2014-10-26 16:39:09 (edited by PrometheusMOO 2015-01-12 02:40:46)

Prometheus: The eternal wars
The year is 2365. The galaxy of humans has undergone civil wars, revolutions and alien attacks, but never anything powerful enough to be comparable to what it now has against it. The race which has been given the name of the X-Loritans.
And the creatures of that race, the X-Loritans, or 'lores' as they are commonly referred to, are nasty creatures, not capable of feeling mercy of any rate. The humans and the pyrians fight against them something that seems to be an eternal war. Kill a lore, two come against you. Destroy a base, they capture ours.
The military of the galaxy, the Unified Task Force (UTF), fights at the frontline, pushing wave after wave of enemies backward. But even the officers are starting to get worn out. The battles show no signs of getting easier, in fact, the enemy seems to put more pressure against us than ever. Officers are shot in their sleeping quarters, half-built starship models are stolen from the shipyard without anybody to see the evidence of how it happened.
But we do have hope. The starship building industries has never had as many candidates as now, due to any pilot being able to customize their own starships!
Our arsenal is powerful. The Galactic Alliance of the Races, including humans and pyrians, currently has the following weapons:
short-range lasers invented by humans
long-range lasers invented by pyrians
missiles invented by humans
torpedoes invented by humans
beam cannons invented by both together
The races also have defenses, such as defensive shields and laser backfire plates. But so do the loritans. And their most feared model, the Assassin, has missiles...
Are you encouraged enough to enter this battle? Are you cool-headed enough to face the wrong end of a sniper and trust your luck? Do you go by the motto 'Friends are never left'?
If the answer of any of the questions was yes, do join us!
Our current host is:
prometheus-enterprises.com
port
We offer a various number of activities and time-passes, including:
*artifact hunting
*asteroid hauling
*asteroid harvesting
*combat missions
*debris salvaging
*horseback riding
*on-ground vehicle and gun fighting
*on-ground mining
*package delivering
*planetary engineering missions
*PVP fighting
*relic hunting
*shipwreck grabbing
*starship building - build your own, custom starships from the ground up, and even submit them for to be added to the stores!
*starship training
*a unique status system instead of one or many types of points!
*and more!

We do our best to provide a player-friendly game for everybody, and for that simple reason we do not have stunning, unlike many space-based muds do. Also, our administrators are constantly looking at, fixing and improving the activities, status systems, etcetera. Every suggestion gets looked at and considered.

Prometheus: the Eternal Wars: Where either us or the enemies will suffer.
P.S. Hopefully the older topic will be removed soon. The moderators have been notified.

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2014-10-27 14:57:18

We have added containers that can follow you around as a requestable Happy Days item, the next of which shall be held around Halloween.
We hope to see you there!

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2014-10-28 02:05:27

h   So u, I think the payout for intra planetary packages and the point payout should be lowered severely.  9+ mill credits and 20+ points per box that takes about 5 seconds to deliver is a bit much, even when other easy activities like passenger transports and the like give way less money and points compared to that.  Maybe slashing the payout rom 9 mill to 90k and from 20+ points to 0.2-0.8 points for status.  it's way too tempting to just spamm that to get your ranks up and a lot of money.

Other then that I'm enjoying the game a lot.  Keep up the good work!

Thumbs up

2014-10-28 09:08:35

Greetings!
Thanks for the feedback! We have adjusted the price and point rewards of delivering.

2014-10-28 12:11:49

Greetings!
Human teleportation has been added! Just type 'teleport' on any landing pad to begin. Enjoy!

2014-10-28 13:01:22

Hello everybody!
We have added ship-to-ship teleportation upgrade for humans. If installed, this enables the 'teleport' command in starship control rooms.
We hope you enjoy the game!

2014-10-28 15:20:25

You guys just keep impressing me with all the stuff you continually add and change up.  Hopefully i'll get more time to play this weekend. big_smile

Thumbs up +1

2014-10-28 18:32:43

I love this game so much. The community is friendly, the staff is willing to listen to suggestions, and all around its just a fun place to be. So I want to say, Thank You to Prometheus for all the time and effort he has   put into creating such a game.

Audio game king

Thumbs up

2014-10-28 22:13:56

Greetings!
Ship builders can now link rooms to have more than one exit to an existing one! This is a long-awaited feature!
To do this, you type 'roomlink <roomname>' in the room which you'd like to link with another one.
Enjoy!

