2014-08-19 19:06:01 (edited by jack 2014-08-19 19:16:23)

Problem, is the samnet socializer is not free, so yet again another facebook client that's paid! And I feel we have valid reasons to complain about socialize. Skype users can use skype talking just fine, I find it better anyway. But social eyes is yet another typical blindy ghetto scam, as is usually the case with products like screen readers. If facebook is free, then why should blind users have to pay? Sure, yu can get some accessibility under things like m.facebook.com, but those sites aren't as fully featured as the full fb site. Call this overreacting, but me being a person to stand up to anything I am officially starting a complaint move. I will contact facebook and ask them to change the guidelines for paid clients. If the developer s want to make paid clients. There must be a free, trimmed down version or full version could be like a premium version with some extras, but the free version at least has the core functionality out of the network. If they fail to comply with this, we will give you a warning, and if it happens again you shal pay a fine! Got it? Good! I hope they agree with me on that because these blindy ghetto scams are getting worse by the generation! If this plan goes how it should, sure, I might be hated by gw squared, but I don't care, it'll be a good thing for the people I know that would like to have free fb accessibility!

2014-08-19 21:18:12

I will kill the president of gw crap but it's an enemy gw enemy hahahahahahaha!

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2014-08-20 01:57:54 (edited by Chris 2014-08-20 02:13:33)

Is this fleesy product going to be shareware?
Damn it!
Why do all these damn companies think that blindies must pay pay pay pay pay them god damn money for everything they do.
I'm so sick of this crap!

Ok, sorry for the rant but this is making me more angry than you can probably imagine!
I don't know if it's anger, or just, I don't know, sadness?
As for skype for Windows, I used to not think it was very usable, but I guess it's pretty usuable from comments on here and from others I have talked to using Skypefor Windows.
I prefer skype on OS X though.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-08-20 03:26:37

I will kill you MS GWGLaDOS or GWMierda! pay pay pay pay pay pay and pay this fucking products and kiss your ass GW! I will kill you matherfucker! get out of here! my little crap of my crapy GW crapconect! here die die die die die die die gw enemy! hahahahahahaha! only the strong will survive! o yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!

2014-08-20 08:56:28

Seriusly, guys, please come down a bit or I'm forced to say something which I'll regret later on.
You hate the companies who are trying to make Facebook and other things accessible, because you have to pay for the products. I have told you that Skype and facebook are accessibel right out of the box, but you are still complaining. So, what exactly are your issues accept for you hate the companies who trys to make accessible alternatives? If you hate those products and companies so badly, just shut up, and don't use their products, and use the normal Skype and a combination of the normal Facebook page and the mobile page and you are good to go!
So please, shut up, take a deep breth,  don't use the products you hate, and learn how to use the normal interfaces. If other blind people world wide can do it, you can do it as well. But if complaining is all what you wanna do, I'm done here in the topic.
If you need any help with Facebook, please ask. I have been there myself regarding to Facebook. I was unable to set up my profile as I wanted to, and it all was out of control. But then they changed some things which made it more accessible, and I was up for learning how it works. I'm now using Facebook successfully, and I have made a group for danish, norwegian and swedish people for blind people, where we help each other and discusses Facebook accessibility. The group is not in english and will never be, because then some people wil be left out because they aren't good at english. But if people are interested, I could create an other group ment for english speaking people, which discusses the accessibility and offers help to better understand how it all works.
So, screw the blindy interfaces when you hate them so badly, and welcome to the real world!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-08-20 16:21:31

I also really don't understand why the people are always complaining instead of doing something, learning how to use the normal software for example.
I'm using the latest version of skype, and I can say it's 100% accessible.
I never encountered any accessibility issues with it.
Same for facebook. In the last time, they made a lot of updates to the mobile version, and now I can do almost everything except a few minor things which aren't so important.
So, people, learn how to survive and stop complaining, because it won't help you at all.

