2008-03-05 22:45:24

hello,
I am looking for a good sound recorder that is a reasonable price and portable. I wanted to do stereo recordings and at a good quality. i dont have much knoledge about recorders and have only looked at olympus ds30 and the edirol r09 or r01 i forget.
Please could someone get back to this post as soon as possible as i need this very ergently.
thanks

2008-03-06 15:28:46

Haven't got any experiences but look for Zoom H2.

2008-03-06 21:05:49

The ds30 is a good one. I've got it to record some of my colladge classes. It seems to do the job. Of corse the ds40 ds50 would give you mor space but they would cost more. The ds30 through the ds50 are easy to use and easy to transfer from, that is if the ds40 and ds 50 have the same lay out. Are there more features that you are looking  for besides good sounding stario recording at a good price. I'm shure that there are other recorders with the easy of use and as good sounding as the DS30. I do have to say thow, the main reason I went with the ds30 was because of the voice guidance thing. good stario recordings was the icingn on the cake. All I was looking for, was a recorder that I could learn on my own and that would do the job well. I may have went over board.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-03-07 16:15:17

the ds50 rocks. The ds30 is probably decent but i have a ds50 myself so i don't know about that. From recordings of others, the edirol r1 and r09 both sound fantastic as well.

2008-03-07 20:50:26 (edited by BlueScreen 2008-03-07 21:10:13)

Well, I use an old good Sony MZ-N710 Minidisk recorder and a Sony ECM-MS907 microphone. With that gear I have made many clear and decent recordings. I'm however thinking to buy a little more modern recorder, such as the Zoom what I mentioned before, or edirol... don't know.