2014-08-21 18:10:32

Yes, but don't you need to load the map or array of all the objects so you know what is in range and what is not in range?

Have you considered making the game like a Walking Dead kind of thing, where players have a base, but go on raids to gather equ together, kind of like WOW?

2014-08-21 18:55:22

Well, yes, you do have to loop through the objects on the map. But even there you could divide the map into different sections and skip the ones the player is not close to.

I haven't, no. I've been plannig how to make it as similar to Swamp as possible while keeping my flowing, dynamic engine. Haha big_smile But every idea is worth considering.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2014-08-21 20:35:33

ghorth. Please give me your skype in a private message because I have a problem with the hosting of RTR server

2014-08-22 02:50:22

what is your sk please glad25?

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2014-08-22 08:26:29

you can find my skype on my profile

2014-08-22 15:52:17

Hi.
I've just tried the game, and like it a lot.
I using a virtual windows on my Macbook air 11 inch, and I'm surprised how great it runs on the machine. It feels super responsive.
Is it possible to switch between the weapons you've picked up? It seems as the weapons have unlimited ammo but I'm not sure.
Wow, the intro is really, really cool and very well made. Who have made this?
Keep up the awesome work man.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-08-22 17:36:42

Hi.
I've tried the game and enjoyed it very much.
however i Wanna mention 2 things:
1. the eset smart security AntiVirus detects the zst.exe file as a virus and removes it so i turned it off in order to play.
2. sometimes after i get one time kill shotgun, I couldn't find any zomby in the map to fight.

I'd like to see new features and play your other projects

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2014-08-22 23:26:24

Hi, the one time thing happens to me too.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-08-25 11:19:10

Hi Ghorthalon. I have some ideas to Your software.
But, firstly, It'll be only zombie shooter, or something more, like that? I think, that It'll include the much thinks, like road to rage.
Thanks, Marco.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2014-08-25 12:23:49

I am sorry, but mouse, doesn't work.

2014-08-25 12:26:10

For explanation, i am using the touchpad.

2014-08-26 16:42:42

Yo. This, is awesome! I haven't tried it yet, but when i do i will play it for hours straight. I lvoe this kind of game. Oh yeah ghorthalon, please please please make it online! Also there was a topic about swamp pricing, if you don't have a bank account or a paypaul account, don't buy it. Get this game. If you have both those things and are ok paying, get swamp! Simple as that!

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2014-08-26 16:56:21

Your link is not working. I clicked on it, and clicked open, and nothing happened.

2014-08-26 17:07:58

Hi,

This is a ZIP file. Basically you want to download it, then extract it. It's not an installer. After extracting, run the ZST.EXE file.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2014-08-26 18:05:24

hi, I've tried your game and it's really good for your new engine.
by the way, is this new engine will be similar to dragon flame or BGT, or is it an engine to make FPS game?
and if possible, can you add one more language for the engine and the game itself? I prefer english and german language.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-08-26 21:55:46

Hi. I downloaded the game now. Its cool. The thing i noticed was that sometimes, the zombies were slow, and were hard to find, at the beginning. But other times,there so fast, i die almost as soon as i start the game. Also, my mouse doesn't work for turning. That's not a very bad thing, considering i can use the aero keys anyway. Just thought i'd let you know. Anyways, enough complaining, i liked owning those undead! Oh yeah can you add a map that is a town? And possibly AI people? Running from the zombies to make it more real? Its pretty good still.

2014-08-27 20:02:39

I would like to be a tester. If you want... Fire me PM on twitter. Areknuno69a

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2014-09-04 22:00:51

Hi. My mouse doesn't work. I can shoot with it, but i can't turn. Can someone help with this? Also, Ghorthalon, will this be done before halloween? I want to play it on halloween night after i get stocked up on candy.

2014-09-05 17:59:17

just, wow! keep it up!

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2014-09-05 18:30:49

This could dang near be a game on its own! I love it... but could use a few more weapons. But for a tech demo, this is amazing. Where did you get the one cutscene from?

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-09-05 19:10:54 (edited by TalonTheDragon 2014-09-05 19:11:37)

The cutscene was hammered out by Pitermach. I was at his place while I prepared the tech demo, and he just needed to have a cutscene in it. And since he's amazing at sound work, I let him do so.

By the way, good news! I have started work on a server application for this game. A more complex map is already on it's way, so in a few weeks we might see the first multiplayer implementation of the game! I'm going for a swamp-style game, with the fluentness of this current engine, the high-quality sound design and of course, the amazing amounts of detail that I, so far, managed to get into every single one of my games. Of course, this is a mere estimate, but if I can find more time to finish and complete it, I will be a very happy dragon.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2014-09-05 19:27:24

Gotcha. Was just curious about where the voices and all came from. Looking forward to playing this... and hoping to see something similar but with pvp human opponents! I'm still dreaming of something that's got the whole armory of swamp and shooting mechanics, but the pvp aspect of RTR.

2014-09-05 20:34:29

I've thought about combining both. Ever heard of DayZ? That's the kind of thing I was aiming for - probably a little less advanced in terms of vehicles, and maps, but PVP as well as zombie killing is both going to be a thing, so you'll have to be careful what you do.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2014-09-05 20:57:12

hi
very good news

2014-09-05 21:20:13

Haven't heard of it, no. But that sounds like a cool idea though! And possibly have separate servers like rtr with different options so some could be purely pvp? also, are there new weapons coming in?