2014-08-20 19:53:32

I think that the Problem here is a bit different than some People might think.
I will say right now that I personally don't know if GW Connect or Skype had the better Interface (for blind users).
But as far as I got this, there was some Kind of Skype developer program which allowed GW Micro to develop GW Connect with some Kind of Skype Technology published for developers.
I don't know who used it, but I don't think that it was only one accessibility Company who used this Skype API.
Then I would want to ask why the said Technology was apparently dropped without reason.
I haven't seen or heard anything about a new developer package "just" replacing the dropped one...

And I'd like to say something about accessibility and web Services as well.
The fact is that lots of sighted People use smartphones or tablet PCs.
Many of them of course can Access the Internet.
However, many of them have their own Facebook Apps or apps for other Services.
But I am currently not sure how many Facebook Clients exist (for sighted People) on Mac or Windows.
But since most Messenger programs and probably Facebook Clients are free to use (non Commercial).
But then we have GW Social Eyes and the other Facebook component mentioned in this Topic.
Both are not free to use and that might be unfair because mobile devices might include alternate Clients for free or might be very cheap to buy.
If GW Social Eyes would cost a one time fee, People might be not so loud in voicing their dislike for GW Micro.
I mean, most programs including most Screen Readers Need only one payment of a fixed amound of Money and theoreticaly that's the end.
No Screen Reader works only for a year for you to pay again in the next year.
I know that some Screen Readers have payment plans or such things, but These are for People who can't pay the entire sum at once.
But if you were able to do so, this would be it for you.
If a new Version came out, then it would be a different matter, but that's the same for Mainstream Software as well.

2014-08-20 20:45:51

Well, I believe that GW is trying to squeeze more money out of the blind community since Window-cries is apparently not selling and giving them enough money.
It's disgusting.
All these Assistive technology companies disgust me and make me want to puke.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-08-20 21:22:43 (edited by livrobo 2014-08-20 21:47:14)

Hello everyone.

Really guys? You're making a huge deal out of nothing. Things happen, this is one of those things that many people do not like.

I have to agree with SLJ here. Microsoft has threatened to stop Skype Kit for a long time now, yet people ignored it and stayed on GWConnect; and now that they really did take it down, people are complaining because they didn't move to the official Skype client, and therefore didn't learn it.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that when you're using what I like to call "a blindy client" That is, a client that acts as a substitution for a service that is out there that aims to either make the product more accessible, or improve upon the accessibility that is already there, you run the risk of the API that the client depends on being terminated.

This doesn't just go for clients of this sort; I was just using that as an example. Had people started to slowly migrate and learn the normal Skype client when Microsoft first gave the warning that the Skype Kit wouldn't be around much longer, we wouldn't be having this problem. If you want the keybindings that GWConnect offers, then all you need is an extension for Skype called Skype Talking. It does the same as gw connect, and I'd even say it does it far better than GWConnect ever did.

One more thing. They sell Social Eyes because they are a company, and companies need and want money. This is no different than going to say, the apple appstore, and buying the Facely client for facebook. The only reason it's different is because people are associating purchasing Social Eyes with the fact that assistive technology often carries a rather large price tag. Once again, I'm lead back to the point, if you don't like it, do not buy it. You cannot complain that you have to spend your money in order to access Facebook because this is in no way true. However, if Facebook were not accessible, and Social Eyes was the only way to use it, then yes, you could complain a little more.

To wrap up. If you don't like it, do not buy it. There is no one telling you that you have to use these products. Sit down for five or so minutes and learn the basics of the Skype client.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2014-08-21 00:17:45

With all due respect I have to disagree.
I don't know who used Skype Kit apart from GW Micro.
But I think that it was not just one Company...
Everyone who used it got cut off, and it was probably more than GW Micro.

