2014-08-22 20:33:03

All right, so I beat renzena with ross and Metor Rush or what ever it is.
Now, I'm stuck at the infected cruelclaw boss. How does the final corruption thing work?
I assume it's random like final shot?
These random scrolls are really starting to piss me off.
Any help with this?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-08-22 21:55:44

@Chris
Spoiler ahead!

it's not the same as Stella, but it's tough in it's own way.
You get a random scroll, yes, but it doesn't get re-randomized until you hit it successfully. Try to learn the scroll in as few turns as possible so you can cast it. Rince and repeat. This time you get to choose which character you want to do it with.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2014-08-22 22:15:58

That said, Cecil and Shawna are probably your best bets for this, depending on who you'e built up better. Cecil has more HP and two-thirds of Shawna's defense. Shawna has fewer HP to play with but takes less damage. Kelly hits just as hard (or perhaps just a bit harder) than either of them, but her defense is awful so you won't have room for error. Ross and Gabriel probably won't do enough damage to warrant using them, and if you pick Simon, you and your foe will be plinking each other to death. Myself, I prefer Cecil.

On the bit about random scrolls though, I agree. It's kind of similar to the "push the button when you hear the beep" sort of games that a lot of people disparage, which is sad in its way because Paladin could be more than that.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2014-08-22 23:41:14

Hi.
Spoiler.
I'm on the boss of the third tower.
It's fun, I got to gabe vs ross. I don't think i need any help but it's actually one of the first boss battels I'm enjoying.
End spoilers.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-08-23 08:47:25

Hi there.
spoiler space
spoiler space
What do I do or where should I go after beating dj rocky?
Thanks.

2014-08-23 12:32:08

hi jayde and all. i am now only left with the ghostly chamber's boss and of course the 1 at hell on earth to do, but for the life of me i just can't seem to find the ghostly chamber again. i keep ending back at the same place after following walls and walls. i am usually not bad at nevigation, but it seems like the ghostly chamber is really avoiding me. i kept ending up at places or teleporters that i have already taken and used b before. any pointers for me to get to the ghostly chamber?

2014-08-23 13:12:36

ok. finally found the ghostly chamber, and gotten to level 2 of it, but i spent a lot of time bashing my head against lots of walls, but can't seem to find my way out of the room that i arrived in. tried hammering on the enter key as i walked everywhere too in case i missed any hidden walls but it's no use.

2014-08-23 16:39:48

@Kelwl,
Spoiler!

There's one wall which has a single opening containing a false wall. I don't remember exactly where it is but you'll need to go along the wall (I think to the right) and keep tapping it to find a hidden opening.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2014-08-23 19:42:07 (edited by stewie 2014-08-23 19:42:30)

spoilers
I have been trying to defeat Stella for 2 weeks now. i physically can not do it, even when guessing and trying to memorise it. Is there some way an easier difficulty could be added, as I literally do not have the reaction time to pull it off. As of now it's ridiculous.
End spoiler

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-08-23 21:24:03

Hello Stewie,
Do you have any access to a computer which natively runs a windows operating system?
I doubt it has anything to do with your reaction time at all, I think your virtualization technology is giving you latency.
Chris also had a lot of trouble with this and he's running the same kind of setup as you.
Can you let us know if you can try it while running windows directly and see if that makes any difference?
Otherwise maybe your virtualization platform gives you some configuration options to try and deal with these problems?

2014-08-23 22:12:02 (edited by stewie 2014-08-23 22:15:33)

I'm not running any form of virtualisation, this is a computer, the primary OS of which is windows. I'm running windows 7 64 bit, using NVDA as the game's screenreader.

I've tried using all 3 keys, using other hands, etc. I'm pretty sure my lack of reaction time is part of it, as I'm usually hitting alt just as the game's output announces my failure to do so.

spoilers
The furthest I've made it was to the 4 beep scroll, but that is where I failed sadly.
end spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-08-23 22:33:10

Oh okay, I was under the impression that you were one of the mac users, my mistake.
Can you comment at all on ross's level as well as his stats?
Do you run anything such as sticky keys? Have you tried resting your finger on the key and putting just a little bit of weight on it so you can be ready to push it straight down as soon as you hear it?
Also check out my audio recording of this http://www.caturria.ca/paladin/13_regret_stella.mp3
If I remember correctly Ross is level 46 (to be honest I prefer 49 - 50) with almost 20 impact and about 520 health.
Stella should be hitting you for 15 ~ 20 damage per hit so 500 health will give you a little better than 25 turns.
You should only have to land about 8 successful shots (2, sometimes 3 scrolls with only one press, 3 scrolls with 2 presses, 2 scrolls with 3 and only 1 with 4).
So with the aforementioned stats you've gotta hit about 1/3 of the time. You can't hold your finger above the key because there isn't enough time for your finger to descend.
Also make sure your screen reader is off, you don't want it intercepting key presses and slowing you down.
The biggest problem for me is that my finger will twitch in anticipation of the sound so I hit it too early.
If you're still having troubles you could spend an hour or so training ross in the tower of regret, or if you've collected some level up erbs feed those to him and get his HP up past 500.

2014-08-23 22:45:43 (edited by stewie 2014-08-23 22:54:18)

Ok Ross's stats:

20 impact
112 strength.
112 defense
level 56
580 of 580 hp

Stella does exactly 12 damage to me each attack, so that results in 49 turns. Still I am still barely getting to the 400 shots before losing.

