2015-01-22 21:15:14

Hi, my name is Themadviolinist and I'm addicted to Alter Aeon, after, well 20 years of ignoring it.

My biggest problem right now is tracking the approximately 83,192 pieces of equipment I've found and sorting it into optimal sets for different purposes.  I know the theory of equipment sets, I know how to get stats on individual items.  I even have a handle on what most of the modifier strings mean.  I know how to search bags, shops and my storage locker, (after quite a lot of toing and froing through the help files.

What I don't have is an efficient way to construct optimal equipment sets for, let's say manaregen, other than looking at everything I've collected by location and choosing items with a positive -manaregen value.

I've considered either constructing an Excel workbook to at least handle sorting or valuing items based on a weighted scale of needs.  I've considered writing something up in BGT that would allow me to optimize for multiple properties.  Before I do either, has someone else solved this problem already?  Also, I need a complete list of item properties for either solution, and I can't find it either in the help system or in the articles on alteraeon.com.

So how have you all solved this problem?

2015-01-23 03:49:27

Use list switches, its not difficult if you know how.

2015-01-23 04:04:23

you can use list search switches to search by both item effect and wear location, which should help you when you are trying to actually construct a set. Also remember that when you search for mana regen to double the number of regen you want when searching. So if you wanted to search for an item with 3.0 or more mana regen you'd search for mana regen by 6. Also once you have  your equipment sorted in a set, you can use the eqset or eqlist commands to save the set so you can quickly switch to and from it. Eqsets are slightly more efficient, but you are limited to 4 of them unless you feel like spending credits. Eqlists are less efficient, but are unlimited.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-23 13:01:18

hey themid,
What I do is I store *all* my pieces in differnt text files named for example hit.txt, cast.txt etc.
That way I can search for things easily and make sets.

Btw, who are you on AA?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-01-23 14:48:36

I'm Fiddler and I just got my fifth class yesterday.  I am quite familiar with the list switches, though I've never found a complete list of them.  What they do not do is give me a quick way to efficiently construct a set to maximize more than one characteristic.  Sure, I can go through my storage and find all the pieces with +mregen 1, and I can even do so by location, but if I want to maximize mregen, wis, castability and druidcast, I would have a harder time, since I might have contributing set members that don't contain all these characteristics.

What is the difference between eq sets and eq lists?

2015-01-23 17:46:37

Eqsets are a server-side tool which helps you manage your sets. They are really overpriced though, and their notable advantages are that you can switch sets using eqsets while hidden (which is pretty unfair in my opinion) and that they search in containers within containers. For instance, you could put your hit set in container1, which is inside container2. Its slower though.

Eqlist is a mush-z implementation of this functionality which is free, and should suit the needs of most users.

2015-01-23 23:08:53

You can specify more than one argument with list switches. e.g: l in bag +mregen 8 +magecast +int  +wis works perfectly fine.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-01-24 11:18:02

also if you are sorting from a storage locker, you can use the -multi switch in order to see the full stats of the first 10 items. the multi switch does not work for items in a container in your inventory though.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-24 16:50:50

Wow I didn't know about that switch.

2015-01-24 20:02:45

Wow, neither did I.  That's interesting.