2013-11-06 01:01:06 (edited by FamilyMario 2013-11-06 01:01:59)

Hi all! I was wondering, is there an APK file for the Vocalizer TTS engine? If so, where can I download it. I would also like to get some voices to go along with it. Thanks in advance.

2013-11-06 03:19:53

oh it sure does. it actually either just came out, or i kind of found it recently. not really sure which one. probably both. lol
get it
here.

you can follow the readme and you should be able to do it. its not hard.  but if not. well... i guess we can help someway. if you really need it.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2013-11-07 00:32:36

Thanks for the link. It works.

2014-01-27 09:45:17

This link does not work please make a new one

I make podcasts for the VI cast podcast. The VI cast covers demo's of audio games, apps and programs for windows and android.

2014-01-27 19:56:48 (edited by FamilyMario 2014-01-28 15:27:04)

I'll make a new link for you. Just remember that that link is for version 2.0.3f. The link I'll give you is for 2.0.3i, not 2.0.3f. The link I will give you I believe is the latest version of this driver. Make sure to read the readme file for causions and instructions when using this driver.

EDIT: Here's the link! Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/218 … ndroid.zip

2014-01-27 22:52:48

FamilyMario, the link never got posted. Please edit your post, if you don't mind.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2014-01-28 15:28:41

I already posted my link. I believe it's in the fifth post or something.

2014-02-01 08:45:15

Is there a changelog for these releases?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2014-02-01 20:01:19

No, not that I know of, but one thing you might already know is that Compact voices aren't gonna be supported, much to the dismay of some people I know. You can only use Premium High voices when you download voices from the Vocalizer for NVDA Website. Here's a fun fact here: The developer who made this app was also planning to port Eloquence to Android, but the project was calceled, sadly.

2014-02-02 06:48:17

I got a Moto G a couple days ago. I copied the .APK and vocalizer X folder to the root of my phone and got Astro file Manager as recommended in the readme. Astro file manager is not very accessible with Talkback and I'm using Android 4.4.2. Indeed I can't find the folders and files on my phone, just different locations like local network, dropbox, google drive, SkyDrive etc. Can anyone suggest a truly accessible Android file manager?

Also, I want to use another English US vocalizer voice. Since the language folder inside Vocalizer X folder is ENU, and its subfolder is "Speech" as is the voice I want to use, so does this mean I can only have one US English voice installed on the phone at a time? If I can have multiple US English voices, such as Aaron and Samantha, could someone let me know how to do this?

Thanks.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2014-02-03 11:57:19

Gah! We could have had eloquence on android. I could have had the golden days of super fast generally nice sounding speech back. I could have gone back to using my phone on public transport  without people in my general area cocking their heads to listen in. Why do crap things happen to good people. Anyway... Astro file manager worked for me. You will notice that if you flick left from the name of each location on your phone that there is an image, you have to click the image. In my case I clicked the image next to sdcard 0 which is the internal storage on my HTC 1. After that  everything is straight forward. Just scroll down and double tap the apk. I also got two voices up and running but they were different languages. I'll mess about later on and see if I can get two of the same language working. I suspect it won't be too hard at all.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2014-09-15 17:21:16

hey the vocalizer link does not work. can you please send one to the email address joshknnd1982 at gmail dot com   
thanks

2014-09-15 18:46:00

You can use Ivona High-quality voices, also, there are some voices called something like Xvox, but they are paid apps, and also, the best one, the eloquence, with a really clear and much comprehensive voice.

Please guys post links which are related to the latest or those versions which are above 4.0, because android versions 2.3 or a little newer like 3.0 are just abit inaccessible and out of date.
Also, I've got mobile accessibility with crack, not the whole application, but only the screen reader. if anyone is interested in those I could help with, please comment in the next comments and I'll be ready and much glad to help anyone who's in need of help.
Just not to forget, I also got the eloquence with crack, I tried it in some phones, and it works really really great.

Wish you all a good time!

