2015-01-24 20:52:03

Hi I have tried out the demo, and I do like the voice acting very well done. I agree with Jayde the moving then hitting f is not an improvement since I jumped over a single jump, hit f  then stepped left to see what was in that direction and fell off and died. It would be great if you could hold down f then hit an arrow key instead of stepping first. It is some what amusing at first to step off into a spike pit just to hear Scout tell me spike pit, thanks, now you tell me Scout once I'm dead. Hitting c is neat although I wish it gave some sort of indication where things were. I think it would be great if the christels made some sort of noise so you could find them.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2015-01-24 21:36:33 (edited by cj89 2015-01-24 21:39:06)

Yeah I did find it a little confusing that C will also scan through walls, but anyways. We will not destroy the mustered!

2015-01-25 07:32:11

I might be the only one, but I do like the one button to scan thing. I don't know if people noticed, but when you walk in a different direction, there's a short delay. This is Airik turning without moving. I'll admit it's a little odd at first.

You will not see the end of this day! PSN el_abrejo Alter Aeon elabrejo Igbo Nabu

2015-01-25 10:09:14

Hi.
Dark: I see your point regarding to cracks. But, I didn't posted any crack and I didn't mentioned where I got the game. Feel free to look this up in the previous topic to see if I purchased the game. smile I'll not mention cracks again, and I'm not sure on how that could tricker a warning, since I still didn't posted any crack at all. Well, I'm done regarding to this...

Thanks Jyro. I'm now running my own copy of the game. I still don't get why you don't send out all the copies to all people at once, instead spending days on sending out individuel mails to people.
The only difference between Ambros and my version of Windows is that I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and he's running Windows 8. We both run the newest version of VmWare Fusion. Do you have any idea on what's going on when looking at my crash log? Is it anything which got overloaded? This is not Windows but Fusion itself which gives me this error. We are two persons who are having this issue, and Ambro is the only one who have reported that it works on his machine. His machine is an iMac, and mine and the other who have reported the same error, we are running this on a Macbook Air. Our machines meet the system requirements you have posted in the first post. So I'm not sure on how to bugfix on this.
I've send a mail to Ambro, trying to figure out more about the differences on our machines.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-01-25 10:26:33

Thanks for the demo. downloading it now. I can't wait to check this out.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2015-01-25 18:47:17

Hi.

Is there a way I could get my money back?

I'm honestly quite disappointed in this game release.

/bug/
When I walk out of the shrine, the music from the shrine and the music from the village play together, and when I go into the southern gate, that music plays along with the other 3 tracks.

Another thing. What's with the jumping?
So I press F, find there's a single jump gap, this is inthe cave where you go once you leave the southern gate and head south west I think? Anyway you go in there and there's a single jump gap. I get as close as I can without dying press space and right arrow and, die. I've read the user manual and don't understand. Do I press space and hold right arrow? Or press space and tap the right arrow?
/end of what I think are bugs/

Also, there was no demo release, until someone brought it up. I'm sorry but I'm not happy with this games release like I said and if there's any way I can get my £8 back, I'd be happy to know about it.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-01-25 20:25:17

Hey everyone, thank you for your support and patience while an issue was resolved.
If you have one of the kinds of systems that may affect saved information, you will not be able to jump or use switches when loading your last game, this may also cause the music to overlap. I have created a special file swap out which resolves this in case you are experiencing this issue. I am sending this to everyone who has the game. Furthermore, I have created a special exe called baisik, which will allow you to play it without any graphical needs aside from the engine. This is also a simple file which will be sent with the first one. both include the fix for loading games. I'm here for you guys, thank you.

2015-01-25 20:43:48

Hi.

Ah ok. I'll check that out.

Thanks Jyro.

2015-01-25 23:00:35

Cool. I look forward to see if it's the graphics which make my Fusion to crash. I look forward to get the file.
Again, wouldn't it be much easier for both you and all people if yu just linked to those two files in the first post? smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-01-26 00:25:56

played the demo, and well cool game. the only things i have a question about are, why not have the crystals make a sound/ or have the radio scan make a  sound in the direction of it. also This game is a X-Y moving type will the next one be more like real 3d movement? because that would really add more fun to using the Xbox controler, and o yeah any way to use a ps3 controler?  All and all fun so far. I'll play the demo some more, but I may pick this up, because i like to support progects like this. good luck on the next one.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2015-01-26 03:30:38

To the person who had the issue with jumping:
Don't hit the arrow key. Just get near a jump gap and hit space. Airik will know which direction to jump. I screwed this up a couple of times too. I think if you hit space and right arrow, right arrow is prioritized and that's why you die.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-01-26 05:40:59

Hi.

Thanks Jade.

2015-01-26 05:49:44

Hi.

I can't get this game to run under Windows XP. It says direct x error something and won't run. What am I missing?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2015-01-26 08:50:00 (edited by brad 2015-01-26 16:51:19)

Hi.

I have the latest version of a t c, and the jumping still doesn't work.

I wonder if the game can be coaded so that it searches for updates and downloads them to your computer? This would be a lot better than sending out one email at a time.

I go to the edge of a single jump gap, press space, nothing happens, Aeric just jumps up, space and right aeric just dies.

2015-01-26 15:41:31

Hi, I just wanted to say that I have not yet received my email with the fixes to the game.