I really don't know if Window Eyes is a bad Piece of Software so that GW Micro has to sell other things because Window Eyes would be not selling enough for the Company.
However there is a difference between a product which you buy and a Service you pay a regular subscription fee to use it.
Usually a Screen Reader and/or most programs designed to provide an alternative blind friendly user Interface to web Services might require resources to create it.
Usually this means selling said product.
This is all ok so Long as any Company doesn't Charge more than is needed.
But since the developers of Facebook or Youtube don't prevent third Party developers including their Services into new programs, it must mean that it is allowed to create alternate Clients or programs which use parts of said Services (e.g. Video converting Software with an Option to convert Videos into a Format accepted by Youtube and uploading Options might also be provided).
Often the end user pays for the entire program (e.g. a Video converter) with some link to Youtube.
But using Youtube is free (non Commercial use), you don't exclusively pay for just for Youtube.
Same goes for Facebook.
Then the question would be why GW Social Eyes is a Commercial product, but it can be answered by the fact that GW Micro is selling products in General.
But since it is unlikely that Facebook might get off the Internet very soon, the question would remain why GW Social Eyes isn't sold traditionally meaning that you pay once for the product and not on a yearly Basis.

Whether the program is actually good or if you are better off using Facebook with a web browser is a totally different question.
Actually, I can't answer it, because last time I checked, there was no such Thing as a demo Version of the Client, while JAWS or Window Eyes can be tested before you decide to buy.

It is a question of principle which I meant in my last post.
That some Mainstream Services might not always be totally accessible is probably ture.
But why must every one who wants to help by creating possible Solutions always Charge lots of Money for it except said solution is to be delivered on a Smartphone or tablet?
What about the People who can't or won't use them and prefer a good old Mac or Windows Computer?

2014-08-21 01:11:15 (edited by livrobo 2014-08-21 01:30:04)

Why they charge so much money for the products is unknown to me. My issue is that people are talking like they have some ruling over GW Micro. Again if Facebook were not accessible, and required a client that would be a different story. As it is now though, facebook is completely accessible, so GW Social eyes has to be looked at as just another company trying to make money. It's certainly true that what they're asking is quite high being that it is a recurring payment but there's nothing that can be done about that. People will just have to use the already accessible facebook site, or a different client.

Back to the Skype thing. Microsoft again gave huge warning that the Skype Kit was about to be stopped. Probably about a year. There were dates when it was supposed to stop but it never did. People decided to ignore these warnings, and microsoft did finally pull the plug. This isn't the fault of GW Connect. Personally the only thing I'd say they were at fault for was charging for gw connect even after the first warning was issued. Sure there were other clients that used it, and the supporters of those clients are probably going through this exact same conversation right now.

Regardless of which client people use, they run the risk of it breaking, or no longer being supported since they are not officially created by the owning company. Facebook, for example has quite a number of clients so the risk of them cutting off their access to the service is probably pretty low. On the other hand, how many Skype clients do you see regularly. I can only think of 2, them being the two clients that try to provide an alternate accessible interface. The majority of other clients for Skype were created by Microsoft. for iOS, Linux, ETC. These are official clients supported so they probably won't be going anywhere. I don't know why they dropped Skype Kit. Maybe because it wasn't being used enough or maybe because they want everyone to use the official skype client. Either way, You can't undo it by yelling at GW Micro, nor Microsoft. People will just have to learn the real interfaces to these services, that everyone else has to use and that can be used by everyone just fine or find another alternative client that you like.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2014-08-21 01:31:35

I have been using Skype for the better part of 4 years. Believe it or not, GWConnect was the first Blindy client I used, before actually fully switching to the native Skype app.  And, I can confidently say, Skype is far superior to GW. So to all complainers, winers, and scared people who absolutely don't want to use the regular Skype app, or m.facebook.com, then, I have some news for you. Don't use those services anymore.

2014-08-21 03:43:58

gw enemy hahahahahaha!

2014-08-21 11:03:39

I find it interesting that the people who complains about things here hasn't responded regarding to learning how to use Facebook, or even Skype. Peple are still complaining, so I'm done here!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who are using the normal skype and Facebook. Thanks for your positive comments. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2014-08-21 12:14:53

I hate you gwGLaDIOS or GWEnemy hahaha!

