2014-08-22 23:44:16

Hi all
Could anyone give some links to some audio dramas.
I all ready listened to we are alive.

Gaming is so cool.
Follow me on Twitter @TheBlindGamer2

2014-08-23 08:59:47

I don't have time for a long discussion sinse i'm currently at music school and need to go off and sing some Les miserables, but www.whitestick.co.uk.if you go to http://www.whitestick.co.uk/books.html  there is a page of links to online audiobooks and dramas.

In particular I'd recommend Darker projects and  varient frequencies, although those are more like dramatic readings  than anything else. some pendent  productions are  good too.

The Big finish doctor who and other series are very professional and awsome, but those aren't free and can be quite expensive.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-08-23 14:38:40 (edited by Socheat 2014-08-23 14:39:17)

Well, I've just listen a legasy one. I may have a look at others.

2014-08-23 21:31:17

Hi App Con.
Well there are the audio dramas the cleansed and the leviathan chronicles which aren't to bad. And yes darker projects is good especially the batman no man's land series. Also check out graphic audio they have some great stuff on there.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-08-24 00:03:18

Check out all the stuff from broken Sea audio productions, makers of a very good Doctor who series, as well as Jake Sampson: Monster hunter -- An audio drama set in the 1930's, involving the Titular Monster hunter and his friends Texas Holdem and Lucy Carter. As far as Darker Projects, my favorite drama produced by DP is the falcon Banner. Sci-fi stuff is cool!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-08-24 23:35:52

@Guitarman, could you please provide a link to the clensed? I remember hearing an add for that on we're alive and it sounded fun but I forgot to chase it .

@blindncool, I wasn't as impressed with brokensea myself, in the stuff I tried like their fantasy series Grog and  griffin, it seemed that  their acting really wasn't up to  much.

I also personally don't really wreckon much to fan fics or indeed fan audio  dramas, sinse I tend to find they over blow things  rather too often. In fairness lots of published novelizations and the like for starwars, startrek and other things have done the same, trying to essentially reinvent a bigger wheel rather than working with the one they have. The one  exception I've found  are the Big finish Doctor who dramas, but that's generally because they've stuck to a very set core of writers and schedule meaning that  what they do works to a very highly edited plan and doesn't go off at random tangents.

Generally I tend to prefer original stuff myself, for all I'm a huge Doctor who fan.

I agree with you on Falcon banner though, though I really! wish they'd produced more, particularly as they're  just about to introduce the best character in the books, Riccard! Then again, Liden hasn't even written the  sixth  and final book of the series, or at least he hadn't last I checked.

my favourite Darker projects series  at the  moment has to be Byron Chronicles, sinse Byron himself is just awsome  though again we've not seen much activitiy there for a while which is a shame sinse the  Leviathan reality stone plot was really picking , and even presented a possible final end to the series (and  that quite aside from  the cross overs with Leviathan  chronicles).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-08-25 06:58:01

Hi
I also like the chronicles , I hope they make more

Gaming is so cool.
Follow me on Twitter @TheBlindGamer2

2014-08-25 10:31:55

Hi.
The guy who plays Byron sounds awesome.
And the chronicles as a whole are great.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-08-25 10:32:44

For those who don't know, The Byron Chronicles has moved from Darker Projects.

It is now found at http://ericbusbypresents.com/

2014-08-25 13:08:05

Thanks cooltirk, that is good to know, and explains why I've not seen much activity from darker projects regarding   Byron, I can't wait to hear all the new episodes, though I might have to listen to season 4 again as I can't remember where they were up to, not between all the reality jumping and complex plots and so on.

2014-08-25 18:05:01

@Dark: Here you go:
http://thecleansed.com/
I haven't listened myself, but guess I'll just go and give it a try, might be worth the while. Although I've become quite sceptical ever since I started listening to We're Alive, the quality of that show is just impressive!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2014-08-26 20:15:10

Thanks for the link alex.

I've heard some of the first episode, and I do like the way they work, giving out the free versions but selling  the paid versions. The quality  seemed pretty okay to me, though I've not heard enough to say  whether the quality of the writing is up to the task much less up to the standards of We're alie, still the acting wasn't dreadful. I'm not really in the frame of mind for an appocalypse story right now so will leave The Cleansed until I'm feeling more in a doom and gloom humour :d.

I'm looking forward to when We're alive release a four season box set of cds, sinse while I would like the thing on cd I might as well wait and get the hole thing, and I don't want to buy from any of those stupid drm people like  audible.

On that front the Cleansed might be good I don't know sinse you seem to be able to buy the complete season one from them, though it is also available via audible if you  do that.

2014-09-13 14:55:38

ok, I'm fairly new to audiodrama.  Where do I find "we're Alive?"  It really does sound interesting.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2014-09-13 17:03:54

You can find we're alive Here

If your looking for audio dramas generally I'd recommend checking the page on www.whitestick.co.uk, that has a good list with many of the sites commonly talked about here, such as broken sea, darker projects etc, with appropriate links.

Indeed whitestick.co.uk has many useful link lists to get information on lots of subjects from online games, to useful programs, to blind/vi organizations or bloggers so is one I'd recommend on general principle as ell.