2014-09-15 18:51:47 (edited by afrim 2014-09-15 18:53:02)

Also, just to add something, the links posted above in the older comments are not working. it shows "dropbox 404", please upload them in any other address which has no issues. I would suggest Mirrorupload.net, or if you know another, please upload there.
Suggestion: Google Drive

2014-09-17 00:57:33

@afrim I know this wasn't covered clearly in the rules, but it's somewhere in the f a q. Even though software cracks aren't really as much as a no go as audio game cracks, we still can't talk about those as we risk getting the site in legal trouble. What if code factory saw this? Please keep that in mind.

2014-09-17 11:55:46 (edited by afrim 2014-09-17 11:57:47)

Since I don't know any person here, I had no other choice. for this reason I posted that comment. if anybody wants to contact me send any e-mail after the comment text. I will be happy to help anyone here, and, hope they are offline smile

2014-09-18 00:22:31

Âafrim That doesn't matter if they are offline or not, and you shouldn't wish for things like that just to put your hopes up about things like this. Besides, it's not just the mods in this case. Anyone can find this and code factory could sue a g net if they find this so just don't waste your breath with things like that.

2014-09-18 00:28:42

You should take a closer look at the f a q it's in the site and forum feedback forum I believe. I know it is long but it's worth the read. Since you are new here, I don't know if you read it.

2014-09-18 07:30:33

Moderation!

While I appreciate Jack and co trying to obey the rules, what Afrim has actually done here is exactly correct.

Anyone  associated in any sense with audio game piracy or cracks will be in deep trouble it is true, sinse the purpose of this forum is promoting accessible games. With respect to other copywrited stuff though, books, music software etc, the rules i is a little less stringent because there are cases where for example something isn't available in a certain country. However to prevent the forum from getting into trouble we can't have people posting cracks directly.

What should be done in that case is discussion should be taken off the forum, as in fact Afrim did by stated she/he used a crack of the mobile accessibility program and asking people to e-mail him/her for further discussion.

Obviously this is a graded scale and if someone posted a topic saying "e-mail me and I'll give you lots of cracks" we'd need to do something about it, but in this case sinse the comment was related to another issue under discussion I don't think there is too much need to worry so long as the discussion of cracks is kept to a minimum and isn't the major focus ofhe discussion as I believe to be the case here.

Be aware however, that the same does not apply to audio game cracks at all! and anyone passing aroundor asking for hose is a very serious matter indeed!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-09-18 13:28:26

Hi again,
I have read the rules before I registered here, but indeed thought it wouldn't be an enormous problem to worry about. Anyway, if you call this against the rules, you can delete the comment, or I can do it myself. However, sorry for any inconvenience, and I do promise that these kinds of comments will be posted again on the forum, not by me, that is for sure, but there  are a majority of people who do not respect the rules, or who do not know the others here and want to help them because there aren't maybe such other ways to help them. That's what I did even though I totally know the rules.

2014-09-18 15:09:55

The faq is actually pretty clear on this, and indeed is being rewritten to be clearer still so if you want some information I suggest you look there.

I'm not sure if your "most people do not respect the rules" comment is correct Afrim, sinse generally speaking the rules exist for a reason and we've tried to make the reasons such rules exist as clear as possible so that when myself and other moderators need to act on something, people understand why, and at least for the 8 years I've moderated this forum that seems to be the case most of the time, indeed if you want to discuss any of the rules your welcome to do so, though I suggest starting a new thread.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-09-18 15:43:31

Hello there guys,
I have a little question that's slightly off topic but its related to voices on phones: is there any ways to get Eloquence and ESpeak on iPhones? I'm using an iPhone3gs, if that helps. Can anyone answer please?

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-09-18 17:20:32

generally, it may not happen here, but in every forum, as well as in the real life, you will find people who do not respect the rules. I've seen in many forums  where people are prevented to do such things that damage  the server, or act totally against the rules, such as entering on the server using VPN and spamming all around the server, even though they’re worned many times. So in every server you will find people who do not respect or do not care about the rules, correct me if I’m wrong?
Just to make clear, I’ve read the rules on here more than three times, and I knew exactly that posting links which provide cracks or any other trick related to games and other apps is forbidden.
Anyway, I wish you a good work on this forum.

2014-09-19 01:39:14

Get vocalizer at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141 … ndroid.zip

2014-09-19 11:55:20

Really thanks!