2014-11-23 21:58:24

I knew how to do it before, but I've forgotten how. It's been a pain for accessing html manuals. Help would be appreciated.

2014-11-23 23:19:27

Hi Darkabomination.
You should be able to open the file press enter on something you want to read then press f6 to read the file. This works with jaws so I don't see why it wouldn't work with nvda also.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-11-24 00:54:58

Hi.
I tried it, but it only serves to mute my computer's audio with the f6 key.

2014-11-24 04:37:02

Are you using a laptop? If you are switch nvda keyboard to laptop but I don't know what it would use instead of the f6 key. Those keyboard layouts on laptops are all different. But once you've done that press the other function keys to see what happens.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-11-24 06:15:11 (edited by stewie 2014-11-24 06:16:23)

If your f6 mutes, try holding fn and pressing f6. For some reason a number of companies map the f keys to windows functions and require holding the fn key while pressing the appropriate f key to use the standard function of them.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.