2014-08-21 13:41:34 (edited by Socheat 2014-08-21 13:41:57)

@Arabic2000, don't spam here too much.

2014-08-21 23:39:23

alrigt, I've seen something very discusting, and I'm not gonna stop myself from comenting. Luis, or Arabic, can you shut the heck up you stupid Panameño? cuzz you aren't arabic, you're panameño! and all you say is nonsencicle crap, all stupidity. saying things like I'm gonna kill GW makes you more idiotic and moron than what you are.
Sorry if I'm getting like this folks, but readin this gguy over and over and over again is pissing me off. I can't deal with it!
And well guys, I mean, there are a few things I agree and disagree with. I mean, regarding socialize and all these stuff, I don't even know if that product is having success. but we're always having alternatives to choose, some free, some payd. for facebook chat, for example, i use instantbird and it goes pretty nice, and it is very mainstream. and I was going to say something else, but I kind of forgot it

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2014-08-22 20:09:48 (edited by Sebby 2014-08-22 20:14:38)

Even more incredible, the Twitter web app is now insanely accessible. The only part that's missing now is the means to copy a link from Safari with its page title; then I won't need a Twitter client at all.

And to everyone whimpering about the cost: how do you think these companies subsist if you don't pay them?

Honest question. I'm not trolling.

Well, OK. I'm trolling a teensy-weensy bit, since I'm well aware that life isn't fair. But come on--do you really blame them for charging?

Just myself, as usual.

2014-08-25 12:13:23

Andy93 wrote:

alrigt, I've seen something very discusting, and I'm not gonna stop myself from comenting. Luis, or Arabic, can you shut the heck up you stupid Panameño? cuzz you aren't arabic, you're panameño! and all you say is nonsencicle crap, all stupidity. saying things like I'm gonna kill GW makes you more idiotic and moron than what you are.

Dude, next time you react like this for no reason, I'm going to report you for doing so! This guy have not said anything at all in this topic which could get people to react like this. I mean, we don't care at all if you know him personally or not, and it just sounds like you have some internal issues, which should really be kept privately...
You're only going to get yourself into trouble by keeping flip out on people like this. Please, keep those private issues privately, and if you won't, I hope the moderators will take care of this. I don't think personal attacks like this are acceptable.

Best regards SLJ.

2014-08-28 04:54:00

@slj It seems that way, but what you are not getting is that this guy has spammed lots of other places, like klango. Not only that, he created 2 accounts on there. One called Luis, and then after spamming a lot he was banned from the Spanish community according to what I've heard from Andi93. After that he created a new account called Gaitaasturiana for more spam. Not only that, he shared his password to the general public in klango! If you would've seen the threads that he spammed in you'd know this guy and that Andi isn't just posting this for no reason. I understand it was a little unexpected because you didn't see the spam, but I'd advise asking for clarification on that rather than coming off as flat-out attacking.
@everyone else. Ah right y'all, let's answer a few questions asked here. How do you expect companies to exist without charging? Well, I dunno, but I do know one thing for sure. We! Don't! Need! Paid! Screen reader! companies! anymore! Nvda works just fine, if not better than these programs called Flaws and Window-cries. I am now turning my back to Flaws. I usd to use it, but have since switched to nvda, and don't know how I would've lived without nvda. And now for a clever theory of mine, about these programs. This seems to be an ongoing trend. Has anyone noticed that Flaws and Window-cries have next to flawless registration systems, but the program itself has more bugs than the reg systems do? Now that's really something, they seem to be more concerned about the reg system than the product itself? One point less for greedom science-fiction, gw cryro, and others. So why should they! exist? Accessibility is a right, not a privilege! It's a right everyone deserves to have, with no additional effort on our part! Nv access is the one company that agrees with this and makes nvda free, something we are all incredibly greatful for! Still using Flaws or Window-cries? Well, I've got news for you. If you look ahead of the stone-age, there's a free screen reader waiting! So trash Flaws and all that and you'll be a lot happier! As for gw disconnect, I never complained about that piece of crap. I was actually happy to see it go since I knew skype and skype talking were far superior. Now, the main reason I used discconect, was so that I could be there when it went. When I heard of skype talking, I knew that connect was obsilete all along. Now, I understand that a company needs to charge, I'm not complaining about that at all. What I don't like is charging for something that is free for everyone. 'come on, it's not like the blind have money coming out of their ears! We are human and aren't different. We all have a right to social media, and, once again, that includes us! If the companies fs and gw cared, they'd be helping Microsoft make their screen reader narrator a hell of a lot better! See? This is why I like Mac because Apple really strongly cares about unity and thus voicover smashes the hell out of Microsoft's so called efforts, *like they ever cared* and it's built right into the mac. Should be the same for windows and everyo]thing else. As for m.facebook.com I've heard it didn''t have all the features of facebook.com and the site facebook.com is inaccessible. I'm kind of able to access mobile facebook but some text fields are unlabeled at least when I use it. But to all ppl that used gw disconect, well, we did warn you. I had a copy of skype and skype talking all set up and prepared for when gw connect died.
skype, skype talking and the nvda addon is the most accessible skype I have ever used! Mark my words.

