2014-08-29 06:11:03 (edited by frastlin 2014-08-29 06:12:20)

Hello,
Does anyone know any good word press tutorials that deal with using word press with a screen reader?
I just spent 4 or 5 hours trying to learn how to use it and I kept banging my head against the wall in frustration because things didn't work how I thought they would and it took for ever to find the link I wished to use.
Also, for testing, I couldn't find a nice:
<html>
<head>
<title>My word press test site</title>
</head>
<body>
content
</body>
</html>
theme to test with. All theems I found had all kinds of **** on them and the preview was not very easy to use, so I couldn't power through them.
A Google search for "basic html theme" came up with one, but I haven't installed it yet.
I'm really not happy with using a CMS, but if I ever wish to make a "sighted person" acceptable website, I'll need to either learn CMS really well (some how), or use a CMS. A CMS looks to be the best option and I've seen many blind people use WP.
So what is so nice about this thing? It's just been pain up too this point for me.

2014-08-31 17:01:23

Here's one. http://www.wordpress4badeyes.com/ In case you can't find it, or the link is broken, search for WordPress For Ba Eyes.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy