2014-11-10 14:38:39

The 'airlocks' command can now be used to both add and remove the destinations of the airlocks. That's right, one airlock can now have multiple inner hatches!

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2014-11-10 18:31:28

well in between salvage runs, one of which I lost out on due to exiting the ship too quickly, I tried out the sim again to get used to movement.
However, when trying to lock onto a ship, the coords don't update.  I posted about this yesterday but I don't think any admins were on at the time and I wasn't sure who to contact as this shouldn't be happening. 
Wonder if I am doing something wrong though.

Thumbs up

2014-11-10 19:25:42

Greetings!
Ah yes, the ship locks onto the target, however, it does not automatically change the lock as the target moves.

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2014-11-10 19:36:19

so just to clarify, I can focus to find out the location, target the ship in question, then when it moves, target those specific coords?
only I tried re-establishing a lock when it had moved after focusing again, and no luck.

Thumbs up

2014-11-10 19:37:42

oh and also, thanks stewie for the mush pack.

Thumbs up

2014-11-10 21:22:43

Hi.
I really want to play this game but I can't seem to connect to it has the address for this game changed?

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

Thumbs up

2014-11-11 00:16:16

Greetings!
No. As the first post states, our address is
server.inner-visions.org
port either
or

2014-11-11 18:12:04

Gretings!
The following comes from our latest change log entry:
LRL's are now installed separately into rooms instead of being a shipwide weapon. This also means that the recharge times and firing times are also set in a room by room basis.
Yes, that's correct, no more will you have to wait until that annoying person in the control room has finished firing, for instance!

2014-11-12 01:27:17

Greetings, everybody!
A few movement-related changes. There is now a new option in ship options which allows you toggle whether or not the destination list shows the coordinates as well when typing 'move' without arguments. The 'course' command has been updated to show both the destination name, if available, and its coordinates.

2014-11-12 04:30:14 (edited by Orin 2014-11-12 04:33:09)

Hi,
Can someone get on with fixing ships being un-enterable? I have a friend that has a transporter that he can't enter, and I have a Roid Finder Roiders Anonimus that also is unenterable, suffering from this airlock bug. For these issues, can we please have an airlockfix command in the airlock? apparently Jack Brookse is the only person who has the ability to fix it.

2014-11-12 07:19:26

Ok Orin I can understand why you posted a suggestion to hav an airlock fix command, I just really wish your question would've been a little nicer. Saying Can someone get on with fixing this stuff sounds a bit nasty in my opinion. Your right Jack is Basically the only one who can code stuff, and has provided this game free of charge for everyone to enjoy so how about we, realize that and change our approach to asking him to do things? Just saying.

Audio game king

Thumbs up

2014-11-12 18:24:25

Greetings!
We appologize for the recent airlock issues!
We are constantly looking at the problem, and discovered that you had bought the vessle before the fix. Therefore, we fixed your vessle for ya.

2014-11-12 22:45:39

Greetings!
Manual pilot has undergone a few changes.
*the +5 and -5 have been replaced with + and -, respectively. These new commands also work as navi directions.

2014-11-13 00:07:18

Greetings!
We have added a new option under the misc options category.
This one allows you to toggle whether or not you are notified when somebody raises their status.

2014-11-13 02:09:47

Greetings!
A new option has been created under 'Misc Options'.
This one lets you set the number of items per page in multi-page menus.
And our first-ever multi-page menu are our change logs.
Enjoy!

2014-11-14 00:04:20

Greetings!
The first level of our new group of activities is here. prometheus proudly presents:
Comet Harvesting!
The procedure is similar to asteroid harvesting, with a few exceptions. Please, read the comet harvesting help file for  more information.
This is not our only activity including comets, hence the words 'group of activities'.
Happy gass harvesting, and enjoy!

2014-11-14 01:18:38

Greetings!
Two new options has been added under 'misc options'.
These will toggle whether or not the change logs and help file lists are multi-paged.

2014-11-14 01:48:08

We're gonna die before we ever get through the immense complexity of this thing!  :d

I like it better and better all the time.  Now, if only I could stop lagging long enough to play comfortably.  right now there are times when excecuting one command can take a minute, no joke.  I thought it was my wifi; now I'm not so sure what it might be.  Ah well, keep up the good work, at any rate.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2014-11-14 03:31:22

Does someone have a link to the vipmud soundpack? Thanks

Take care, it's a desert out there.

Thumbs up +1

2014-11-14 04:47:51

Well I was gonna eat dinner and go to bed, but it looks like that's not gonna happen since I refuse to wait until morning to check out the new activity, that sounds totally awesome. First things first though, dinner!

Audio game king

Thumbs up

2014-11-14 18:31:09

Greetings!
The change below is pretty helpful when using the upgrade shopping program, found in your info computers' shopping menu.
The upgrade shopping program in the info computers now shows the needed status for all the found upgrades.
Enjoy, all!

2014-11-14 18:59:52

JJust a thought.

Do you guys accept donations? It may be time to switch to a dedocated server. It seems Most of the time I try connecting now the moo is down. Maybe look into mudmagic or something similar? I used them once and their prices are quite reasonable.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

Thumbs up

2014-11-14 20:48:04

Anyone know if there is an auto-targeting system for enemies? Just as I find the coordinates the enemy moves on me. Yeah, and I'd love a sound pack also!

Thumbs up

2014-11-14 21:15:21

Greetings!
The MOO going down recently has been due to attacks, not because of the server being unable to handle the game.

2014-11-15 02:47:49

It's easier to type aim "name of enemy" rather than typing "aim coords."

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up