my own poetry but most of it was too, ---- well dark, so I went with Arthur O'Shaughnessy  instead.

Ironically this is a poem I first heard at a funeral for a lady my dad was friends with, and that line about "We dwell in our dreaming and singing a little apart from yee" always rather struck me for how true it is.

2015-05-01 17:18:17

my signature came from Microsoft sam reads funny windows errors. It is my favorite line mike says throughout the series. my old signature, back when I was wondering_wolverene, was from origon trail.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-05-01 22:22:48

My signature comes from a thought that just randomly struck me one day, it's a thing I say to people sometimes when they start spouting clichés about positive thinking. If nothing else, it makes them stop in their tracks.

Over the years I've also had short quotes from songs as my signature, but I'm going to stick with this one for awhile, I think.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-05-01 23:41:57

@Turtlepower, I had not seen your sig before sinse as I said I have sigs turned off for reasons of speed, however , I'll have to remember that one next time someone gives me the "think positive" lecture tooo.

I actually am however a little surprised you haven't got something from Tmnt.

I always liked the bit in the first film where Michael Angelo was  playing with a yo yo while surrounded by foot ninjas.

"walking the dog, rocking the baby, around the world!"
where upon he spun the yo yo round for a mass clobbering! big_smile.