2008-03-04 09:50:08

This morning we will be taking only the finest parts of the lepricorn, adding just a pinch of trivia, grinding in a couple of home grown country golfballs and serving with a fine, rich mint jelly, ---- or perhaps just discussing some interesting new offerings in accessible gameage, ---- let's just start and see where this goes.

First, we'll begin with the Irish connection. To celibrate St, patric's day, the generous people over at 7-128 software are offering a special edition of their gamebook program containing the suspiciously Irish interactive mystery game, ---- when Irish spies are smiling. In the 1890's, an experimental submarine project has been stowlen, and the prime suspect are those synister Fenian spies. As a detective of the newport police it's your job to travel around the city, finding the clues and questioning the suspects, with help, suggestions, and cryticisms provided by the formidable inspector Cindy of the Vienna police. As with all the inspector cindy mysteries, the game contains many audio clips, music and sound effects and is self-voicing (though will also directly output to Jaws), with a quick and easy interface. the gamebook also contains four other accessible word and memory puzle games to even further challenge your brain, and remember that there are many other games from 7-128 software, such as more interactive mysteries, and an upcoming series of interactive fiction games entitled mysterious cities which will all run in the gamebook program as well, and best of all, the St. patric's day edition of the gamebook has had twenty percent knocked off it's price, ---- making it only twenty dollars, ---- or roughly eleven pounds for me in the Uk.

So if you fancy yourself as the next Sherlock Holmes, and want to save a bit of cash for exess pints of guinnis over St. patric's day, why not Wander over to the 7-128 site Note that you'll need to type in the coupon code DUBLIn (all caps), on the special offers page at 7-128 to get your mits on this handy Irish discount.

Also this morning, as I said earlier, something's happening in the kitchin, ---- and not just randomly metaphorical things involving lepricorns, ---- though perhaps golfballs might come into it somewhere. Jim Kitchin of course is who i'm talking about, and some great new updates he's added to his massive collection of self-voicing games.

first, prepare your brain for more question based trials, as the wintgf8 file contains sfour new question sets for Jim's win trivia game. Canes, presidents, Languages and (best of all for a Tolkeen nut like me), lord of the rings.

but the fantastical and fantasy updates don't stop there, as the wingcfs6 file contains six new golf courses to bend your irons around, including the sorcerous Harry potter country club.

but it doesn't stop there, sinse Jim kitchin has also bolted some swanky new updates onto his Homer on a Harly game. Version four now fixes a most nasty bug involving save games and the practice mode, which should hopefully cause homer Simpson to explode slightly less frequently.

all of these good and tasty treats may be grabbed On the kitchinsinc site along with a hole bunch of Jim's other games as well.

I'd now better rush, I smell the distinct aroma of overdone lepricorn, ---- and boiled pixies can be as tough as old boots if you don't take them off the heat very quickly, ---- and with the amount of trouble I went to to catch the little blighter, I don't want things going wrong now!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)