2014-08-28 08:54:13

Jack:
Regarding the spam you're talking about: We can't blame people for what they are doing at other places than here on the forum. Let's say you knew me personally. I was a bad guy out in the town, messing it all up in the blind community. You saw me posting here on the forum where I play nicely, but you started to attack me for things I had done at other places than the forum. So in other words: We can only care about what people are doing here on the forum. I would have reacted the same way, also if I had seen the guy spamming at other places, because he have not spammed here on the forum yet. I hope it makes sense. smile

Regarding to the mobile site of Facebook, it matters what browser you're using. I'm using Safari on my Mac which works great. Others are using Internet Explorer which works better in some siturations, and they are getting a different page than me. I can get Safari to react like IE, so I'll get the same page. smile Others are using Firefox or Google chrome, and they might get a differetn page as well.
Yess, there are some features which is missing on the moble page. The normal Facebook page does work as well, but it takes a while to get used to. I'm using the normal page for managing groups, if I need to do something which doesn't work in the iPhone app.

Best regards SLJ.

2014-08-28 10:29:58

I'll say this simply... since half the people complaining probably won't give this a serious read, and partially because other people have said longer things that I already agree with. Who said we need Socialeyes or GWConnect. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Accessibility for both skype and facebook are both great out of the box, and the mobile site of facebook does pretty much everything needed other than tagging with the @ sign though I haven't tried it there, and nowadays the main facebook page is also accessible. So all the people complaining about companies charging for alternate forms of access... remember that they are just that. Alternate. There are free methods which are accessible as well... skype talking, the regular skype program and the regular facebook site just for the examples. Who'd've thought it? Once again as others have said... if you don't like them, don't buy them. Noone's forcing you to use those options.

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-08-29 02:08:17

Well put out, Clement and Slj. I am using skype, skype talking and the nvda addon and it works perfectly. Regarding the fb accessibility, well, we'll have to get used to using it with chrome and chrome vox. There are some people, though, who do prefer clients so they can leave it out of the way and use windows with it in the background, and react when events happen, one of the reasons I use the qube for twitter accessibility and don't bother with the website. But if web is the only free option, well, I guess it's something us client users will have to get used to, and is diverse depending on which browser you use.

2014-08-29 11:54:24

Well, since Skype client can now connect to facebook, I'm OK with it though. so, if you don't wanna buy those paid softwares, it is Ok. smile

2014-08-30 00:44:48

Wow there! Did you just say that you can use facebook with the skype client? How accessible is that, and will skype talking still get along with skype?