2014-12-30 00:46:29 (edited by robjoy 2015-01-11 17:52:53)

Hi all,

After more than six years of silence, I am finally back, perhaps with a bang? You decide!
The time has come for me to announce the release of my long-awaited game, Angelgift!
Although a bit later than expected, we still have, I hope, some remnants of the Christmas spirit lurking around.
Follow Lyriel, the weakest angel in heaven as she disobeys her fellow angels, flies down to earth and investigates a mysterious coldness spreading in a tiny village.
http://erion.tdrealms.com/ag

Changes in v1.03
* The cat got Lyriel's tongue while she was regenerating in heaven. We have talked to the kitty and her tongue is back where it belongs!
* Lyriel continued to flap her wings when floating upwards after changing her mind during a fall. We have explained to her that this is unnecessary effort on her part and now she stops her wing movement. She even likes it better this way!
* The greater demon has reinforced all the demon shields, thus Lyriel is unable to push them upwards anymore.

I am not exaggerating when I say that this game is the world's most cinematic audio game ever released. All of the voice actors/actresses were top notch and I am very grateful for having the honour of working with them. Thank you, everyone!
I'd also like to thank all the beta testers: I know how hard it is to not share anything until it is time!

Those who dislike manuals are also in for a treat. The game includes a built in tutorial, hence there is absolutely no manual included. Anything beyond the scope of the tutorial is part of the challenge!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2014-12-30 01:06:06 (edited by stewie 2014-12-30 01:06:52)

I completed the introductory cutscenes and reached the section of the tutorial dealing with combat, when the game crashed abruptly upon trying to fire energy. I like the game's audio quality and acting however. Also it would be cool if there was an ability to skip over the cutscenes.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-12-30 01:09:07

Yeah, tht would be nice.

2014-12-30 01:10:23

I agree. There absolutely needs to be a way to skip cutscenes, and the game crashed during the tutorial for me as well. The cinematics are awesome so far though.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2014-12-30 01:14:16

Hi, the game crashes either just before you successfully fire energy blasts, or just before. At least for me. I am running a computer with widows 8.1. The problem details are:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    ag.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    54a1c543
  Fault Module Name:    ag.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    54a1c543
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00008e0e
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    5861
  Additional Information 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Additional Information 3:    84a0
  Additional Information 4:    84a09ea102a12ee665c500221db8c9d6

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-12-30 01:20:46

It crashes for me here too as well. I think it has something to do with the music. There's a way to skip cutscenes I think, but probably after the tutorial. I'll sit in the tuturoal and see how long it takes for it to crash.

2014-12-30 01:24:49

Hi,
I'm not able to reproduce the crashes at the moment, nor the other testers it seems, but I will keep you updated and release a fix as soon as I get more insight into the issue.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2014-12-30 01:26:45

hi
this game is wonderful
and storyline is very good

2014-12-30 01:33:31 (edited by janagirl 2014-12-30 01:41:39)

Hi all,

yeah, I agree too. It must be a way to skip the cutscenes. I played the introduction and the game froze while I had to hold the up arrow. So I had to start at the beginning and it's annoying that I can't skip the cutscenes! But it's nice to play! And after the first four movement keys, the game crashes for me, too.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2014-12-30 01:34:50

I have same problem too.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2014-12-30 01:44:16

very strange
I start tutorial
I m go right then run left
then pres up
and
[Window Title]
ag.exe

[Main Instruction]
ag.exe has stopped working

[Content]
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

2014-12-30 01:44:26 (edited by keyIsFull 2014-12-30 01:47:08)

I'm thinking that since Robjoy and his testers can run the game fine, and every single person who reported a crash reported that it happened at nearly the same spot in the game, they have to have installed something to get the game working that we don't have. That, or they're all using completely identical computers with identical hardware and software configurations, which is of course untrue. Now if only we could figure out what that thing is. I'm wondering if it's some kind of dependency we don't know of.
If any non-testers get the game to not crash on them during the tutorial, it would be great if they could post their windows version and amount of ram they have. Any other information that might be useful would be appreciated too, such as if you installed audio or other game dependency software such as ComAudio or OpenAl.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2014-12-30 01:44:45

Hmm. if you'd released this one day sooner, It definitely would've been featured in episode 26 of my podcast. it would've been perfect, as that was the first podcast episode I did around the holiday season of this year. I guess next week is still ok though... right?
big_smile

Anyway, I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know what I think.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2014-12-30 01:49:45

Sorry for the double posting in advance.

but is there a way I could just skip the tutorial? from what people are saying, that's when the game crashes...

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2014-12-30 02:04:44

First the posatives...

I love the sounds and intro a lot.

Unfortunates:
I would really like to be able to skip scenes. As lovely as the intro is, I don't want to have to sit through the whole thing and the tutorial every time.

Also, the game crashes for me when I try to activate the energy shield in the tutorial. Everything else goes fine until then. The second time, I hit F for the shield, but nothing happened, but I was still able to jump and walk a bit before Windows caught up and was like, 'nope, we're done now.'

Look forward to what this is going to be!

Shadow

2014-12-30 02:06:39

I too got a crash during the tutorial as well. I've launched the game twice now, and the first crash was during the floating part of the tutorial , and the second was during the shields portion. Right before the crash however, the word "music" appears on my clipboard during both launchings.

2014-12-30 02:09:51

hI, MY GAME CRASHES at the part where you have to find a house, which I believe is the farthest someone's gotten so far?

2014-12-30 02:14:20

Hi,
I think I have found the cause. It is an extremely rare crash which did not occur on at least 50 pcs where it was tested right after the release.
I really hope we won't have anything like this again smile
http://erion.tdrealms.com/ag_101.zip
Cheers,
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2014-12-30 02:15:56

Also crashed for me. When I pressed a to shoot, DR. Watson suddenly appeared.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2014-12-30 02:33:42

Regarding scene skips, you will be able to, once you lose or complete the game.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2014-12-30 03:31:33

hi, I've experienced the same problem that someone has mentioned earlier.
the problem is, after I try to shoot energy blasts, and I must went in to the house, the game freeses.
it says ag.exe has stopped working.
windows will check the solution to the problem.
but overall, this game is really the most best audio game ever created.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-12-30 03:43:21

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version you posted, and the game runs fine for me. And it's so lovely! big_smile The music is just great, the voice acting too and the mission of the game is just adorable. Thanks for that! The only thing I have to do now is to understand the combat right, I just lost the game when fighting some weird creature and am not even sure why. big_smile

Thanks for this great sounding game, I waited for something holiday themed the whole time. big_smile

2014-12-30 03:58:50

Hi, the game doesn't crash anymore for me which is great. But there's something weird. I finished th e tutoral and was giving gifts to houses. I got bored and descided o give the wrong give to one of the houses, and now the game is playing this really spooky music and I can't do anything. It's been playing the same thing over and over and over again for like the last 4 minutes. Do you know what it is? Does it mean game over? If so why can't I do anything? I can still hear the creak of the door of the house I was at. And it doesn't seem like the music is even changing, it's just playing the same thing over and over and over and over again. Might hvae to quit it with the task manager.

2014-12-30 03:59:58

I got to what I guess is the final enemy, which got me killed. I was told to weaken him somehow, but didn't manage to figure out how.
Great game though, although the sounds and music sometimes drown out the voice of the character.
I like it though. big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2014-12-30 04:07:13

I seem to have a problem floating. Pressing up arrow and holding it is supposed to keep the character afloat. Well, I do that and it's like I'm stuck. It starts and then I fall right back down again. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? This happened in the previous version too, I just didn't notice it until now when I can't float up to the tutorial house.