2014-08-28 11:42:21 (edited by Socheat 2014-08-28 11:44:00)

Hi all,

A friend of mine has share some books with me, and she uses google drive. and I also want to use google drive. so, this is a question: does it accessible to blind people? cos my friend she is sited.

Thanks in advance.

2014-08-28 13:22:21

Hi.
I hear it's accessible if you access the folder like in Dropbox, but I haven't looked at it. People say that editing documents in the Google interface isn't accesible, but I don't know for sure.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-08-28 13:46:03

Thanks SLJ for your feedback. I will have a look at the program.

2014-08-28 21:14:49

The job I work at uses google drive for some of the stuff they do and I have found it usuable. I'm using the latest version of firefox and jaws with it. I also found that google sheets is usable for somethings. If all you are going to do is to put data in to a sprid sheet, then google sheets will work ok. Beyond that, I'm not to sure about google sheets. As for google docs, I can figure out for the life of me how to edit a doc. I have to take jaws out of the little app mode that it goes into when I bring up google docs just to review the doc, but that means that you can't interact with google docs the attended way. HTH.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-08-28 22:58:22 (edited by stewie 2014-08-28 22:58:59)

You can use pretty much everything apart for the drawing application with a web browser. When you've opened a document or spreadsheet, hit alt x (or alt plus ` also works) to enable accessibility mode. Your screenreader will need wai-aria support, so older versions of jaws may not work.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-08-29 03:11:21

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciated. Now I have the application installed on my computer. and speaking about jaws, I'm using jaws 14.0

2014-08-29 09:45:56

Dear Socheat!
Yes, Google drive is accessible to the blind. Please use with firefox. please do as the following:
For NVDA to enable accessibility for screen reader press ctrl + alt +z
For Jaws to enable accessibility press
Jaws key + z Jaws will announce virtual cursor off Then perform jaws key + z twice quickly, Jaws announce virtual cursor off to all application. remember While the virtual cursor is off please use tab to do navigation to create. Then press ctrl + alt + z to enable accessibility.
One more thing press ctrl + / to get keyboard shortcut.  And alt + / for menu.
Thanks
Nara

2014-08-29 10:37:04

Thanks teacher. smile

2014-08-31 16:57:25

I still don't know why some parts of Google are accessible while others are not. I used files on Google Drive, but they have no effect on the other end. It's like BitTorrent I think. I also tried Google Docs, but I haven't done it on a Mac yet/

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy