2014-10-14 06:46:44

Any idea when it comes out of the beta version?

Also, there is a bug in my version where if I have a unit that has the hp_restore_mod for healing skills, it also affects attacks for some reason so I do 100 damage then restore 70 hp to the target. Is that also fixed in the newer version?

2014-10-14 18:29:43

Tactical Battle 2.0 came out 2 days ago.
Here is the forum thread about the release:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 76#p191976

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2014-10-30 23:16:08

Awesome. Now I have to convert my files.
Thanks for letting me know.

2014-10-31 04:49:36 (edited by ShadowMamba 2014-10-31 08:59:27)

EDIT:
Kay, now I'm only having an issue saving one map.
I have my default map size set to 25 x 25. I made a test map that is 8 x 8, but when I try to save changes made to said test map it keeps giving me an error. I haven't gotten it when saving my 25 x 25 maps. So am I just getting this because the map size is different?

Also. Is there a way I can have a unit mount another unit and their skillsets to therefore combine while they are merged?
So I can have my king mount his shadow dragon, but instead of just the shadow dragon's moves showing up it'll have the king's skills as well.
Or would I have to play around with doing the transport thing and then somehow transforming them both when they're together? ...
I have no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to scripting hahaha.

EDIT2:
Still wondering about the above things, but now this as well.
Got an error when trying to use this move.
skill
|flags
description Blasts surrounding units away from you while doing damage to them at the same time.
self
splash_range=1
hp_splash_inflict=95|physical,75|air
|script_flags
move_other_unit_away 3

I'm assuming something is wrong with either the code or the script flag (probably the latter), right?
And that shouldn't move me, but I swear it did.

2014-11-02 06:42:39

Still wondering about the above things, but also now this as well.
I have a skill that was supposed to play a sound, shadowstep. But when I used the skill with my king, the shadowstep would play at the same time as the orc commander cursor.
Then I removed the "sound=shadowstep" from my skill file and it still plays whenever any of my units use it. And nope, it's not set to be played in their individual unit files. I double checked to make sure because I was sure I didn't set it to do that, and I didn't.

Then I used an attack and the orc commander who I was targeting died. Twice. The move had "critical_hit_effect death" set, is that why? Since the damage was more than enough to kill it anyway because it was almost dead when I used that move?

2014-11-28 01:12:36

I'm just going to post this here, because it's really bugging me...no pun intended.

Basically, I think there might be something wrong with the game when it comes to reading damage types, or at least when there are more than one specified. I'm using an attack that utilizes a particular damage type on a unit that should be immune to it. The hp_protect for the damage type is being totally ignored though. It only happens with some of my damage types but yet others *seem* to be okay.

Here is an example, using my king and one of his items and skills.

The item's attack damage: king_attack_hp_inflict_mod=115|blunt,200|death

When using king attack, the staff does 315 damage. This would be fine, but he has these...
with the armor he has equipped: hp_protect=110|physical,120|slashing,120|piercing,120|blunt,100|fire,100|water,100|earth,100|air,100|ice,100|lightning
And his natural resistance: hp_protect=150|physical,100|fire,100|water,100|earth,100|air,100|ice,100|lightning,50|poison,300|spider_venom,300|snake_venom,250|black_mamba_venom,200|light,200|dark,250|shadow,150|blood,5000|psychic,300|sunlight,300|moonlight,50000|death

And here's the original damage for the attack: hp_inflict=70|physical,80|shadow

I'm still taking more damage than I should be.
Does anybody have any tips? Is this a bug? (I'm assuming it's a bug.)

2014-11-28 05:26:55

Are you using the latest development version? I remember reporting some weird bugs with health protect before, so i'm not sure if this may be one that was already caught or a new one. Did you also check your default unit flags file in case?

2014-11-28 06:04:28

I'm using version 2.0; the version that was linked to in this post.

Just checked, but I don't have anything related to my health in that file. Just restoration for my action, summon and move points...