2014-09-05 01:38:40

Hey guys what are some of the wierd stuff or interesting things you have found on a new braille note? Like anything doesn't matter files, documents, recordings, or stories.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2014-09-11 06:11:34

I once found a romance/erotica novel that a previous user had gotten from Book Share, as well as several science assignments related to things like Food Energy etc. Also I have found Zcode games and music.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-09-11 07:00:01 (edited by Sebby 2014-09-11 07:01:28)

Fortunately, erasing the BrailleNote is possible using an (undocumented, naturally) command.

My BrailleNote Apex now does exactly two things: act as a braille terminal, and play z-code games.

Edit: OK, four; it also tells the time, and looks up words in its dictionary.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-09-11 12:40:47

One time I found a math assignment buried in a textbook, and the person who wrote that assignment had terrible spelling. They wrote surface area as s]fus >1 in braile. Another time, I was given a Braille and Speak Scholar, and it had a bunch of phone numbers on it.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-11 19:23:52

A bit unrelated, but has anyone with an Apex try the new Nemeth support?  I'm interested in what happens when a file with Nemeth is sent to a printer.  People say that it prints as words, but I'm not exactly sure what that means.
If this is indeed the case, then it's pretty sad that HumanWare didn't try using MathType, as, surely, that would be far more readable to a teacher, colleague, etc?

2014-09-11 19:26:36

Ah, the Braille and Speak. An ancient notetaker, but a stepping stone for notetakers to come. Without the Braille and Speak, There would probably be no Braille note.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-09-13 17:45:30

Grate reply guys, I put a lot of zcode games on mine from the IF archive so someone who has mine now gets all those games.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2014-09-13 18:33:15

Cool.

2014-09-15 05:58:17

Lol, I think your initial question should have been, what are some of the wierd things you've found on a new (to you) but actually refurbished BrailleNote. Thanks to this thread, I don't intend to get a braille note repaired, think of the poor condition your "new one"'s battery might be in?

2014-09-15 18:46:18

2 things:
1, lol you don't have to read this it's just a silly question
at poster 4, or whoever found the phone numbers did you call them?

2, the more serious one, what's xcode?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2014-09-16 10:01:40

I think they meant Z-code, which is used in text adventures, like on Frotz for the iOS device. Actually they were numbers of some of my acquaintances who hung out in their own group of friends. I was never in their group but I got acess to their phone number Even though the file was password protected, I found a way around that by pasting the items from the clipboard. Those Scholars, and the blazie engineering notetaers in general had major security flaws

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-09-17 02:54:27

One time my sister got 1 from her school that was so full she couldn't do anything with it. It had a lot of books, and a really weird love song that someone at her school wrote called let me no, or something like that. Yes spelled that way. the only line I remember fully was "I want to hear you moan" o, and it also had something about I remember you at ccb, so I presume it was someone who had been to the Colorado center for the blind. After reading other things on it including her version of on Top of Old Smoky that I something about smoking crack, my mom thought it came from Some Girl called Courtney. lol

someone at the school I went to found a folder called Junk and a file called Boy in that folder, but they had erased everything before giving it back to the school.

I'm kind of sad someone took the drinking song out of the apexes though, that was pretty funny.

2014-09-17 05:01:32

What drinking song was this though? Unless it's the one about smoking or whatever, but lol that was funny. I don't think I had anything like that happen to any of the stuff I borrowed though.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy