2014-08-28 04:44:21

Hello,
Is there any way to move my C panel into a windows explorer type feel, or a much easier to use directory structure?
I'm very bad currently at using FTP, so couldn't get:
this to work
Does anyone have any ideas?

2014-08-29 09:39:54

Frastlin, what are you currently using for ftp access? If you use something like Filezilla for accessing ftp sites you can move around the directory structure pretty much as you would in Explorer.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2014-08-29 09:49:03

Yeah, I figured it out. I was getting all my user names mixed up. I have a user name for my admin account for the host, the c pannel for the host, the sql databases, my CMS and ftp uploading. That is a lot of user names!!! LOL and I was using the wrong one.
FileZilla seems to be by far the fastest and easiest to use, although using file explorer is nice for getting the basic folder tree in your mind. But file explorer has 2 major major drawbacks:
1. you can't edit files from the window, you have to copy the file out of the ftp explorer window, open it, edit it, then delete the old file from the ftp window and copy the modified file in.
2. It is super slow! FileZilla is almost instant where as  windows explorer only uploads a few kb a second.