2014-11-09 03:51:54

Hello I would like to tell people that I was attacked for the first time on a teamtalk server. The server was from Nerdball.net. The first night I went into the swamp talk room everyone was nice to me. The second time I went in there there was this guy named Devin who started attacking me because I didn't key up my Microphone. He started calling me G*y and saying I was a Fag. They got me to say that I was a B***h but that wasn't true. Then they accused me of saying that the system admins girlfriend was a H** and that I would suck a guys D***. Everyone of these things was not true and I don't understand why I was attacked like that on a public server when they new that I was on there before and they didn't attack me. The second night they never did anything to help or stand up for me when this guy was attacking me. There was like 6 other people in the room. Nerdball gave too many people admin rights and it got out of hand. So Now I'm kicked from the entire server for no reason that I do not know of. I have moved to a new server but I'm not giving the name of the server because I don't want anyone following me there. People respect me there and don't hurt me. So everyone stay away from the europa.nerdball.net team talk server. I don't know what else to do. I take this is a form of cyber bullying.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2014-11-09 14:15:34

Just mute him.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2014-11-09 15:06:02

That could have happened anywhere.  No matter where you go people are out to attack your character in some fashion or another; to limit it to a particular TT server is, I believe, somewhat harsh.  You'll get good people and bad people everywhere you go.  While I myself usually tend to shye away from tt servers anyway though, I guess this statement probably doesn't hold much water. :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2014-11-09 18:02:00 (edited by cx2 2014-11-09 18:03:33)

He said he was kicked from the entire server, I take that to mean he was banned. Yes you can expect rough treatnment in many places on the internet and no it isn't right, but being banned without just cause is particularly obnoxious.

Even if he wasn't banned and just kicked that's still especially bad. I know I for example wouldn't play a mud where admins booted me off the server for no good reason.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2014-11-09 18:33:08

I personally disagree with Nocturnus here. Any community that allows  the sort of attacks Hurstseth describes is not being moderated properly.

While I agree with Nocturnus that you get a mix of ccharacters anywhere, it's the function of a decent moderator to make sure that things don't get out of hand and that offensive behaviour is dealt with. If indeed the moderator or whoever is incharge is the one engaging in that sort of thing, and using their moderation rights to cause trouble for others, then you have a problem and are best off just leaving that community and going somewhere else.

Just put it down to some idiot who can't do their moderation job properly and move on.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-11-09 18:39:13

Actually the thing with this devin guy is that he's a known mean Little motherfucker, harrassing people in swamp and on teamtalk.
I was on Another server that now has been taken down and he came on and started talking the same to me and everyone else.
Honestly I can't understand why people let him have his way but ... well
I'd not worry too much about a sorry loser though.
Devin, if you read this, just letting you know that you're pretty smart but for your own good you need to get beaten badly in some dark Alley. You're not invinsible, I speak from own experience.
I'd suggest you stepping back and start listening to what others have to say.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2014-11-09 18:57:58 (edited by mastodont 2014-11-09 18:58:28)

i completely agree with you dark, if he is allowed to be the admin of that community then there's a serious moderation problem.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2014-11-10 09:32:43

so far, about the only thing that's stopped him being booted from swamp, is the rules don't really give aprone those sorts of powers. but that will change in time, i'm sure. what can you expect, from a tipicle, little teen git, who thinks he's all high and mighty. somebody, sometime, will bring him down to size. that's if he doesn't do some growing up  very quickly

2014-11-10 23:29:29

I agree that a case needs to be made about Devin but there is a real ishue when he is going to many servers. He said he was 21 but even that maybe not true. I really liked the people on that server untill he came in. Other people say he just messes with people but I don't think he is messing with people he is attacking them and like I said no one will listen because they think he is god. There 6 other people in the room that could have helped me out but they didn't because Devin was there.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2014-11-11 13:21:26

Devin is 18, there you go.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2014-11-18 06:43:52

Hello hhurstseth405.

A few comments.

Firstly, a public team talk server has it's good and bad people just as a private one does.  Because you don't get along with a particular group of people does not reflect on the disposition of the server as a whole.

Secondly and very importantly Devin was never admin on my server, he had OP status over the Swamp Talk room only which was where him and a few other people hung out while they prodominantly played Swamp.  He had this because he prodominantly plays Swamp a lot and therefore seemed like a decent choice maybe for OP status since he was likely to be gone and would manage that particular room for me.  So while he could kick you from the channel he could not bann you from the server.  Maybe my choice of giving him that level of access was unwise, however as I say, the only thing he could do was kick people from that channel.

When I came home, and was informed of this situation I had a room of people against you.  I went to discuss your side of it in a private room, then said I would be back.  I actually had something in real life to deal with.  I believe this took about 20 minutes.

When I returned I found you gone from the private area where I left you and was told that you returned to the Swamp room where they all were.  I was told something about you discussing rather disturbing topics about things which shall not be discussed here.

One of the people who I did trust with adminship had then chosen to bann you for that reason and for recording people's conversations, or so I was told.

They all seemed to state the same thing which means that either they all had it out for you and thus decided to tell me the same story or else what they were telling me was true.

In any case until I discovered this post of yours I had no other means to discuss the matter further with you.

I am glad that you have found yourself a new team talk home to hang out in and I am sorry if you had a bad experience.

Personally I had enough of hosting a public blind team talk server by this point.  By this time I had dealt with at least two people who went to extreme lengths to harass my server in the past, I sincerely hope that these other individuals either find themselves a job, some form of education that leads them to a job, or something else to give them more of a life than randomly coming on servers, not keying their microphone and either playing blasting sounds, flooding chats or doing other things from random proxys to make my life that much more enjoyable.  Adding to that I have public forum posts being made about my server.  In any case europa.nerdball.net no longer exists and perhaps may not ever exist going forward.  I believe I have had enough and that this was for the best.

So, when you warn people away from europa.nerdball.net, I would suggest you also then warn them away from the Swamp channel on the public team talk server, because the crowd who was on my server has relocated there.

Have a good one.

2014-11-20 01:40:53

Yeah if devin romes free without any sort of fucking hinderence I'd suggest you stay away from the public server as well.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2014-11-21 08:29:37

While I realize that my ideas and oppinions are going to be called old fashioned by many, and that would be correct as I am 40 something, I tend to treat others as I want to be treated myself.  This holds in real life, and on the computer.  I know  that others may not hold with this view, and, that is ok.  But, bullying, in any form is wrong.  I'm sorry for those who are being bullied, virtually or in rl.  I've been there.  sometimes the best we can do is learn from it, take what we've learned, and try to make it better for those who come after.  Hope all of you are well and blessed.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2014-11-21 21:25:49

Hmmm, treat others as you would wish them to be trated old fashioned? Not from where I'm sitting, online or off it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-11-22 00:04:03

Hi, there are people who are going to harrass you no matter where you go. There are also people who are just extremely bored who have nothing better to do than make life miserable for everyone. You just have to sort of live with it. If post 1 is, indeed, true, I don't understand why you would give into what they were telling you to do and say those bad words about yourself. Seriously, if you are saying those kinds of things because people were pressuring you into doing so, that might be a problem that you have. It may have been easier to just walk away. And if you are that desperate to talk to people, then you may be having a bigger problem than online trolls. Also, like what Nerdball said, all five or six of the others on the channel accused you of saying those bad things about other people on the server. I highly doubt that they are all of the same malicious mindset as Devon, who, according to other posters on this topic, is just out to troll people. This seemingly collaborative false accusation thing is what really leads me to believe that at least some of the things you wrote are falsified or overexaggerated or something.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!