2014-10-29 12:16:18

Gretings!
The 4-day Prometheus Halloween event is here! have fun being randomized as walking dead, or type 'htitle' and specify your own Halloween title!
We shall have ground enemy shooting missions, enemy spaceships that are turned into pumpkins, ETC.
Hope to see you there!

2014-10-29 12:46:48

Something you all have been waiting for! Combat vehicle training is alive!
Type 'vehicle' on any landing pad to begin, and 'give-up' in the training vehicle to end!
We also added a help file about this.
Enjoy!

2014-10-29 17:38:35

Oh wow I can't wait to try this!

Audio game king

Thumbs up

2014-10-29 19:04:10

methinks I'll skip out on the Halloween havoc, as it were, but this game just keeps getting better and better all the time.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up +1

2014-10-30 19:06:07

Greetings!
In case anybody missed the edits in post 1, our new server address is:
server.inner-visions.org
it's faster and a lot more secure than the vrstudios.net one.
Enjoy!

2014-10-31 10:54:21

Greetings!
We have some info command updates to bring to your attention!
The combat vehicle, starship, and mining vehicle sections now show their locations as well, and if you're renting a training vessle, it's now shown in the info command.
Enjoy, and happy Halloween 2014, everybody!

2014-11-01 16:37:42

Prometheus 1 November updates:
*A new command, 'shiplink', has been added to all vehicles in the game for you to master the linking of them.
*Pyrian translator names have been replaced with his, her or your translator when a pyrian says something with say message.

2014-11-01 20:25:44

Greetings!
A set of communicator-related updates.
*tr link personname now works galaxy-wide, meaning you can ask for links from anywhere!
*unblock and block personname on commname make you able to unblock and block people so that they cannot or can link with you.

2014-11-02 12:21:29

Greetings!
Wardrobes are now in as a choosable apartment room to hang your clothes in.
Additionally, baby beds are now implemanted, put babyname on bedname is the syntax.

2014-11-02 18:15:39

Greetings!
Just to let you know, floor color is now customizeable when building apartments. Furthermore, the lighting color and lighting type are now separated from each other in the building menu.

2014-11-03 12:52:45

Greetings!
Apartment security systems have just taken up a tonne of steps!
We have added a new, unique apartment fingerprint scanner system to secure rooms with.
Type 'fingerprints' anywhere except the foyer to begin!
P.S. The system secures the whole room, no matter how many entrances it has from other rooms, those'll all get scanners the recognized fingerprints of which you can control.

2014-11-03 13:43:08

The same fingerprints command is now available in private ships as well.

2014-11-04 17:03:12

Greetings!
The pilotting points scaling system has just been updated!
From now on, status bonuses are added up to each debris, each shipwreck parts, ETC; instead of adding them up to the total value.

2014-11-04 18:45:39

Do you guys still have a website? I've been to it before to check out game features, but I'm curious what makes this game different from Miriani and others? The fact that it has Asteroid Halling Salvaging etc just makes me think Miriani.

2014-11-04 18:52:01

Actually their are a few differences. First no stunning and stranding, Their is also a status system that Miriani doesn't have, PVP settings which allow you to enable-disable PVP, Relics which last time I checked, Miriani didn't have, Ship building, meaning you can build your own ships. 2 races to choose from when creating a character, an Out of character channel to talk out of character if one wishes to, Telliportation, a staff that actually is helpful to the players, etc.

Audio game king

Thumbs up

2014-11-04 22:35:56

As for the activities themselves, roid hauling doesn't actually require two people and extra equipment; simply buy a roid hauler or  a roid finder once you have the credits and points for it.  Roid haulers and finders differ in that one is faster than the other and has different weaponry.  There's also harvesting which is the alternative to asteroid mining on Miriani but much, much easier to understand, as well as shipwreck grabbing which Miriani does not have an equivalent to as far as I know.  The combat system is still another matter of interest that warrants a look at; I'd say it makes combat a lot quicker and more efficient altogether.
if all of this is not enough, you've got the people and the staff; the community is helpful and everyone is ready and willing to accept and welcome new members.  Features are added on a regular basis along with bug squashing and changes to other things that already exist when people make suggestions.  As I said on another topic, this is the perfect opportunity to get in on a game that has all of the potential of miriani and SC and more, and can become the envy of the space mudding community, provided that you're willing to submit an idea now and then, given that every idea is at the very least considered; I know a couple of mine have been.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up +1