2014-10-18 14:46:06

Hello everybody,
I am a fan of android OS and as you may have been told, android 5.0 or android L (lollipop) has been recently released. Currently I am using a Samsung device built-in android 4.4.2, it’s working great with talk back, and I would like to know something more about the accessibility on android 5.0 or android L.
I’ve searched a little on the internet about this, but no results were found except the changes in the notification panel, and a large number of other changes and improvements in other apps.
So, if you have the time, please share any information with me and possibly find me an article which best describes the changes or improvements of the accessibility on android L.
Every answer is highly appreciated.

Wish you all a good time!

2014-10-19 23:40:01

http://www.jjhof.com/androidpodcasts/index_all.php

Follow me on twitter.
@JAAAAAAY101

2014-10-20 05:37:06

Hi.
I'm an Iphone user and think I always will be.
So I have a question, apart from the fact that android is cheaper, from what I'm told. Why would a person choose Android over apple?

I Don't want to start anything here so I'll just say from hearing the newest podcast I'm still sticking with apple when my upgrade is due. Actually I'm going to get the Iphone six in a couple weeks.

So in your opinion, why is android better or why did you choose android? Thanks for answering my question.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-10-20 17:05:53

a few things,1. flexibility. 2. third party apps:plenty and more. 3. future lies(I think)with android. 4. way, way cheaper! 5. I don't see Iphone offering any aditional feature at such a high price. 6. it's better suted for tinkerers(I'm one). that's of the top of my head, I'll add as and when I think of others.

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2014-10-21 13:22:50

Yeah, he’s right. The most important thing is that it offers many opportunities to install lots of third-party apps. Something that doesn’t exist on iPhone for some programs. For example, you will be stuck at safari or built-in audio player of iPhone. I heard this from some other users but I know that there might be such other music players for iPhone a part from the one it has built in. And the most important thing, it’s that android with it’s devices is really really much cheaper than iPhone. I’m not willing to spend 850€ for a phone. Me and my parents would have to work hard for an iPhone 5, and even harder for iPhone 6.

2014-10-22 04:14:48

Hi.
Ah I understand.

I'm going to stick to Iphone for now since I know that phone and that it works for me.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-10-22 12:56:19

So this is the reason why I use android, and just to inform everyone, accessibility on android is not as bad as you all think. It has lots of improvements recently and there will always be. So far, I found only a program that talk back couldn't manage to read, and that one was a game "Kandy crush", that my bro plays it frequently. Others work very exclusively.

2014-10-22 16:42:19

well, there're apps inaccessible with talkback, but then, there're websites inaccessible with IE. smile

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2014-10-22 20:39:05

samsung's webbrowser is not such accessible as well.

2014-10-23 17:56:56

no, what I ment was, there will always be inaccessible content, unless the app developers suddenly decide to focus on accessibility.

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2014-10-24 15:30:05

yeah right