2014-10-29 10:54:11

Hello everybody and thanks for your interest in Pontes Media Downloader.
Based on your feedback I updated the program to version 2, fixed some bugs and added some nice features.
Here's what's new in version 2.0
·         Added possibility to choose the source format from a combo box (for supported sites like youtube, dailymotion, vimeo, etc.
·         Added keyboard shortcuts for all menus
·         Added image thumbnail and video title in the main interface
·         Added option to download playlists in separate folders (enabled by default)
·         Added a checkbox to prevent playlist downloading
·         Redesigned Options and Supported pages windows
·         Added system tray notifications (can be disabled in options)
·         Added sound volume for notifications
·         Added a new notification if multiple source format is available for a video
·         The download engine (Youtube-dl) is updated automatically to the latest version each time you start the program
·         Bug fix: Settings are now remembered after program restart on 64 bit systems
·         Bug fix: Program does not hang anymore when downloading large playlists
·         Various other small bug fixes and interface changes.
You can find a list of all the keyboard shortcuts in the program's help file.

Download version 2 of Pontes Media Downloader from here

2014-10-29 11:55:27

hi.
Thanks for doing this.
I'm downloading now. I can't wait to check this out.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-10-29 12:07:02

Hi.
Just an update. Everything seems to be working fine and the program doesn't crash anymore when handling playlists. This is great and exactly what I need.

2014-10-29 12:28:02

Hi.
The program seems to work great but I have one question. In the next update could you make it so that when it comes to a video that the program is stuck on, it moves on and tries to download that file later? I had a file it was stuck on and it says it will take 41 seconds to download but it had been saying that for a minute or two. So I canceled the download since it wasn't moving. This programs great and I'll keep using it but if that could be added it would be great.

Thanks

And thanks for updating to version 2.

2014-10-29 13:22:36

Moderation!

Congrats on making the program, however this isn't a game so doesn't belong in new releases, as that part of the forum is for newly released games so I am moving the topic.

Does the program download stuff from youtube as mp3? I could use a program like that as there are a few things on Youtube I wouldn't mind perminant copies of.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-29 13:29:51

Hi dark.
yes you are able to download youtube files and convert them to mp3 format using this program.

2014-10-30 15:55:18

Hello nelucampean,
First, thanks for this great job, and over all, thanks for working to make a Youtube downloader accessible for blinds. I would be interested to know, Does it download at a high quality? for example, can I download a video which has a good quality at 320 KB PS? it would be awesome. Also it used to crash when I downloaded videos from youtube. So is it fixed? then if it's so, it would become my primar video downloader and converter.
Thank you.

2014-10-30 18:36:05

Hi Afrim.
I can tell you it's fixed. It downloads playlists, great. You can download the original video, or video playlist. Have it in mp3, m4a and other formats. You can also download multiple youtube and other site, clips at once. So let's say you had 3 pplaylists and wanted to download them at once, no problem! Just Alt key, down arrow then enter. And paste your first playlist. Press enter. paste the second, press enter and then the third.

This Program works great and is my primary program for downloading videos, and not only from youtube. Other sites too.

2014-10-30 20:48:52

Yo Brad,
Thanks for the informations. Gonna check it out.

2014-11-01 02:55:59

I had no idea this program existed.
I'm definitely gonna check it out. I currently use Free Youtube to mp3 converter, but it always makes you go to the website to download an update, uninstall the previous version, then install the new one, only to have to repeat the process in like 3 days.
So auto updating is a great feature, and it has me sold. I'll see how I like it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-11-02 14:53:05

wow, the program works great now.
thanks.

2014-11-02 16:15:12

hi. I a suggestion. if you can add a feature that you can play the video directly in this software that will be grate. thanks

2014-11-02 17:20:03

Hi.
I'm sorry but I don't see the point in that. Why not just download the video and play it once it's downloaded?

2014-11-03 12:01:55

For me the latest version works fine with youtube, other sites like dailymotion and vk.me don't work without the program crashing.

It does this every single time.

I'm glad I still have the older version, or I wouldn't be able to download turkish TV shows at all with this version.

If any turks want to test it, go to www.canlidizihd1.com and see if it crashes for you.

Luckily the previous version works fine.

If only there was a way for me to send the developer a log file I'd gladly do so.

Until then, I'll just continue using the older version.

2014-11-04 23:59:30

kool_turk wrote:

For me the latest version works fine with youtube, other sites like dailymotion and vk.me don't work without the program crashing.

It does this every single time.

Hello, kool_turk
I've just checked dailymotion and vk.com and here it worked fine. (vk.me redirected me to vk.com)
It is important to understand that Pontes Media Downloader uses youtube-dl for downloading videos and You might have used a version of youtube-dl that did not support downloading from these sites at that time. Youtube-dl is updated almost daily and Pontes media downloader updates it each time the program starts.
If you still have problems please send me the error at [email protected]. You can also send me some video links that did not work for you, If it is a program error I will try to fix it in the near future.
Best Regards
Nelu Campean

2014-11-06 12:09:28

Hello, again
Thanks to kool_turk, I\ve just coreected some minor bugs in Pontes Media Downloader that prevented downloading from some sites that are not officially supported by youtube-dl.
If you are using the program only for big media servics such as youtube you do not need to install the revised version (2.0.5423)
The revised version of the program can be found here

2014-11-07 06:11:19

Excellent, so far it works and no crashing.

I'll keep the older version around just in case, but so far it looks like I won't need to go back to using that version.

2015-01-01 12:37:04

Recommending KrojamSoft KingVideo

2015-01-01 17:08:43

Hi.

The site is kind of badly designed and the download link doesn't work.

2015-01-03 03:56:26

I just wish it had a youtube search and playwer in it. Or is there a program for that already?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-01-03 04:25:10

Hello.
You could try songr. At least I think that's what it's called. I'ven not used it in ages but you can search for songs and other things using it and it uses youtube.

2015-01-03 07:24:52

Yeah, Songr will do that, but downloading is slow.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-01-03 08:09:11

Hi.

True,then you could do what the poster who helped me with winff does. Which is download the videos using youtube.dl then converting them using winff. The only issue is the buttons aren't labled in the program but it's easy enough once you get used to it. It should take you five maybe ten mins to get used to the button layout.

This program will make copies of your video files, so let's say you had 3 files that were called, 1.mp4, 2mp4 and 3.mp4 It would make the same file with the mp3 extension. What I recommend you do, is go to your command line and once you've found the folder the videos are in; write, del *mp4 press enter and what that will do is erase all files with the mp4 extension. Warning! This will delete the files and they will not appear in your recycle bin so make sure you need to delete them before you delete something you didn't want to. I won't say don't do it like I've seen on other forums because I found out about it a couple days ago and think it's awesome, but be careful.

2015-01-03 22:48:44

Hi all. I have a strange problem with pontes media downloader. It crashes everytime when I am downloading a playlist on the conversion session.

2015-01-04 00:09:57

Oh, great! I never saw this Topic before. I have to check it out, sounds really nice. Since the Youtube to MP3 Converter is not so good as in earlier times, this sounds like the Thing I totaly need.

- JoeFoeGames
Visit
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
to be up to the latest News.