2014-10-17 22:43:11

Hi all, I'm trying to create a text rpg for the blind but I'm having trouble with the coding programs that choice of games and choose your story had. Is there any easy coding programs that were made for the blind? I'm looking forward to hearing from All on this. Have a good day.

2014-10-17 23:36:56

Is tthere a small team I can putb together to help me build the game? I need to write more however, I need some help editing and cloding. My hope is that we can make this a paid game as well as have an ios version.

Thanks.

2014-10-21 20:56:39

Hi.  Inform 7 and python are relatively easy. I will join your team. Beware however, that I only know inform 7.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-10-27 11:08:44

Hello,
Have you considered trying out something like:
Rem'py
I don't know how accessible it is to create stuff, but it has some accessibility built in and if it is not what you like, you can add accessible_output to the source code as it is open for anyone to edit.
But the scripting language is based off of python, so should be super easy to use.

2014-10-27 16:27:28

I want to create something with Ren'Py, but I don't want to deal with pictures and the like, though that's exactly what you have to do since it's a Visual Novel engine.
Seems like the most versatile though if you're looking for more creative freedom to make something like a ChoiceScript game.

2014-10-28 20:19:04

I haven't made anything yet, but I think you can just put in placeholder images for the defaults. You don't need pictures at all.
If you have any ideas, you can either:
1. ask the developer to add a feature (I asked him to switch to accessible_output and he told me he is looking into it).
2. add a feature yourself.

You can totally make anything just about with this engine, you have direct access to python from the scripting language.

2014-10-28 23:49:56

First, let me again take this time to point out that accessible_output is not maintained but accessible_output2 is.
Second, this is being way, way, way overcomplicated.  Just use a terminal, print, etc.  You're going to be writing 90% of the code if you're serious about the RPG label, so you're just wasting time trying to learn these.  It doesn't even matter what language-if you know that, take it and go start.  It literally doesn't get easier, and there is no real shortcut here.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2014-11-06 02:53:37

I think Frastlin was talking about using Accessible_input2 for Renpy screen reader support, now this RPG.

2014-11-06 04:00:46

I am aware of this.  But the package came up again, and everyone seems to only know about the old one.  Which is not maintained.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992