2014-09-20 11:44:07

Hi, I am encountering skype crashes since 3 or 4 days ago. I launch skype, it behaves normally for a few seconds, then comes up with skype not responding. I click close, it then displays the following error:
Access violation at address 70314778 in module 'ieframe.dll'. Read of address 00000000.
If I alt tab away from the window and come bak, the window becomes uninteractable and I can't do anything. Please  help me.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-09-20 14:50:15

Skype for windows has always had this problem. First of all, which version of windows are you running?

2014-09-20 17:49:38

Hi, I have just fixed the problem by uninstalling the program via revo uninstaller, deleting skype folder from appdata\roaming\skype and appdata\local\skype then reinstalling the program.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-09-21 07:10:55

hahahaha, you were so lucky, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it again, more than 5 times, and it didn't fix the problem. Anyway, I suggest to turn on accessibility and keyboard shortcuts, but for a more accessible skype, use skype talking or scripts.

2014-09-21 11:43:55

Hi did you also delete the folders i nentioned?

2014-09-21 14:12:05

deleted everything, and definitely it won't resolve the problem.
Wish you all a good time!

2014-09-21 14:12:26

Is Revo uninstaller different from the native Windows uninstaller?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-21 15:01:52

Yes, it is. It scans leftover files after and before uninstallation, and it tries to delete leftover registry entries too.

2014-09-21 15:06:06

Ah, and same thing happened to me again. Well I'm not gonna deal with it. I wish I could screw skype and move on, but I have lots of friends there. Sorry but I have to say this: screw you microsoft

2014-09-30 17:06:42

Hi y'all,
Well, since I wanted to figure out how to remove a programme without having to depend on third-party resources when there was already one at hand, I did a quick search on the internet and came up with this article, to which Revo is mentioned as being one of many programmes claimed to remove every ounce of the software you previously uninstalled. http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely- … -software/

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-30 21:19:11

Hi, since I am afrade of messing up my registry, Im still using revo uninstaller, it's better than nothing I guess.

2014-10-02 21:08:50

So there is no way to fix this Skype problem?
Its been happening to me as well. Every once in a great while I can log on, and the program acts as it should, but 9 times out of 10 it just closes.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-10-02 21:56:16

I don2t think there is. just removed skype and deleted all registry entries and reinstalled, nothing helped.

2014-10-05 16:57:53

Hello,
It has been doing the same to me. I thought it was because I couldn't update, my internet network blocks the skype download page and authorization page, but I guess that is not the problem.
How do the skype talking and whatnot scripts work? Do they work with NVDA?
I have never had any accessibility problems with skype till now and I wouldn't call this accessibility related, more OS related and should be reported.
What I have found is in the 3 seconds I have, I can call someone and then it crashes, but I'm still on the call. When it is time to hang up, the other person hangs up and I'm able to use task manager to remove it.

2014-10-07 01:00:01

I don't even get that far. It opens, plays the sign in sound, and then almost immediately freezes, then I get the standard, windows is checking for the solution to the problem...
So I never even make it to my contact list, let alone am able to make a call.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-10-07 12:45:02

Well, Microsoft sucks at this thing.

2014-10-07 18:20:11

I'm glad in a way that I'm not the only one having this problem.  though it seems to be fine occasionally...

2014-10-09 09:10:56

Yeah. If I log in 10 times in a row, I might get it to work on the 10th try.
But who really wants to do that, when a program should just work?

2014-10-13 12:56:40

turn off jaws, turn on Skype, turn on jaws.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2014-10-20 08:50:40

Wow. That's backwards, but it works.
So something got screwed up really badly in Jaws, then? It's funny, there haven't been any Jaws updates recently.
Another annoyance I've noticed lately is the fact that, when I log onto my computer, as soon as I enter my password and hit enter, Jaws starts blabbing nonstop about reassigning Skype hotkeys. I really don't know why this is.

2014-10-21 11:27:02

O-T:, is the revo uninstaller accessible? because I tried it a while ago, the accessibility seems to have issue.

2014-10-25 00:10:30

Yes, if you use your jaws cursor to activate some of the buttons.
Not sure how it is with other screen readers, I haven't tried it.

2014-10-25 09:37:10

Oh well, I'll try it again when I have time.