2014-12-17 01:01:45

Hello all,
There is a new addon, much like the vocalizer expressive voices, for the acapela/infovox voices. It currently doesn't have the child voices or anything like that, but it has acapela peter, graham, rachel and who knows how many others.
The current beta version will work until the end of January, and there are still bugs that need to be ironed out.
However, when it gets out of beta and gets released to version 1.0, it will cost 99 euros (around $123 us dollars) for one license, and that will give you access to every high quality voice they have on offer. It will give you the chance to activate it on three computers.
You can find more info at:
http://www.acapela-nvda.com

2014-12-17 10:47:59

Hello.

This is awesome! I really enjoy these voices and to know that I can download them for NVDA is just amazing.

I love this screen reader!

How do you guys find these awesome addons?

Oh just a note; I'd recommend contacting the developer on the site that Aaron has given if you find any bugs.

Hopefully more voices will be added, these voices so far are awesome!

I'm gone for real :)

2014-12-17 13:11:14

It's worth noting that it won't cost just 99 euros. There are 2 types of licenses, basic and premium. The basic license, which is 59 euros gives you access to only a selection of voices, while premium gives you everything. IE, for UK English the basic license gives you Rachel and Peter, and Tyler for Australian in English both in regular and Colibri versions, while premium also includes Lucy and Graham for UK and Lisa for australian on-top of that. All languag3es seem to be included in both licenses so no having to pay more just to get a language here, and from what Acapela tolled me all the missing voices, like the German ones, will be added later.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2014-12-17 14:01:31

Hi.

Out of interest, what doesthe money go towards/ Does anyone know?

2014-12-17 14:36:49

Probably for development costs (This does seem to be developped officially by Acapela group themselves). The side does state that 10 euros from every purchase gets donated to NVaccess as well, so if you buy these whenever the driver exits beta, you're also supporting NVDA development

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2014-12-17 15:44:09

Just wow, I've tryed them out and they're really awesome, the same voices I was previously using for SAPI 5 and even more. But the problem is, unlike Vocalizer voices, those don't have the Acapella Arabic voices which I need in my dayly work since this is my first language, but I'll be still beneficiating from the other voices in my projects and studies. After all, good job for Acapella for making those as an Add-On.

2014-12-17 17:11:28

I love mostly Rachel (English-UK), but I think I'll still be stuck to Ivona and vocalizer expressive voices. smile

2014-12-17 18:08:25

Is heather in the bundle? I was always fond of that voice.

2014-12-17 19:05:45

Hi.
As far as I know, she is, yes.

2014-12-17 19:10:04

Hi.
I have a question, is it worht buying these voices? They sounds great well the inflection is still not what I like but that's just me, but what I'd like to know is wil new voices be added, or will we just have these voices?

For example, french, jerman, and will happy, will sad, will bad guy, will little creature.

2014-12-17 20:54:13

Hi,
I think they would like to add more voices in the future. We're missing quite a few good ones, like the will badguy voice, the creature voice (more for novelty purposes though) and the child voices.

2014-12-18 00:25:36

O, I like child voices including Ella, Josh, Emilio, Valeria, Rosy, Harry, Liam, Olivia, Lee and Jonas.
those are for U.S. english, U.K. english, North american Spanish, whitch is my ferst language, australian english and german. I want to create a new voice with the name of Luis, ferst attemp to create the panamenian spanish language, for those, like me, that are in Panama, my natal contry

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2014-12-18 11:16:10

Ouch, when I restarted my computer after really liking those voices, the driver stops working, God it crushed my whole PC, so I don't advise you to use it till it gets stable.

2014-12-18 11:52:11

Hello,
For me it works fine.

I just had to wait a wile for it to lode, then it worked great.

I'd report it on the site if I were you. It will help the development of the addon.

2014-12-18 15:35:45

hello, where can I download the beta? I can't find a link on the site.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2014-12-18 17:22:40

connor, do you see the link? it's the acapela tts engine

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2014-12-18 17:25:08

Hello,
You can find the link by doing the following:
1: click the thing that says menu.
2: this opens up a menu on the page, keep going until you find the link that says download.
3: on that page should be further instructions.
Hope this helps.