2014-11-14 20:43:16

Yeah I'm just playing around as I'm not sure what I want to do. Most of the missions look uninteresting.

2014-11-15 01:35:03

Well the game doesn't really have missions, it has sort of transport jobs around the system, and investigation of unknown signals and the like. The latter is more the interesting point, as is managing your ships, stations, planetary modules etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-11-15 14:15:23

I must confess sinse I finished the tutorial I'm a bit disappointed. I flew around and did some planetary missions, while I sent one ship off to explore an unknown signal, however when I got there there was nothing to do, nothing to explore or on the surface, just an object that said "the event is stable" I assume you need some equipment for this but goodness knows what.

With my other ship, after completing some planetary missions I decided to try something  new and tried following a distress signal with a cargo of medicines, electronics etc. It would take my ship 3 hours to get there so I set it running and went to bed, however when I got up this morning and found my ship was there the sos signal had gone from the navigation map, zip, nada, a big fat waste of fuel, indeed my ship seemed to be floating in deep space aimlessly.

If these signals expire after a while, well why not tell people that?

I then send my other ship off to a combat mission to be told "you need 50000 power" For goodness sake, another waste of fuel and time.  Couldn't the game have said that before! I spent the dam fuel getting out there?

this is quite frustrating! especially sinse I so much looked forward to exploring the galaxy.

I would ask on the Astro galaxy forum, but annoyingly   it isn't possible to register without going through the stupid capture.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-11-15 19:18:38

I think it's probably worth finding a way to get on the forum. I believe others have found a way to do so, or at least contacted the developer.

I can understand why you're disappointed, but perhaps there's another game mechanic at work. I haven't completed the tutorial yet, but fully intend to do so soon.

2015-03-30 23:05:14

Has anyone been playing this? I just saw the update that came out and was very interested in missions etc. But when I logged on, I couldn't remember anything about the game. I would love to be able to do the tutorial again. Does anyone know if this is possible?

2015-03-31 00:07:12

I don't believe you can redo the tutorial if you've ever finished it once, but I also got the interesting news about the update with missions etc.

I confess I seemed to run into problems being as I kept going to investigate sygnals and things weren't there, but I know Darren harris on the audeasy list has advanced quite a long way.