2014-08-30 04:52:06

I just join the folder, and it is fun!
thanks!

2014-09-02 14:24:56

Yeah it is. Good thing they put this mirror together to replace the website versions of the DECtalk archive. The skit with the Votrax and the DECtalk Express arguing actually came from YouTube. It is a parody of the Monty Python skit, called the argument skit. The Willow Pond TTS Speak Windows was actually the one I found on the web. The only thing I changed was writing the ReadMe file. That's pretty much all I've changed from it.

2014-09-02 19:04:42

also, everything in the nicholas McColm folder is mine. I'm pretty happy with what I did. my favorite is the there are 7 days wav with vocaloid singing it. that was the first thing I did with vocaloid.file,

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-09-03 03:19:24

I found a song was missing from the misk folder though. I couldn't write the title of the song here. when I write that word out, the forum will mark that as spam. big_smile

2014-09-03 14:13:28

Oh I found one song missing as well. In fact, I have Jayson Smith's copy of the archive which I downloaded from his site, and it includes some songs missing in the Misc folder as well.

2014-09-03 14:51:23

not sure if we have just read only key, but if not, you can upload it there.

check out my instrumental music at http://ondrosik.bandcamp.com

2014-09-03 14:54:39

Maybe it is going to be a read only key.

2014-09-03 16:10:38

Yes, it is a read-only key. You have to send your files to Carlos Fernandez, who runs this archive, if you want your files to appear on other people's computers. To send them to him, send your file or files to [email protected]. You must state who you are and what artist name you want to use. If he doesn't know who you are, he is less-likely to upload your creations, and if he did, they would go in the misc folder. If your file or files are small, you can attach them to the email. If they are large, I'd recommend using Dropbox and give him the links to the files.

2014-09-03 19:11:22

they should make it a non read only key. I didn't know that, so I created the foler myself and they didn't appear in the folder.

-id software, 1995

2014-09-03 22:53:00

Hi.
I understand those that are getting frustraited with not being able to write to the folder.
And I understand why you would want a public key.
And I have even seen  how this could be used as a colaberative effort.
Sadly its also a curse.
People will abuse it, uploading videos, cracked software, viruses and the like they may e even destroy your stuff.
This is what got me out of the games central folder.
Lots of stuff was being uploaded, abandond projects, but also stuff that I knew full well was online.
At least one or 2 cracks I know of not to mention a bunch of files and other spams.
It got to the point where someone deleted the entire folder which at that time was 5gb and I was to scared to run to many programs because I was scared of viruses.
I had no choice but to remove myself from the swarm and then delete the folders off my hard drive.
And while as I said it may look good to write what you want you will have the same issue as a dropbox folder.
worse you never know who will join.

2014-09-04 03:07:00

Giving out a read only key could be safe. if giving out a public key, oh well, people will upload that doesn't related to dectalk.

2015-02-17 00:53:03

How can I make monolog read from the clipboard?

2019-02-18 07:58:28

Is this still a thing?

Asking mainly because Resilio seems to hate me and complain about me not using the latest Chrome/Firefox even though I am, so not going to bother trying beyond that if it isn't active anymore, since I'll never use it for anything else.

2019-02-19 12:00:35

It is indeed active. I hear you there regarding the thingy, try installing it as a service instead. Or just use the old BT sync app. But yes, the folder is active, and the key does work. I tried it a week or so ago.

2019-02-19 18:21:04

It is still active in terms of people still sharing it, but no content has been added in several years, and I can't find the owner anywhere, several emails to the dectalkarchive email address have gone unanswered.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-02-19 18:38:16

is anyone going to add the tts preschool album to the archive?

-id software, 1995

2019-02-19 18:46:43

Well, this topic brings back memories.
I'm not sure what happened to Carlos and if he's still around, but I'm happy to ask around on the dectalk mailing list if it would be useful.
Cheers,

Daniel

2019-02-19 20:27:50

Wait, which carlos maintained it? Is it the guy who made virtual recorder, the PE images, and all that stuff?

2019-03-09 14:22:47

Awesome! I will give this a try. Hoping I can get this to work, since all the stuff I had used to disappear due to a hard drive dying and me not getting around to actually mirroring it somewhere in time, so this should have a good bit I imagine.

Never saw the replies because it got moved down so fast in the list of topics. lol

Thanks for confirming.

2019-03-09 18:11:29 (edited by Still_Standing 2019-03-09 18:13:35)

a question? can i include that stuff incide the tts folder i've created in bt sync, not all of thee stuff

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-03-09 19:51:55

Since no one has replied, @42, that could be useful, but I tried asking before and got no replies. @43, I think it's a different Carlos.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!