2014-12-30 02:33:54

Hi,
This question might sound kind of weird, but has anyone recorded themselves coding games then testing them while explaining? I can usually learn better in audio than by reading a manual. I am mostly learning bgt right now. I'm not really sure if anyone has done this kind of thing, but if anyone has, could they give me a link?

2014-12-30 04:16:42

I know Liam has mentioned once that he has old coding sessions that he has recorded stored some where, but he hasn't actually gotten back to me about him hosting them for others to download. I'm not sure whether or not he likes the idea, but just mentioning that he has recorded coding sessions before. It has never occurred to me to actually record myself coding, since my sessions usually involve me having to take a few fifteen minute breaks after an hour or two while I calmly ponder over an issue i can't work out. I guess after a while, I begin to lose focus and make careless mistakes, but that's me. smile

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2014-12-30 06:54:12

I've never heard of this, not even from the sighted.  I think it would simply fail miserably: you must examine the code to get any benefit at the beginning and, once you're at the point where that's no longer the case, you're beyond anything introductory.
I actually learned BNS basic from an audiobook from the library of congress, many years ago.  Having someone read out the code with no review functionality is torture.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2014-12-31 19:14:08

Well, I do know that Aprone has some YouTube videos that demonstrate different coding techniques on his channel, but as well as the visual aspects he does thoroughly describe what he is doing and explains each line of code more or less. While i wouldn't suggest them for learning language syntax or anything like that, to the beginner I feel they could be useful. He doesn't use object-oriented-programming, however I still feel that they help introduce many programming concepts that beginners ask about.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2014-12-31 20:25:39

The thing is that Aprone recorded videos, so a person who can read the text can still review the code on their own. Pause the video, read, then continue.
I think, however, what Aprone is doing is more to explain some of his techniques and concepts, rather than the language he's coding in.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.