2015-01-26 17:07:51

why do you, gyro make more work for yourself? to be fair why not put the link to get the file on here it is only sendpsace after all

2015-01-26 17:42:10 (edited by staindaddict 2015-01-26 17:44:02)

Hey everyone,

I emailed Jake about this already, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happened to them. When I tap my arrow keys to take one step, Airik takes two. So, I'm not able to play the game, cause I keep falling off jump gaps. This hasn't always happened though. The first time I downloaded Airik, it was fine, now I was sent another link, and when I downloaded it this time it started happening. Oh, and I still have not received the updated game links that everyone is supposed to be getting.
Has anyone else had this problem with walking though? I have no idea what to do, and I'm getting very frustrated cause I want to play the game. I can't play with this problem though. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know..
Thanks.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-01-26 18:06:24

The big thing with putting the link on this forum is giving people chances to get the game that have not bought it. I wouldn't think that would be fair.

2015-01-26 19:38:56

This game appears to have no security built into it. It is probably more difficult to code anti-cheating workarounds than it is to code the game, so that's why you have the less-than-ideal distribution method.

To the person using XP and having Direct X errors, you may need to update Direct X.

Speaking of XP, I realize that some of us don't have tons of money or whatnot, but let's remember that Windows XP is no longer being supported, and hasn't been for some time. It is not, by and large, safe anymore, and most programs have at least a hitch or two with regards to compatibility. What's more, expecting new games and programs to be XP-compatible is a pain in the neck. If at all possible, I suggest those of you using XP try and upgrade to Windows 7 when you get the chance. It's essentially just better XP, plus there's the nifty search box. A few things are different, but not enough to really throw you.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-01-26 20:52:04

Yes but he wouldn't be putting up a link to the game, he would be putting the link for the files to replace the bug. Which would be useless for anyone that did not buy the game.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2015-01-27 01:27:27

Jeff is correct.
I've sent out the file updates which fix the load issue for those who were experiencing it.
you should now be able to jump and hit switches with no problems. Music now no longer overlaps.
Furthermore there is a bonus Manual update with some tips on bosses and scanning, and a quick mod
you can do if you want healing to occur when bed saving. note that once you replace airik.exe you will need
to start a new game. loading your previous game won't be possible due to the nature of the fix.

Thanks!

Jyro

2015-01-27 10:36:13

Jyro: Any news regarding to the issue we are having while trying to run the game on a virtual machine? Can we disable the Graphics to see if that'll make any difference?

Best regards SLJ.

2015-01-27 11:34:20

Hello jyro22

I have a question i send you in e-mail but no responce at all so maybe I should jump here and ask:

Is it possible to have my money back as I bought the game before and well, I realised it after getting it again?

I've bought the older version from [email protected]
What You can check it's actually true.

Now, let's go on to the gameplay:

After I played shadow line I realised that game is designed the best I can imagine. Airik the cleric has really important lack of exploration problems for me. I don't want to be offensive or something but I wants to say about my observations and ideas.

First of all, it's so frustrating I am moving around the maps like a blind, seriously. Scanning every piece of the map, step after step isn't something I like. Shadow line have the most interesting mechanics where you can actually run without checking everything with some kind of scanners / radars and you know where you exactly are. In Your game, I feel like the game is long, too long because I need to go one step, scan, next step, scan, next step, scan and it's working like that if I don't want to miss something important.

I am comparising it to the shadow line as it's the best example of kind of open world RPG with excellent mechanics. You are running ahead and You can hear every passages around by short wind sounds, from left / right indicating there are opening or higher or lower means if you are moving from east to west or reversed, lower is  the south and higher north. Every item on the map have a sound plus when you are moving the specific sound is added to the every footstep telling you how far you are from the object plus... this is the same as with the wind, lower and higher sounds indicates the objects are on northern or southern part of the location plus left and right panning if it's on your left or right side.

Enemies ofcourse are the same and you can hear exactly where their are.

I am playing shadow line like a crazy, completed it three times and I am still unlocking content.

Your game is really great potentially, but I feel really bad after few minutes of trying to search with scanning, scanning, scanning, scanning what takes soooo long.

So again, my opinion only, I wnats to play the game, finish it, but It's not ideally crafted and exploration is really pushing me away.

Cheers

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2015-01-27 21:07:25

hey @gyro! I've bought the game yesterday with the e-mail matheus _ rheine at unifebe dot edu dot br but so far received nothing to download the game.
almost 24 hours have passed. Maybe in the future you can make an automatic system to send the download links right after paypal confirms the
transaction. Waiting for your response. thanks!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2015-01-28 10:25:34

Hi.
I'm sorry to say this:
I won't care about this game anymore until the developers make a central place where us WHO have bought the game can download the updates, patches and other required stuff for the games.
Why? A friend of mine received a patch and a fix for Super Airik by mail, and Again, I haven't received anything.
So, I see no point of even care about the game anymore, when all people WHO have bought the game or previously have bought the game don't recieve the same updates, patches and stuff, before they start to request it.
If getting an official place to host the files is the issue, then I don't see why we haven't got any requests for free hosts yet. I mean, lots of people are running their own servers, and I think people are willing to host the game somewhere.
Enough rambeling...

Best regards SLJ.