2014-11-22 12:42:04

Though you are free to share thoughts here, probably be better to share them over here , as its been very crazy over the last 15 hours or so on the Twitter just from that article alone. Haven't looked at Facebook yet...

I will say though, that podcast 220, posted on the 20th of November, 2014, is the last show most likely from the SPN crew. Though, as I red on Twitter, the Christmas special is still happening.

2014-11-22 13:06:13

Oh my!!! Just checked twitter and blow up it did. A shame, but things happon, I guess.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-11-23 01:43:24

wow. This is extremely shocking. I wonder what made them lay off 5 staff members just like that. While I didn't associate with sarotec much, I did hear they had some really good podcasts. I would have listened to a few given I had the time.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2014-11-23 17:45:27

Hmm. At the risk of sounding a bit unkind, I found Serotek a bit oily and brash. Still, it's always a bit sad to hear that customers are likely to be impacted following a company tragedy. And yeah I listened to their podcasts for a while, though I gave up on those too when they got a bit too much for my time and patience.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-11-23 22:41:43

This is terrible! I am a huge fan of serotek and Serotalk. I consider Iblink radio the most used app on my nexus 5, and it's sad that they are going away.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-11-24 02:09:56

Well everyone,

As I type my first-ever AG post from a Sonar GNU/Linux Del laptop,  which replaced  Windows on it, I bring ya a knew Blog Entry from Serotek, about its future. I really hope they know what they are doing... I really hope so...

2014-11-24 13:12:57

I really do hope they know what they are doing too. I listened to their podcasts when I got a chance...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-11-24 17:50:38

yesterday, I received the following email from Serotek because I am subscribed to the network from trying out the free online version of system access a while ago.
Serotek is undergoing some changes to better meet your needs as a digital consumer. The assistive technology industry has been shifting for a while now,
and it would be foolish to believe yesterday’s formula will continue to work in today’s age of wearable technology, smart homes, and interconnected media.

Understandably, there may be questions about the longevity of the products and services you have come to rely on. For years Serotek has thought outside
the box to deliver the most affordable solutions with the best customer and product support, and there are no plans to reverse this pattern of innovation
to meet you where you need us.

You may also be wondering about the future of the SeroTalk Podcast Network, arguably one of the leading content providers on all things technology. There
is a time to cover headlines, and there is a time to create them. As long as the community remains interested, SPN will evolve alongside its parent company.
For now, we have to deal with the reality of blunt, but truthful, comments such as that left by one loyal customer who wondered if we were finally going
to stop socializing on the podcasts and finally get back to product development.

Given the number of conflicting rumors surrounding the popular platform, the story is this: Ownership of SPN was offered to Joe Steinkamp and Ricky Enger
under a highly attractive earn-out formula. Serotek offered to continue financing the website, podcast, and production and platform hosting required to
maintain a consistent user experience. Serotek is aware of the value they provided to the community. Unfortunately, they elected not to accept this offer.
The Serotek team has no doubt Joe and Ricky will be a valuable asset to the community in other capacities and wish them all the best in their new endeavors.

Our goals were not to eliminate people, but rather, to realign the company structure and shift company functions that are hindering growth, steps that
were required to keep Serotek from becoming one more casualty of the new landscape. It is unfortunate that three other teammates abruptly opted to follow
other directions, but we respect their choices and also wish them the absolute best in whatever they pursue.

Change is sometimes a scary prospect. Yet change moved us away from the cell phone to the smart phone, from the TV to the tablet, and from yesterday’s
computer to today’s cloud. We’re working hard to keep you in the middle of it, where you belong. Contrary to competing rumors, Serotek is not down for
the count. We’re squarely in your corner and ready to meet the next phase with the same fervor we’re well known for.

Stay tuned. The best is on its way, and you are going to be a part of it.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2014-11-28 21:12:43

Why wouldn't they accept that offer? That doesn't make any sense!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-11-29 02:53:39

I'd say I probably would not have accepted the offer myself depending on the conditions of said offer.  There are simply far too many variables for me to judge a company based on one move that we hardly know much about behind the scenes.  it'd be like a valued musician in a community selling out to a record label and becoming a no one within a couple of years of him doing so because he has to follow every strict regulation set forth by that contract, ultimately losing his original fanbase for one that eventually moves on to other things.  Still, just educated guessing at best on my part.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2014-11-29 15:30:22

It's worth noting that there is a grass roots movement among the members of the Eyes Free mailing list dedicated to Android Access to reconstitute something like That Android Show as a community-led podcast.  Further news as it becomes available.