2014-10-23 11:09:53

hello,
I have had my first dive in anmie with sword art online and I was blown away!
coud you please please pleas give me some recomentation of other similar anime with that blend of action romance and interesting plot?
I would be very nice if it was English dubbed too. if not I can work with Japanese also.

2014-10-23 12:50:33

I've not seen Sword Art online so don't know what genre it is.

As I've said before "anime" is a very miss used term sinse in Japan a lot of programs are animated from soap operas to cop shows and crime drama, it's not all action and romance.

If you let me know what genre of thing your looking for, Robot Scifi, space based, Giant mecs, ghosts and demons, historical Japanese, spy fiction, high school with weerd happenings or normal, or crazy powers, psycho drama, horror or comedy I can possibly suggest some anime as I've seen stuff in these categories which have been good, but just saying "anime" doesn't say much, sinse I've not seen this "Sword art online" that you mention so don't know what sort of thing that was.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-23 12:59:28

hoi dark,
sword art online is a anime about a guy how get stuck into a virtual mmorpg.
there hhe meets astuna which he falls in love with during the game.
the thing with this mmorpg is when you die in the game you die in real life too.
if you want more info you can look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online

I hope this helps defining it.
thanks in advance for the suggestions

2014-10-24 03:07:19

If you want a good blend of action and romance with a goodstory and great cast of characters, Rurouni Kenshin would be your best bet. An oldie but a goodie!

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-10-24 12:49:13

thanks for the suggestion!
I am watching btooom now and it is similar to sword art onlone all though the soundtrack is not that good and the story is far more about dealing with a difficult situation than about action and such.
also it does not grip me the same sword art online does.
I hope there are more suggestions coming smiles.
sofar I love anime at least what I watched sofar.

2014-10-24 13:01:04

I'm not sure which one you're talking about... what is btoom? Does it stand for something?

2014-10-24 13:25:02

Ryōta Sakamoto is an unemployed 22-year-old young man who lives with his mother Yukie. He is one of the world's top players of the combat video game called Btooom!. One day, he awakes in what appears to be a tropical island, though he does not remember how or why he has been transported there. While wandering around, Ryōta sees someone and calls out for help. The stranger responds by throwing a bomb at him. Ryōta soon realizes that his life is in danger and that he has somehow been trapped in a real-life version of his favorite game. In the game Ryota meets Himiko, who is another Btooom! player — and Ryota's in-game wife.

2014-10-24 13:48:31

Sounds like an interesting one, but not really my cup of tea. Another anime I would recommend is Jojo's Bizarre adventure, known in Japan as Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken. The action is hugely over the top, but the plot and characters are amazing... well shown, as the manga has been around for over 25 years and is now running an eighth part. What's awesome about is how characters describe what's happening through dialog, even during fights. Not dubbed, but if you can find a version with subtitles for km player to read you're good to go!

2014-10-24 15:09:33

I will take e a look at it. and I really urge you to watch sword art online! it really was amazing!

2014-10-24 15:16:13 (edited by assault_freak 2014-10-24 15:16:47)

Sword art Online I've heard is good, but it's very hard to top Jojo and Rurouni Kenshin for me. Those are my two favorites, probably of all time... I'll give it a watch when I have time though!

2014-11-06 05:39:20

I wish there was somewhere where I could get the second season of Sword Art Online, which is currently being aired. I can get the dang thing on my Apple TV but that doesn't help me. What is KmPlayer, and how can I find stuff that works with it?

2014-11-06 06:01:16

Look on any sites that deal with torrents for stuff coming out of Asia... and the latest episodes should be uploaded somewhere. KM player is essentially a media player, buut with the ability to read soft subtitles aka .srt files out loud using sapi. The .mkv file format also supports reading of subtitles embedded into the video though how this works is beyond me. It isn't that hard to find... since most subtitled anime will be in .mkv format for storage reasons.