2014-12-05 20:29:15

Salutations. I have been doing quite a bit of research about the FireFox OS, and i can officially say now that i am quite excited about the concept. being a Mozilla user myself, I can say that I have yet to be disappointed by anything Mozilla has done so far, especially when it comes to the FireFox OS. Besides, any company that is more than willing to focus on accessibility is certainly a friend of mine. As soon as accessibility is ironed out well enough, I am definitely going to be checking it out. I still don't think I'm quite willing to completely replace my trusty iPhone with a new device yet, but I am willing to get my hands on a compatible device to give things a whirl. Does anyone have any opinions about the mobile FireFox OS?

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2014-12-16 10:50:06

What kind of screen reader would the Firefox operating system utilise? I'd be interested to learn more.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-12-16 16:03:44

Honestly, Another OS? Do we need any more OSes any more? We've got so many and plenty of them: why another one? What will make this OS different from all the others out there?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2014-12-19 15:39:43

If I'm correct, Firefox OS utilizes the Firevox add-on.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce