2014-10-16 00:32:14

Hi,
i installed foobar2000 because it was recommended by lots of users here. I have to say, it's fantastic. I have choosen the full Installation with all optional Features included. My question now is, are there Equalizer presets available as well? I only saw a lot of sliders but haven't yet tryed what they do, if possible, i wanted to Play around with some presets, like virtual soround, jazz, Dance, movies etc.
Thank you for your answers.
Best regards
Niklas

2014-10-17 02:58:33

Ah, and can anybody explain how the Equalizer generally works? That would be nice as well, since i can navigate and Change the percentages with tab and the Cursor keys. Now I don't know if that are different sliders or only one. Thanks for your help.

2014-10-17 10:39:30

With the exception of the equalizer located in my DSp manager I didn't know there was one.  If you're referring to that one, then yes there are several sliders that all control the sound but they don't snap immediately to whatever you set them to.  Perhaps the best way to test what you're hearing is to determine a set value for all of them to start off with and go from there; I recommend 50.  That first slider may cause some strange results if you set it to anywhere above 50, almost sounds like compression.  IN this case, the lower the numbers are, the more you are actually raising the setting.  So if you want more base, you'd slide it up to 30 from 50 and so on, the highest value being 0, the lowest 100.  if there are any presets I haven't found them yet, though admittedly I never mess around with foobar's settings much myself; I usually control sound externally rather than settling for computer simulations.  Obviously This isn't for everyone, so if you need any further assistance I'll be happy to look further into this matter.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2014-10-19 03:36:03

Thank you, but my Problem is, i don't know how to Switch between the sliders, since NVDA gives only numbers to me. I mean the Equalizer in the foobar Settings itself.

2014-10-19 07:30:07

I believe the sliders are labelled with numbers as frequency values if that helps.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.