2014-08-23 22:58:47

Hello.
When it says 580 of 580, was that after a failed attempt? If so that might indicate that you're not getting 49 turns because you're not fully healed going in.
Try resting your finger on the key in advance so when you hear it you just have to push it down instead of having to take the time to descend your finger to the key.
It really is just one of those things that takes some practice.
In my first two playthroughs it took me 10 or so tries to win. Now I'm doing it every time with 200 - 300 hp to spair. You really just have to figure out how to best position yourself. Are you using a laptop? If so are you using the built-in keyboard or an external one?

2014-08-23 23:01:07 (edited by stewie 2014-08-23 23:01:26)

I'm using a laptop, with a built in keyboard. Are you using a desktop by any chance? A desktop/external keyboard may make it easier, as long as there is no latency between the key press and the event being triggered. And I go in with full hp. I've killed the 300 shadows, so I've saved outside of the house.

2014-08-23 23:10:21

Unless a keyboard or a VM is causing latency, this fight is not particularly hard. Annoying, for sure, but not hard. I'm usually able to win with around half of Ross's HP left. As stated, put your finger right above or very gently resting on your alt key (or whatever key you use), and the instant you hear a beep, tap it. The first couple are only one beep, so they're easy. The two-beep ones are usually all right too, except when you get excited waiting for a beep and you get dead silence.

...and this is the sort of thing that makes me sad about Paladin. It's not about patterns or strategy, it's about simple hand-eye coordination. It's like Liam's silly game Beep, thrown into a sci-fi RPG with a mediocre plot and questionable dialogue and some really interesting boss mechanics and huge maps.

2014-08-23 23:21:03

Nope, I'm using a laptop with a built-in keyboard as well.
Personally I prefer the left alt key and for that fight, I put my left index finger on the left alt key with a little bit of pressure and then press enter on Final Shot so my finger is as ready as possible to hit it as soon as it beeps.
With that setup I can usually hit the first 4 or so correctly and then I'll start missing a few of the longer ones.
I could also try a desktop (my grandmother's is sitting right next to me). I'd imagine it'd be harder because the keys are taller and so they have further to go down when you hit them.
I still wonder if you have a source of latency somewhere in your setup?
This really isn't all that bad for most people but there have been proven situations where something external came in to play.
There used to be a problem caused by the install_keyhook function of BGT which made this impossible. Microsoft had released an update which completely broke this feature and so using it resulted in at least 250 ms of latency. I tracked the issue down and so he solved it by removing install_keyhook from the code. What are you using as a screen reader? Is it turned off?

2014-08-23 23:23:17

NVDA has no latency. In fact, I think my accuracy has gone up from SAPI. That much I know.

2014-08-24 00:02:32

I rarely have trouble with that fight.I have more trouble with the boss fight in the Tower of Truth, specifically any part involving Gabriel. I hate! Fatal Blast.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2014-08-24 00:16:42

Fatal Blast is randomized on every playthrough apparently, which is silly because Wraith's Curse sucks and Gabriel needs all the help he can get during the main game. He only really becomes viable post-Pierre.

2014-08-24 00:36:13

Wraith's curse is stronger than fatal blast.
Gabriel's not really meant for boss battles. He's mainly intended for grinding coins since he gets double early on, and as much as 4X by the end.
He's basically Ross JR.
The trick to such things as the boss in the sanctuary and the tower of truth is to not favour any character.
If you keep them all at the same level you won't have problems. Gabriel's parts can be a little time-consuming but under normal circumstances embodiment of valor should be enough for you to brave his parts in the tower of truth.
Then you can choose to either use his abundance of coins on his upgrades or share them with your other characters.
If you favoured any character too much you'll have problems in truth when it comes time to fight them. After that point it's pretty well okay to give preferencial treatment to whoever you want to just so long as Ross and Kelly are good enough to succeed in their solo parts.

2014-08-24 04:10:48

Hi, I'm in the tower of truth floor too. There seems to be only a hallway that goes from left to right. I'm not exactly sure what to do. Every time I go to the right and hit the teleporter, it just brings me back to the staircase. I tried turning on both on and off the two switches at the other end of the hallway. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

2014-08-24 04:18:25

There are two switches, a left switch and a right switch.
Both switches can be set to either on or off.
Only one combination will work.
There are only four configurations, and the switches remember what you did to them so they do not reset (as far as I know) when you leave the tower.
That said, since this doesn't exactly require a ton of explanation, I'll let you figure out which configuration of on-off for both of those switches will get rid of your obstacle.
Just remember: a switch is on if the sound it makes is a harsher buzz. If it's a more mellow tone, it's off.

2014-08-24 05:57:49

Hi.
Spoiler for tower of truth floor 2.
if you don't want the answer to the switch puzzle then stop reading now.

It's the one on the far left.
You can tell this cause it sounds different to the normal switches. or it did to me anyway.
end spoilers.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-08-24 14:44:04

So I'm stuck on Floor two of The Tower of Fear. When I take the stairs to floor two, I hear funny windy type sounds that try to track my movement. When I ran into one of them, I was caught. And then I was forced to fight a shadow of death. I managed to beat it, but then I heard this funny whistley explosive echo noise and the shadow of death bubbly noises came back. What do I do since these things hit hard? Is there anyway to stop those things? Floor 2 is gonna be a Paine in the ass if I have to navigate through these.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.