2014-12-06 08:05:15

People seem confused by this, so I thought I'd point it out in its own thread:

The instant translate addon for NVDA has undergone changes across different versions.
The old version (link?) uses nvda+shift+t, and nvda+shift+y, as the primary commands of interest.
The new version uses nvda+shift+t to let you enter a translation command. So nvda+shift+t, followed by t, is the equivalent of old nvda+shift+t. nvda+shift+t, followed by shift+t, is the equivalent of old nvda+shift+y.

Or, you can skip all that and download this, which I believe is the old nvda+shift+y version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165 … nvda-addon

I don't know why the controls changed. Like the rest of you, I wasn't following development; I just downloaded it when I wanted to use it, and noticed it wasn't working the same.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-12-06 14:45:02

thanks for pointing this.

2014-12-16 10:48:42

What exactly is NVDA Instant translation? Is there a link to the newest version?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-12-16 11:17:58

NVDA instant translate addon lets you translate a text from a language to another. I believe its related to google translate in some way... I don't know though. But anyways, like cae_Jones said, the commands had changed from the old version and the new version. I don't have th link for the new version, but I believe the old one works the same with the new version except the commands.

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-12-16 14:46:22

You can find the new version on NVDA community addon page.
hth,
Socheat