2014-10-20 11:46:34

Hi.
Is anyone else noticeing a problem when plugging inthere Iphone to the latest version of ITunes?

For me the program seems to freeze or the window disappearswhen i alt tab to the Itunes window it just says desktop window.

Is there anything I can do, or do i have to downgrade and if so, how do i do it?

Thanks.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-10-20 12:21:44

Hi Brad.

If I remember rightly your using supernova? With supernova you might need to make sure that Supernova is using the correct map file, sinse Itunes is one occasion where you can't get by with the default map and need the specific Itunes one.

It's fairly easy to do, once you've got Itunes running, go to the supernova control pannel and to the file menu, new and then select new map, find the Itunes map in the list and vuala!

I've had to do this with several versions of Itunes eleven, sinse though the map was the same supernova's only went up to version 10 and needed setting manually for the later Itunes versions, though I notice sn now has a version eleven map specifically so that should be fixed.

It's funny sinse usually with supernova you don't need to worry about map files at all and can get on with the default, I blaime it on the stupid screen layout of Itunes with it's silly trees and elements chucked all over the place that you can't really do anything about.

I'm hoping that the ability to do direct file transfer in Ios 8 will mean I don't have to use Itunes to transfer books and music onto my phone, and can just copy the folders over the way I would with any ordinary mp3 player, but we'll have to see.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-10-20 12:44:46

Hi.
@dark thanks for the info but, I'm using NVDA.
The only problem I'm having is that I am unable to sink my apps, music and other things from my phone to my laptop.

I can't wait to be able to transfer my music and other things from one place to another like in the old days with MP3 players.

2014-10-20 17:02:51

but you can transfer your music by just copying it to my music\iTunes\automatically add to titunes media. I hope I remember the path of the folder correctly.
so you can go into this folder and paste any song you want and if sincing of music is set to automatic the songs will be copied to your phone.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2014-10-20 17:43:20

Hi.
Thanks for that awesome tip. I didn't know that.

2014-10-23 17:28:59

You can, but I have a feeling you need to launch ITunes to do that. That seems to be the problem Brad is having. Generally i have to wait a few minutes for ITunes to fully load. Optionally you can end ITunes.exe and associated process, then re-plug-in the phone to your uSB and try again. Or you could launch ITunes prior to plugging in the phone.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.