2014-11-03 00:45:57

Hello therNot sure if this is the best place for this so mods please let mI am working with the JH core lambda moo database. I was wondering how to work with accents when someone speaks, as well as program something to have a scent, such as perfume, and for that scent to change based on the area you are in, like when you go into a different room. I can work with messages, but I can't seem to get things working correctly. could I please have some help?
Athena

2014-11-03 09:43:56

Hi,
Accents aren't hard. Add a .accent prop on the player, set it to whatever you like. In the verb :say, set it to say that the player speaks with this accent. For example:
this.location:announce_all(player:titlec(), " says in a ", player.accent, " accent, ", argstr);
Scents would be done the same way, accept you'd have to code a sniff/smell verb on $thing. Simply set it to say "this has no scent" if the property is blank.
I am, of coure, assuming you know some MOO code. If not, I would point you to this site, as it contains some very useful tutorials.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us