2014-10-31 05:19:16

hello!
hay is there any hosting service thingy here?
or, should i just do that with dropbox.

thanks!
my idea is a page without coding anything. If it's not there, i will see what's going on with it.
or how to make it fly with db.

see ya!

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2014-10-31 06:29:59

If by "here" you mean audiogames.net, the answer is no, we don't host files for people, however I'd recommend using a propper webpage rather than just relying on dropbox, sinse too frequently if a person doesn't have the specific account needed dropbox can be very temporary and if your posting game recordings, practice games or the like, you don't want them to be unavailable.  Also, your own page can be found by people outside this  website who don't read your topic, sinse there are is more to audiogames than just this forum.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-31 18:03:11

@dark.
OK friend, thanks! but i need a domain like www.example.tl or just like that. A domain for making webpages, that's what i mean.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!

2014-10-31 19:06:14

Free domains and free hosting are available but finding them is quite a challenge and many of them aren't really of the required level of quality. Domains will usually be subdomains, not full domains EG myspecialplace.somefreeprovider.org. Search these boards for a discussion of some options; this topic has come up quite a few times before now.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-10-31 19:50:50

i just want a web.
it could be www.mikee-studios.jimdo.com.
i just don't care about it unless i can pay my domain.

thanks anyways.

2014-10-31 20:16:58

If you pay you can get a nice name, otherwise you probably won't.

Web hosting, once you have your domain, is a separate issue. You could use Dropbox, but that's a bit dodgy. You could use one of the free web hosts, but that's maybe risky or full of ads. It's really complicated, until you start paying money--even if it's a very small amount of money, mind you.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-10-31 20:24:10

You can do it for $10 a year for the domain name and $5/month for the server.
I suspect your problem will be configuration, so you probably would want to look at shared web hosts.  Dropbox will end badly, I promise-assuming you're able to grandfather into the public folder, being popular will just cause them to take you down.  This was a problem with AAC, at least.  Doing a VPS is fine, but only if you know how all this works already.  I can't suggest anything for you as I am a VPS person, but you're not going to be doing this for free most likely.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992